2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Supporting the US tonight  :) Love the energy and work-rate they possess, don't care if they're not the most fluid side in possession, they do enough to make it entertaining. I'm quietly enjoying the rise of footy out in the US and seeing all the pictures of (cheesy) American fans going nuts in big cities like Chicago and New York...the camaraderie between them is fantastic and to be honest they've shown more passion than England have for a while. So go...err...team USMNT  :yikes:

Can't believe how much I bum Algeria. Brilliant team: heart, workrate, great on the ball. Just lack that cutting edge to be a top side.

:thup: they benefit from having a strong backbone. M'Bohli, Belkalem/Halliche, Brahimi and Slimani down the middle. Feghouli is class too.

Guest firetotheworks

Algeria were great like, really enjoyed them but I also enjoyed the Germans. Yet another excellent match tbh. Can't wait for the matches tonight and on Friday. Imagine if the final is shit. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Also, are we all in agreement that (from '94 for me)

2014>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2006>>>>>>1998>2002>>>>>1994>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>2010.

Brazil v Argentina in the final would be amazing - the clash of two sub-plots.

In their first Maracana WC game since 1950, Brazil will be desperate to finally avenge Maracanazo. The pressure on them is enormous.

Then there's Messi, who everyone says has to win a WC to be considered the best of all time. He's dragging them there so far.

If they do meet, one of these has to give way. It'd be a huge and probably thrilling final. :fwap:

Guest firetotheworks

That's exactly the final that I want like, with Argentina winning. If that happens, it's literally the last 'but Messi hasn't...' thing left.

Guest firetotheworks

The things that's surprised me the most in the World Cup hasn't be the thrills and spills and all that but just the general level of football. It's been right across the board aside from maybe 4 or 5 teams, at a really high level of quality.

Found a Brazillian spot to watch the games on Friday.

Brazil vs Colombia. Hot mamis everywhere ...

:megusta:

You didn't miss Netherlands-Mexico did you?

Found a Brazillian spot to watch the games on Friday.

Brazil vs Colombia. Hot mamis everywhere ...

:megusta:

You didn't miss Netherlands-Mexico did you?

Yup, I'm afraid I did  :shifty:

Be funny to see what the locals do at the final if Brazil go out in the SF and the other finalist is Argieball.

turn up and go batshit mental for whoever isn't argieball i imagine

Dunno like, can't imagine they'd be overly enamoured cheering for a team that has just knocked out their own.

Probably just boo relentlessly or not turn up like their domestic games.

Germany v Algeria was class, was also a great atmosphere in Porto Alegre drinking with the German fans. Today is my final day down in Rio Grande do Sul, had a great time including 3 games and 14 goals! Off to Rio tomorrow.

You're living the dream from the sound of it, Greg.

It has been the trip of a lifetime so far, great to mix the World Cup with getting out into the countryside in Brasil and mixing with locals. Was even interviewed and on the Brazilian TV the other day.

All the games have been class as well, massive drinking session party really. It's class being able to have a beer in your seat watching the match, I've only had one mishap on that front, poured a load of beer down the back of a Brazilian lass when Nigeria made it 1-1 in like the 4th minute v Argentina!

Guest firetotheworks

Hahaha. Brilliant. Ah man, in Brazil, in the summer, amongst the locals, drinking in the stadiums at probably the best World Cup in our life time. Memories to cherish there like.