2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's gay as hell, man. Why does it go up to "I believe that we" then skip "will"?

I

I believe

I believe that

I believe that we

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN

SHUT UP SHUT UP JUST SHUT UP

It's not the arrogance that's bad, they should believe they can win tbh. It's the fact that "I believe that we can win" is, with no competition, the worst chant ever conceived.

True, but it demonstrates something. English people are far too self-conscious to really believe they can upset the odds.

a) the chant is a direct Landon quote, off the back of Klinsmann saying they can't win the World Cup. It's not great but at least it has some background

b) their so called second to none levels of arrogance is aka confidence/belief, and it's an absolutely massive reason why the still have a great chance of qualifying for the next round, despite being in a very difficult group. England will continue achieving absolutely fuck all while they persist with their delightfully charming crippling self-consciousness.

Exactly, I agree, that's why I posted it originally.

Have to hand it to Americans like, they're second to none for hype and arrogance.

Obviously makes me recoil quite a bit, but I really can't imagine England chanting 'I believe that we will win' before a game like this. Has to be something in it.

Our subtlety got knocked overboard when we crossed the Atlantic.

It's not the arrogance that's bad, they should believe they can win tbh. It's the fact that "I believe that we can win" is, with no competition, the worst chant ever conceived.

Could have just been Howard's Tourettes kicking in to be honest.

Guest firetotheworks

http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/400/media/images/75856000/jpg/_75856423_recife2.jpg

Recife.

Kick off in 3 hours...

That sign'll have to go for a start.

I

I BELIEVE

I BELIEVE THAT

I BELIEVE THAT WE

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL DRAW, OR LOSE BUT STILL MAKE IT THROUGH ON GOAL DIFFERENCE, OR THAT PORTUGAL AND GHANA WILL DRAW!

I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL DRAW, OR LOSE BUT STILL MAKE IT THROUGH ON GOAL DIFFERENCE, OR THAT PORTUGAL AND GHANA WILL DRAW!

Guest firetotheworks

Its a Recife for disaster.

bad jokes are your achilles neil.

The real Taylor Report.

Guest Roger Kint

Stan Collymore ‏@StanCollymore 1m

BREAKING. Luis Suarez reportedly gets NINE game ban and 4 month general football ban. @talkSPORT LIVE

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: that's crap. Is that not less than the last one?

Does that mean 4 months from now for Internationals plus 9 domestic games? Or the greater of 4 months and 9 games?

Edit: 9 international plus 4 months ban from any form of football, sure Liverpool will be over the moon to lose him til October

:lol: that's crap. Is that not less than the last one?

Does that mean 4 months from now for Internationals plus 9 domestic games? Or the greater of 4 months and 9 games?

I'd say 9 internationals and 4 month general ban from now but not entirely sure