2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think he even played badly, people just like to complain and go overboard about clearly brilliant players when they're under par. 2010 was fair enough, he was total dogshit, but he was okay in that match I thought, shit corner aside.

Sky Sports News harping on about Messi not scoring in a World Cup for 8 years...so basically he didn't score in 2010. Cretins man.

Over here one of our brilliant pundits broke it down like this:

"Messi scored his 2nd world cup goal today, his first since his first world cup goal..."

I don't think he even played badly, people just like to complain and go overboard about clearly brilliant players when they're under par. 2010 was fair enough, he was total dogshit, but he was okay in that match I thought, shit corner aside.

Assist aside he was rotten man.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think he even played badly, people just like to complain and go overboard about clearly brilliant players when they're under par. 2010 was fair enough, he was total dogshit, but he was okay in that match I thought, s*** corner aside.

Disagree entirely.

I don't think he even played badly, people just like to complain and go overboard about clearly brilliant players when they're under par. 2010 was fair enough, he was total dogshit, but he was okay in that match I thought, s*** corner aside.

Disagree entirely.

What did he do then?  He missed a chance where the keeper dived out of the way. He took the ball off Barkley just as he was about to shoot. He sliced a corner straight out. And he played two or three nice crossfield passes. He constantly drifted infield and left us too narrow.

That is something I've noticed about him at International level. You play him as your centre forward and he drops deep ball searching leaving us bereft up front. You play him wide left and he drifts in leaving us narrow.  So if we must pick him, give him a free role . I think he'd benefit us floating behind a front three with the license to roam.

Guest firetotheworks

I agree with your point about where to play him, I just don't think he was 'useless' or anywhere near as bad as anyone has suggested.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I think he was a negative effect on the overall balance of the team - so I wouldn't say it's his fault but I wouldn't start him there either.

He took the ball off Barkley who was running straight into a centre back, and the shot he missed was hardly criminal, he tried to place it into the bottom corner and missed by a foot. The fact the keeper went the wrong way made it look like he'd missed an open target.

I was pissed off with him after the game like most people I was with but in hindsight he didn't do too bad, I expect and hope he has better games in the tournament like.

Rooney did everything well in an attacking sense, but he was very, very dissapointing defensively! Don't know how many times throughout the game I screamed at him to help out on the left wing, baines was up against two player the whole game nearly.

As England were playing a more offensive approach you can't really pick on him only.

Cahill and Baines were both very poor for the second goal, the first goal you could easily say was too lax by all of our team...

We should be able to beat both Urine-guay and Cocksa-rica tbh...

Rooney did everything well in an attacking sense, but he was very, very dissapointing defensively! Don't know how many times throughout the game I screamed at him to help out on the left wing, baines was up against two player the whole game nearly.

As England were playing a more offensive approach you can't really pick on him only.

Cahill and Baines were both very poor for the second goal, the first goal you could easily say was too lax by all of our team...

Yet when Rooney goes deep to help out defensively people complain that he's a forward and shouldn't be wasting his energy defending. :yao:

Strong of Bosnia not to Pjanic after conceding so early.

Think Dzeko-ped with it well so far, yes.

Still can't get this out of my head, damn you KaKa :lol: :lol:

Greatness is often difficult to ignore, yes.  :)

Yet when Rooney goes deep to help out defensively people complain that he's a forward and shouldn't be wasting his energy defending. :yao:

Its a bit different when you're playing left wing compared to when you are playing as a striker or off the striker

Pearce’s moments of madness in full:

Pearce: “Well look at the boos and the Honduran players. And look at this again. We’ve seen so many spurious goal line technology replays. AND IT SIGNALS NO GOAL! No goal has gone up on the screen. The fans have heard it, the Honduran players have seen it.”

Keown: “But it’s a goal there...”

Pearce: “OH GOODNESS ME. THEY’VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS NOW. Does goal line technology work or doesn’t it?”

Pearce went on to say “Well which replay are we supposed to believe? This was supposed to be a flawless system.”

As Pearce began ranting that the referee couldn’t give it if he had ANY doubt, Keown, with the patience of a man explaining gravity to a small child, said: “Yes but it says the ball was over the line on the second instance.”

Pearce still wasn’t having it though, and later reflected: “ The whole goal line technology debate will flare up again because it was not good enough, was it? One moment we are seeing a goal given by the assistant referee, then the next thing we are seeing it’s not over the line in the replay, and then we are seeing it is over the line on the second one.”

:lol: