2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best performance in defeat we have had in ages....bit more cutting edge from strikers, bit more desire to get on the end of things and who knows.

Positives for me.

After the disgrace of 4 years ago this is a million miles from that. Its all about the next Euros and 2018.

Yep. The old guard of Gerrard etc. weren't good enough in their prime but they're doing a nurturing job and like you say 2016 onwards should be even better.

Two pretty poor sides, imo. Not impressed by either team.

Both will probably go through, but England will struggle.

Maybe I'm just used to utter shit football, but I honestly thought England played well today :lol:

So did Italy, and once they decided to shut up shop our final ball was lacking, but I thought all in all it was a good display. Better than I expected anyway.

Loads of positives for England. Play like that against the other two and we go through.

I agree. We've been sucker punched tonight really, we had the majority of the fret.

Best performance in defeat we have had in ages....bit more cutting edge from strikers, bit more desire to get on the end of things and who knows.

Positives for me.

After the disgrace of 4 years ago this is a million miles from that. Its all about the next Euros and 2018.

Yep. The old guard of Gerrard etc. weren't good enough in their prime but they're doing a nurturing job and like you say 2016 onwards should be even better.

If this squad is being thrown together for 2016/2018 in mind then Gerrard shouldn't be in the squad.

Why do they keep talking about hot and humid? It's in the 80s and 70 some odd percent humidity. :lol:

Er...

Not that bad, frankly.

Might want to see the normal conditions in England, particularly during the football season. :lol:

Positives for me.

If this squad is being thrown together for 2016/2018 in mind then Gerrard shouldn't be in the squad.

You would run the risk of ruining the young uns without an experienced nucleus guiding them. It's why Lampard is there. And it's why Ashley Cole should've been there.

Positives for me.

You would run the risk of ruining the young uns without an experienced nucleus guiding them. It's why Lampard is there. And it's why Ashley Cole should've been there.

Exactly any arsing about by the young lads and Cole would have shot them.