Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

Decent enough performance and result. Thought Mapou was foolish for the penalty touch someone like Suarez in that situation and he'll always go down, some players would have stayed on their feet and given the ref a chance to not make a decision, but once he's hit the deck there's no real option for the ref. Would have liked to have seen Cisse for Ben Arfa and earlier in the half once he'd slowed to a jog rather than after ten minuted of it. As much as I wish it wasn't the case I have no sense of anticipation when Sammy gets the ball, whereas I think Papiss might have got something today. Other than that and the fact that we gave them way way too much space for most of the second half - I guess tiredness might have played a part in that - I have no real complaints, we had a chance of three points despite being down to ten men right up until the whistle, not bad.

Guest firetotheworks

I must have been watching a different match to some people. I don't remember Liverpool being shit or there for the taking at any point.

I must have been watching a different match to some people. I don't remember Liverpool being s*** or there for the taking at any point.

Of course they were for the taking.... we had the lead twice.

With that said a draw was a fair result in the end, if only we would defend like that most weeks and we'd be alright.

Nice to see Debuchy and Santon not out of position constantly for once.

What a rollercoaster of a match. Was buzzing at 1-0. If I wasn't such a man I would have cried when MYM fucked up. Cloud nine when Dummet scored quickly followed by anxiety. "Oh well" when Liverpool equalised again. "Fair enough" at full time.

On the whole though I think we should and would have won if MYM hadn't spoilt everything. Would definitely had taken 2-2 before the match started, like many on here, but that shouldn't be a reason for not being slightly dissapointed with the result. I was still proud of what the remaining players showed in the second half.

What a game, so refreshing to see us challenge against decent teams for a change. O thought Debuchy was pretty solid throughout as well. Tiote was combative in a good kind of way as well, not the usual stupid niggly fouls, he actually put his foot in where necessary.

Guest firetotheworks

That channel won't last long imo. I don't know anyone that has it and having worked for BT, I'd guess that it's totally shit. The price and the fact that Michael Owen is involved all just points towards that being the case.

I must have been watching a different match to some people. I don't remember Liverpool being s*** or there for the taking at any point.

Of course they were for the taking.... we had the lead twice.

With that said a draw was a fair result in the end, if only we would defend like that most weeks and we'd be alright.

Nice to see Debuchy and Santon not out of position constantly for once.

I'm seriously thinking the organizing influence of Big Mike has made a hell of a difference. I also think AP has probably instructed the backs to not venture as far forward, it was very clear Debuchy wasn't bombing on as much, only at more of the right times.

I must have been watching a different match to some people. I don't remember Liverpool being shit or there for the taking at any point.

They were shocking in the first half and it took them until Dummett's goal to wake up IMO. We were in control before the red card, and looking reasonably comfortable I thought.

We were far the better side with 11 men imo.

We were, but if Mapou doesn't take down Suarez and he scores - I'm wondering if we would have fought back or would have layed down. The sending off almost felt like the players thought they were wronged by the ref so they were fighting together.

But totally hear what you are saying Bimp mate.

Pleased with a point and with the attitude of the players. Don't think we were anything special going forward, though. Liverpool looked poor for large parts of the first half but our attacking play was too rushed in the final third + the amount of players going forward wasn't enough to capitalise on our possession.

Guest bimpy474

We were far the better side with 11 men imo.

We were, but if Mapou doesn't take down Suarez and he scores - I'm wondering if we would have fought back or would have layed down. The sending off almost felt like the players thought they were wronged by the ref so they were fighting together.

But totally hear what you are saying Bimp mate.

Aye it would have been 1-1 and a different game, but i cant fault today. Good play and movement with 11, good defending (which we've seen be terrible at times) with 10.

I actually enjoyed that draw a lot, two very good sides to our game.

A good performance, well-deserved point. Marriner making the case for diving; hand on shoulder in the box, Suarez hurls himself to the ground and gets a penalty plus the sending-off. Hand on shoulder in the box, Remy stays upright, fuck all given. I think both were penalties.

Guest firetotheworks

They were shocking in the first half and it took them until Dummett's goal to wake up IMO. We were in control before the red card, and looking reasonably comfortable I thought.

I agree that we were in control and that we looked comfortable. I just thought that was us playing well tbh. I thought Liverpool looked threatening throughout, but that we were defending equally as well for the most part. It's not often that I think that.

Guest bimpy474

A good performance, well-deserved point. Marriner making the case for diving; hand on shoulder in the box, Suarez hurls himself to the ground and gets a penalty plus the sending-off. Hand on shoulder in the box, Remy stays upright, fuck all given. I think both were penalties.

Theirs was a pen and ours certainly wasn't. Opinions game i suppose.

Yeah our system was simply working better than theirs first half. Once we were down to 10 it allowed them to keep the ball and cause more problems.

inevitable when a side is built around possession and possession only and we had to sacrifice a midfielder which cost us our major advantage in the game

That channel won't last long imo. I don't know anyone that has it and having worked for BT, I'd guess that it's totally shit. The price and the fact that Michael Owen is involved all just points towards that being the case.

Is there not an established channel in the UK that could produce Premier League games? Seems like BT came out of nowhere for such a big competition to have.