2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest palnese

unlucky Australia, good effort. Can't see Chile getting through

Why do you base everything on the first game?

not seen enough else from Chile to base on anything else and based on what I saw tonight 2nd half in particular just won't work against Spain and Holland

Fair enough.

Chile looked fantastic for the first 20 minutes, but Australia were all over the shop. They had no shape and looked nervous. After that they were easily matched and found it hard to deal with the aerial ball, struggled against pace as well.

unlucky Australia, good effort. Can't see Chile getting through

Why do you base everything on the first game?

Cos he's a miserable bassa

Good ol' Chile. I think Spain will murder them tbh, may as well stick a Costa hattrick on

Be wearing suspenders after his headbutt perhaps.

Ooo forgot about that, what's the script with retrospective decisions in the World Cup? Only thing similar I can think of is Figo getting away with nutting some other Dutch daftie.

Just got back from the game. Just turned a bit orange myself. Robben and van Persie, especially the first one, fucking hell. They won it for them.

Match started as I expected, Spain dominating possession and got a first goal (haven't seen replay but apparently not a penalty? looked like one in the stadium). Then something happened, van Persie equalizes right before half-time (and what a fucking goal it was). From there on Spain looked lost, 2nd half was not great until another long ball found Robben who had so much to do and still did it brilliantly. 3rd goal was never to have stood, everyone knew it, van Persie knew it, the dutch fans sitting next to me knew it (sat right in the middle of the orange support, great atmosphere, spanish fans were dead) and the spanish players knew it. They kept pointing to the screen as replay showed and were livid and rightly so, dutch fans were laughing and kept saying ''that was lucky''. Goal stood, maybe consolation for Holland since it was never a penalty apparently. Then it just kept coming, I couldn't stay down, kept standing up and applauding van Persie and Robben. What a performance from those two. The dutch don't have a very good team, but when you've got those two and a tactical intelligent manager (who I despise) anything can happen.

Unbelievable (the poster), I think I'm a bit dutch until next round. What a great set of fans, I thought I'd despise them but I just couldn't stop laughing and jumping like a child at moment like RvPs bar hit and Robbens volley, which btw was near impossible to get a hit, the ball was spinning like a motherfucker.

Excellent start to the World Cup, but terrible refereeing, which maybe takes the light away a bit from the ''corruption'' claim from some ridiculous people. Mexico robbed of two goals as well. Also watched Chile - Australia and while I'm impressed by Chile's offensive play, their defenders will be eaten up by Diego Costa, van Persie if they don't attack. Think Group B might end up in 6 points for all and goal difference be the difference. Chile team have a good enough team to beat the dutch on a decent day despite the start by Holland to the tournament.

Decent play in most of the matches so far - Brazil the biggest disappointment on their all-round play, Holland's huge win the biggest surprise because it was against Spain. Aussies are a team in transition, most of the 2006 side gone and although some good young players, the team has lack of experience with no genuine top quality forwards like Kewell and Viduka(back in the day).

Will be interesting to see how England fare against the Italians and what the Germans can offer....

Guest chopey

I'm gona really enjoy tonight it'll be the first time since Christmas I'm supporting a team I love that I actually want to win

Just got back from the game. Just turned a bit orange myself. Robben and van Persie, especially the first one, f***ing hell. They won it for them.

Match started as I expected, Spain dominating possession and got a first goal (haven't seen replay but apparently not a penalty? looked like one in the stadium). Then something happened, van Persie equalizes right before half-time (and what a f***ing goal it was). From there on Spain looked lost, 2nd half was not great until another long ball found Robben who had so much to do and still did it brilliantly. 3rd goal was never to have stood, everyone knew it, van Persie knew it, the dutch fans sitting next to me knew it (sat right in the middle of the orange support, great atmosphere, spanish fans were dead) and the spanish players knew it. They kept pointing to the screen as replay showed and were livid and rightly so, dutch fans were laughing and kept saying ''that was lucky''. Goal stood, maybe consolation for Holland since it was never a penalty apparently. Then it just kept coming, I couldn't stay down, kept standing up and applauding van Persie and Robben. What a performance from those two. The dutch don't have a very good team, but when you've got those two and a tactical intelligent manager (who I despise) anything can happen.

Unbelievable (the poster), I think I'm a bit dutch until next round. What a great set of fans, I thought I'd despise them but I just couldn't stop laughing and jumping like a child at moment like RvPs bar hit and Robbens volley, which btw was near impossible to get a hit, the ball was spinning like a motherfucker.

Excellent start to the World Cup, but terrible refereeing, which maybe takes the light away a bit from the ''corruption'' claim from some ridiculous people. Mexico robbed of two goals as well. Also watched Chile - Australia and while I'm impressed by Chile's offensive play, their defenders will be eaten up by Diego Costa, van Persie if they don't attack. Think Group B might end up in 6 points for all and goal difference be the difference. Chile team have a good enough team to beat the dutch on a decent day despite the start by Holland to the tournament.

:smitten: :clap:

You know that old song, don't you? DON'T YOU?

It's the end of the world as we know it,

...and the Dutch feel fine.

I think it would be more on along the lines of Orange Crush.

RVP, oh RVP

I've got my Sneijder, got my Robben too

Loved the Spain vs Holland game, Robben was immense.

Spain really need to think about having a Plan B for when they are chasing a game more than 1 goal. When they are winning or keeping it level, holding the ball and using the technique they are blessed with is a good strategy. But when you need to be looking to get back in the game holding the ball for too long in uneffective areas of the pitch doesn't really help you. Also questionable whether Diego Costa is really the man to lead their line. Yes he's had a great season, so it makes sense, but given he's 28 where's he been all these years? - Be interesting to see if he makes the impact he should for Spain.

Guest firetotheworks

Robben was a diving cunt at Chelsea tbf. For that I absolutely hated him. He doesn't seem to be like that anymore, which makes him a lot easier to appreciate.

Robben is just stupidly good. So happy he performed. Gets so much hate.

He's really looking inform for this tournament. I really wish that storming volley went in for his hatrick, it was a beast.

Also loved RVP's header, was awesome.