2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They were rank rotten but had to happen eventually. Worried Russia - S.Korea might stink the place out too.

Think it might be a good game. Korea always do quite well (relatively) in the WC tournament. Plus they are my 4th seed. Germany, Holland & Spain have all won so far, want a clean sweep first round.

I hated every minute of our game plan despite the goals. It was so Pardew-esque it pissed me off. As soon as we scored we sat back and played deep which wasn't our game at all. I'm a bit upset about Jozy's injury, even though I prefer Johannsson up top. We fought though, we executed, didn't lose and when we needed a goal to win - we did it. Hopefully we play a more passing and effective game on Sunday versus a Portugal side who probably be coming out the gates rabid.

Must've been the only one to enjoy Ghana-USA. 2nd half was quality, Ghana knocking on the door constantly, albeit with a total lack of any sort of intelligence whatsoever. Pure greed took over, some astronomically thick/selfish shots. But generally they were very energetic and USA were lucky to win. But win they did, thought the likes of Johnson and Cameron impressed.

However... Robbie Savage being able to express any sort of opinion on football, let alone co-commentate at the World Cup. :anguish:

They were rank rotten but had to happen eventually. Worried Russia - S.Korea might stink the place out too.

Think it might be a good game. Korea always do quite well (relatively) in the WC tournament. Plus they are my 4th seed. Germany, Holland & Spain have all won so far, want a clean sweep first round.

Sheeeeeeet, I knew it was all a dream! So, how long until the World Cup starts?

There will always be one game which immortalises Muntari, and that's when for Inter he came on, within a couple of minutes got booked for a foul, then got a 2nd yellow card immediately after handling it when the ball hit him from the resulting free kick. :lol: Fucking numpty.

Kind of rooting for the Koreans in this world cup.  No real reason, just seem to remember they play decent football and I made a bunch of money ages ago betting on Korean football.

They're going to get annihilated.

Kind of rooting for the Koreans in this world cup.  No real reason, just seem to remember they play decent football and I made a bunch of money ages ago betting on Korean football.

They're going to get annihilated.

I thought that comes after the world cup when lil kim lets loose.

Must've been the only one to enjoy Ghana-USA. 2nd half was quality, Ghana knocking on the door constantly, albeit with a total lack of any sort of intelligence whatsoever. Pure greed took over, some astronomically thick/selfish shots. But generally they were very energetic and USA were lucky to win. But win they did, thought the likes of Johnson and Cameron impressed.

However... Robbie Savage being able to express any sort of opinion on football, let alone co-commentate at the World Cup. :anguish:

:thup: I found it to be an enjoyable game.

Poor defending or not there were 2 really good goals scored too, the Ghana one in particular is a contender for goal of the tournament so far. I thought the game was OK on the whole, Ghana are incredible frustrating to watch though, when it clicks they look brilliant.

I think the U.S. came out determined to deny Ghana the opportunity to counterattack. Content with sitting back, absorbing pressure, and letting Ghana hit 30-yard shots. Which is completely different to how the U.S. has played throughout Klinsmann's tenure, but I think they were banking on Ghana not being able to break down a compact defense. And it paid off this time. They'll have to be more proactive if they want to take any points from Portugal.