2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unless there is nothing to possibly stop you going over due to the contact it is a dive.

:thup:

I don't blame Robben, he's doing what anyone would do in that position. I wonder what Unbelievables opinion is, the man who condemned Suarez handball at the World Cup. Going by his arguments back then, there's no way he's happy here.

I'm not particularly happy no. Actually, there is a nice parallel between this incident and our tournament in general so far; both are effective and "acceptable" within the rules, but both do not really command respect or set the pulse racing. Still I think we've been on the receiving end of two questionable penalties already this tournament, and nobody could have complained if Robben got a penalty in the first half. So in that sense I don't think the pen was unjustified, especially as Marquez did foul him. Robben is a brilliant player, but I don't like that side of him, same as I suspect you don't like it on Neymar.

:lol::lol::lol:

;)

Guest palnese

Rumours doing the rounds that Hernandez has handed in a transfer request at Man United.

would love him here

He'd hardly score a goal.

If you give a touch like that as a foul then every challenge will be a foul. If you touch a player before you win the ball, say as in a sliding tackle. It's ridiculous that's even thought of as a penalty. It's nothing that's been turned into a penalty by a cheat because of a tiny touch in a contact sport. A blatant cheat who's done it repeatedly and FIFA/UEFA have let c***s like him multiply because they're scared to act.

I f***ing hate modern football and the win at all cost cheating c***s that infest it.

Spot on. :thup:

Unless you're capable of dropping deep, picking up the ball and taking on an entire team before scoring then it's not going to work. Basically we need Messi.

Too Lazy according to many on here.

Rumours doing the rounds that Hernandez has handed in a transfer request at Man United.

would love him here

He's a crap footballer who's just excellent at getting in the right place at the right time in the box.

He'd be an utter bystander with our hoofball tactics and floated corners to cuntface.

I note triggs has shifted the goal posts of his argument from Robben earned the penalty to diving is alright under some circumstances actually.

:lol: My argument has been the same throughout this discussion. I don't know what you are talking about. I said Robben deserved a penalty because he was fouled. It is necessary to dive sometimes when you have genuinely been fouled in order to get a free or penalty that you deserve. That is literally all I've said from the beginning

would love him here

You hate him that much?

:lol: people acting like the cunt can't control a football ffs.

:lol: I think he's good, but what does it matter here.

I note triggs has shifted the goal posts of his argument from Robben earned the penalty to diving is alright under some circumstances actually.

:lol: My argument has been the same throughout this discussion. I don't know what you are talking about. I said Robben deserved a penalty because he was fouled. It is necessary to dive sometimes when you have genuinely been fouled in order to get a free or penalty that you deserve. That is literally all I've said from the beginning

Agree. We've all seen times a player has missed a chance having ridden a poor challenge thats clearly affected his ability to score, before it was remarked "He'd have had a pen there if he'd gone down".

This complete honesty in football ideal is great if refs were consistant but they're not. Robben was clearly fouled & deserved a pen first half, its hardly suprising hes then made the most of further incidents.

If you give a touch like that as a foul then every challenge will be a foul. If you touch a player before you win the ball, say as in a sliding tackle. It's ridiculous that's even thought of as a penalty. It's nothing that's been turned into a penalty by a cheat because of a tiny touch in a contact sport. A blatant cheat who's done it repeatedly and FIFA/UEFA have let cunts like him multiply because they're scared to act.

I fucking hate modern football and the win at all cost cheating cunts that infest it.

Rafa Marques didn't get any of the ball. Therefore it wasn't a tackle, it was a foul. No one is complaining about contact on a tackle. But if you barge into someone, swipe at their legs, knick their ankles, etc without playing the ball then you're putting them at a disadvantage and slowing them down unfairly. Pen every day of the week.

Guest bimpy474

If you give a touch like that as a foul then every challenge will be a foul. If you touch a player before you win the ball, say as in a sliding tackle. It's ridiculous that's even thought of as a penalty. It's nothing that's been turned into a penalty by a cheat because of a tiny touch in a contact sport. A blatant cheat who's done it repeatedly and FIFA/UEFA have let cunts like him multiply because they're scared to act.

I fucking hate modern football and the win at all cost cheating cunts that infest it.

Rafa Marques didn't get any of the ball. Therefore it wasn't a tackle, it was a foul. No one is complaining about contact on a tackle. But if you barge into someone, swipe at their legs, knick their ankles, etc without playing the ball then you're putting them at a disadvantage and slowing them down unfairly. Pen every day of the week.

Utter bollocks.

Utter bollocks.

Why is that utter bollocks?

Utter bollocks.

Utter bollocks that you have to play the ball? You're committed, I'll give you that.