2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

All South American's can't build stadia.

:lol:

Well before the World Cup only South Americans tried to cheat or it was much less common in England. But by going by the English national team and their pathetic diving attempts against Uruguay that ain't true now is it?

By Jove I think he's got it!

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/scamming-godfather-predicted-cameroon-0-croatia-4-and-cameroon-sending-off-alex-song-saw-red-der-spiegel/

Many observers of Alex Song’s preposterous red card for elbowing Mario Mandzukic during Cameroon’s 0-4 defeat to Croatia labeled it as the weirdest, and most unnecessary foul they’d ever seen.

And there may have been more to it that met the eye.

Convicted Singaporean Match-fixing ‘Godfather’, Wilson Raj Perumal, has told German paper Der Spiegel online that the game in question was fixed – and he’d called the outcome before kick-off.

According to Der Spiegel, a few hours before the game began, Perumal wrote in a Facebook message that Cameroon would lose the game 0-4, and that in the first half, one of their players would get sent off.

Alex Song was sent off for an elbow to Mandzukic in the 40th minute.

Perumal- who’s served several prison sentences for match-fixing, and has even written memoirs on his scamming days – told Der Spiegel that there are ‘seven ‘bad apples’ in the Cameroon team, who conspired to fix all three of Cameroon’s games.

Good lord...

Can we stop inviting Africa?

Do these unproven allegations regarding Cameroon represent the culture of an entire continent or something? Bit unfair to tarnish 55+ countries with same brush is it not?  ???

If this turns out to be true I'd like to see Cameroon given a long ban, even if it does affect innocent parties. It's incidents like these that fuel negative stereotypes on Africa like above, and as an African it's frustrating to say the least

Given the recent Ghana match-fixing scandal reported by Dispatches, the players going on strike over money, the Nigerian team missing training over money and now this Cameroon issue - you can understand where the stereotypes come from.

That's without even mentioning this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23412227

Or this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AS_Adema_149%E2%80%930_SO_l'Emyrne

Of course I can understand where the stereotypes come from- it still doesn't change the fact they're lazy assumptions which are unrepresentative of a developing continent. Essentially you're extrapolating the actions (some of which are unproven) of a few nations into the standard operating procedures of over a billion people and 55+ different countries, sorry I don't like that. Do you think all Africans are the same or something?

There's a long history of match-fixing in Italian football and nobody brands European football with the same brush.

2 South American federations where compromised with the same approach as Ghana during the run-up to WC2010 and Asian League football has its share of match-fixing problems.

"Last year Europol alleged that more than 380 professional matches in Europe and more than 300 matches played in Africa, Asia and central and South America were under suspicion as the scale of the activities of match fixing gangs from eastern Europe and Asia became clear."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/23/world-cup-corruption-allegations-fifa-ghana

It is certainly not an African specific problem.

Exactly! I could easily turn around and say that it's endemic in Europe (and therefore we shouldn't invite European countries to the WC by your logic), as allegations have been proven and acted upon (custodial sentences, relegation and long football bans have been handed out to the guilty parties) at the highest level. I don't, however, tar Europeans with the same brush- Italians are inherently different to British people, French people are different to Polish people and so on. This ill-informed popular belief that Africans are leading the way in corruption breathes pure arrogance in my opinion- sort your own house out first before commenting on the state of others.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-27939919

If you want to see stereotypes in motion, look how quickly people believe this story that would probably be the biggest scandal in the history of football. :lol: See how quick they believe it if you switch Cameroon and Croatia or replace Cameroon with England.

All South American's can't build stadia.

Well before the World Cup only South Americans tried to cheat or it was much less common in England. But by going by the English national team and their pathetic diving attempts against Uruguay that ain't true now is it?

To be fair I think former Colonies have a legacy of cheating because it was always seen as fair game to get one over their Imperial occupiers. Culturally it's ok to bend the rules to your favour because authority was imposed against the will of Natives.

Loving this casual racism  :lol:

So from the last few posts I've determined the following....

Africans- leaders of corruption in football therefore solely responsible for the moral ills of the game, players who won't play unless they're given enough money to buy their own African country

South Americans- Murdering, cheating vampires with a questionable construction industry

Europeans- Noble and virtuous, leading the world in sportsmanship and fair play

Asians- Unimportant and unrecognised in every aspect

:)

Africans- leaders of corruption in football therefore solely responsible for the moral ills of the game, players who won't play unless they're given enough money to buy their own African country

South Americans- Murdering, cheating vampires with a questionable construction industry

Exactly

But we are talking in the context of football so you've imparted these observations onto entire continents yourself.

Asians- Unimportant and unrecognised in every footballing aspect but have decent food

But we are talking in the context of football so you've imparted these observations onto entire continents yourself.

???

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to a few tongue-in-cheek posts. Check back over the posts and remove the log from your anus please  :aww:

Asians- Unimportant and unrecognised in every footballing aspect but have decent food

:lol: :lol:

That much is true.

???

It was a tongue-in-cheek reference to a few tongue-in-cheek posts. Check back over the posts and remove the log from your anus please :aww:

:'(

by the way, the level of 'gamesmanship' in the countries from mexico down is absolutely f***ing staggering when you see it all together at one time, even brazil were at it against chile