2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There went my hope of a Costa Rica - Algerie semi final. What a clash of two titans that'd have been.

That hope must've died before today or you've missed that they're playing on different sides of the bracket.

Great stuff from Algeria! Played some fantastic stuff, beautiful interchanging at times just lacked final ball. Incredible how much even they look better than England, especially going forward. Gutted there's no more African representatives, the continent's in the best shape it's been football-wise for a while now. Expected more from Ivory Coast, let alone Ghana and Cameroon.

Got a feeling the Germans might go on and win the tournament now for some reason

Great stuff from Algeria! Played some fantastic stuff, beautiful interchanging at times just lacked final ball. Incredible how much even they look better than England, especially going forward. Gutted there's no more African representatives, the continent's in the best shape it's been football-wise for a while now. Expected more from Ivory Coast, let alone Ghana and Cameroon.

Got a feeling the Germans might go on and win the tournament now for some reason

The Germans haven't impressed and neither have Argentina or Brazil, but I still see these 3 teams as the strongest. In other words, France v Colombia in one semi-final and Holland v Belgium in the other...

There went my hope of a Costa Rica - Algerie semi final. What a clash of two titans that'd have been.

That hope must've died before today or you've missed that they're playing on different sides of the bracket.

http://i.imgur.com/5C4EoDf.gif

The Germans haven't impressed and neither have Argentina or Brazil, but I still see these 3 teams as the strongest. In other words, France v Colombia in one semi-final and Holland v Belgium in the other...

Agreed, Germans don't look pretty at all but always seem to come up with the goods. They only need a few minutes in the game to win it, dat German ruthlessness. Would absolutely love Colombia to win it, would round of an incredibly memorable World Cup (even though my adopted nation are shite)  :)

http://i.imgur.com/5C4EoDf.gif

Tyra :megusta:

Plenty of history in a German-French clash after the Algeria game. Have they played in a World Cup since Schumacher vs Battiston? Assume they probably have like.

1986... Another tight affair...

Is it just me or do France and Germany not play each other very often for two teams that are regularly in the later stages of competitions?

I think it's quite normal. I think Brazil and Germany have only played once against each other in the World Cup and it was a final. The most common matchup in World Cup is Brazil v Sweden which has happened 7 times.

I was just trying to make a funny, killjoy coming in here with all your non-joke facts. :huff:

Could see USA doing it tonight. Belgium remind me of England in recent tournaments so far.

i think the US will beat them too...said before thje tournament belgium could do great things if they had a top class manager (england similar) but as it is they seem to be looking to scrape through every single game