2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Messi is the first ever player to be man of the match in all three group stage matches.  Forever breaking records.

:lol: Record. :yao: FIFA has given it to Neymar in the first game, Dzeko today, Messi against Iran, Messi against Bosnia and plenty other, even RvP got it ahead of Robben against Spain. Budweiser Man of the Match is only for the stars and not for the real man of the match.

France were s*** without their two playmakers Cabaye and Valbuena, wasn't that surprised though Sissoko, Pogba and Matuidi were never going to create much.

Expect them to be much better when some of the rested players come back for the KOs, also expect Giroud to come back in as Griezmann was utterly crap.

If only our HBA was fit and playing all season, I still maintain HBA - Benzema - Valbuena would be insane.

Would he be picked for France had he been playing for us all season?

I gotta think so man - no? Or is Griez, Cabella and Grenier "higher" rated? Don't know. Just got to think the HBA from the beginning of the season + playing all season/in form is def capable of starting if Ribery is hurt. Also think France may be better right now with Ribery out? He seems a one man ball-hog at times.

The World Cup is class.

Was at Nigeria v Argentina today, was great to see Messi. Shame Shola didn't get on.

The Argentinian support was immense.

Except the ones beating and robbing Brazilians and Nigerians for tickets to the game. It's a shame, a man was walking with his wife and kids when argentinians fans came up to him and took tickets away from him. These are no human being, if I didn't know Argentinians or Uruguayans or Brazilians I would think all of them/us are scum of the earth. Shameful acts. Like the Brazilians who came up to an argentine supporter and his brazilian wife and ripped the Argentina flag off his hand breaking two of his fingers... People are idiots.

I'll be very surprised if it's not a Brazil-Argentina final. FIFA wants it too much for it not to happen.

FIFA decides who plays in the final? FIFA's fault England, Italy and Spain completely failed to perform as well?

I'll be very surprised if it's not a Brazil-Argentina final. FIFA wants it too much for it not to happen.

FIFA decides who plays in the final? FIFA's fault England, Italy and Spain completely failed to perform as well?

Obviously Brazil and Argentina will have to earn the right to be there and they'll fall out if they fail to perform. I don't doubt that they'll rise to the challenge. But there are a lot of little things that can be tinkered with.

Would he be picked for France had he been playing for us all season?

I gotta think so man - no? Or is Griez, Cabella and Grenier "higher" rated? Don't know. Just got to think the HBA from the beginning of the season + playing all season/in form is def capable of starting if Ribery is hurt. Also think France may be better right now with Ribery out? He seems a one man ball-hog at times.

Think that was more of a fault of the rest of the team than it was of Ribery a lot of the time to be fair. Quite similar to the Ben Arfa situation here where they'd just look to give him the ball and expect him to create goals out of nothing.

Now it looks like they play like a  proper team, they don't really have a 'star' player anymore so everyone has just stepped their game up and started taking a lot more responsibility. They look a lot more dangerous now they have multiple options and a lot more movement going forward.

Even the Uruguyan president makes an arse of himself to defend rabiesman:

MONTEVIDEO Uruguay (Reuters) - Uruguay's President Jose Mujica weighed into the global controversy over footballer Luis Suarez on Wednesday, saying it was unfair to judge him retrospectively for biting an Italian player when other incidents went unreviewed.

"We didn't choose him to be a philosopher, or a mechanic, or to have good manners - he's a great player," said Mujica, echoing the protective attitude towards the brilliant but volatile striker felt around his homeland.

"I didn't see him bite anyone. But they sure can bash each other with kicks and chops," he added to reporters.

Suarez, one of the world's best forwards whose team is in the last 16 at the World Cup, is awaiting global soccer body FIFA's judgment on Tuesday's incident when TV footage showed his mouth on the shoulder of Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini.

The Liverpool player has been punished twice in the past for biting, and also for racism. He earned notoriety at the last World Cup for a handball on the line against Ghana, denying the Africans a certain goal and spot in the semi-finals.

Many Uruguayans believe the global reaction against him, though, is over-the-top and hypocritical.

"In football, I was taught that you obey what the referee says," Mujica said.

"If we're going to take decisions in football based on what TV says, then there are loads of penalties and handballs you'd have to give that weren't given, so bad luck."

Uruguay captain Diego Lugano, at a news conference in the Brazilian city of Natal after a training session, was equally protective of Suarez and tackled one English journalist head on.

"It's clear that Uruguay's triumph doesn't make you happy, it's obvious on your face," said Lugano.

"I understand that the figure of Suarez sells because he's very charismatic ... I'm calm because I know that Luis will pick himself up and is going to have success in the World Cup. That's what people fear. They're right to fear that." 

:lol:

This is getting embarrassing on a national level. The scousers are already out in full force as well portraying him as a victim :lol: These people are blinded by the fantasy of "winning", and have forgotten the whole point of sport. I'm really looking forward to sitting back, watching, and laughing my ass off at both Uruguay and Liverpool.

The World Cup is class.

Was at Nigeria v Argentina today, was great to see Messi. Shame Shola didn't get on.

The Argentinian support was immense.

Except the ones beating and robbing Brazilians and Nigerians for tickets to the game. It's a shame, a man was walking with his wife and kids when argentinians fans came up to him and took tickets away from him. These are no human being, if I didn't know Argentinians or Uruguayans or Brazilians I would think all of them/us are scum of the earth. Shameful acts. Like the Brazilians who came up to an argentine supporter and his brazilian wife and ripped the Argentina flag off his hand breaking two of his fingers... People are idiots.

Awful that.

Guest Roger Kint

I'd love for him to get banned for 2 years just to see RAWK's reaction

:sweetjesus:

Can FIFA only ban him from internationals or all comps?

Guest Roger Kint

Can FIFA only ban him from internationals or all comps?

I'd imagine FIFA can put pressure on the FA to make the ban domestic if they like.

Hope so. Few people on radio suggesting it wont happen though