sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

I wonder what the attendance will be on Wednesday? Apathy has set in, folk are angry and we all expect to get beat.

Wait....what?

Some are angry, some can't be arsed anymore. I am in the first camp but the latter is only a matter of time.

I have went though periods of wanting to chuck following football all together but have never followed it through. Some people (and fair play to them) would turn up week in week out to watch the grass grow, i really could not do that...

I just don't understand why we wouldn't compete with Sunderland today. They showed against Liverpool that they are capable of doing it. I knew after the first 15 minutes that we would lose. I strongly believe all the team had to do to today was to match the commitment Sunderland would show, and sadly they failed, whilted under the pressure or didn't think they had to. Either way it's not good.

For all the shit Pardew is responsible for, I think the players should take most of the blame today.

What I'd give to have a leader, a captain in our side.

As if it would make a blind bit of difference when the one in charge of it all is a clueless, gutless coward.

Doesn't seem like there's anyone willing to seriously confront Pardew though. Players have no one to look to for guidance or leadership outside the manager, which is a problem.

Pardew is a chancer, and putting it kindly extremely limited tactically. His "coaching" is a dying breed in football these days for good reason. Watch him fade into obscurity when he loses this job

He'd already faded into obscurity before he got it.

Guest icemanblue

Embarrassingly shite from front to back. First half was abysmal. Once again in this fixture the team of "internationals" are beaten by the one who wanted it more.

Aye, shite. Ultimately won on the back of a lucky break. But, we never looked as if we truly wanted it. Massively, massively disappointing in a game like this.

They played a bog standard 4-4-2 and worked hard.

That was it. That's all they had to do to beat us.

And Pardew had no answers. Well, not to the questions that were being asked anyway.

Spot on, and so deeply depressing.

And Pardew had no answers. Well, not to the questions that were being asked anyway.

This.

What makes it even worse is they looked dead on there feet after 70 mins or so

This.

It's been a trait of the mackems' season that once they concede, they collapse. Unfortunately that tends to require the other team to attempt to put a foot on their throat, whereas when we scored, we helped them up, apologised and promised not to do it again.

This.

It's been a trait of the mackems' season that once they concede, they collapse. Unfortunately that tends to require the other team to attempt to put a foot on their throat, whereas when we scored, we helped them up, apologised and promised not to do it again.

Hope he's gone by February then because 3 in a row is unthinkable

They did look knackered for the last half an hour or so, they'd stopped pressing and chasing the ball down like they had done in the first half. Instead of using the extra time we had on the ball Pardew decided it would be a good idea just to play hoof ball, just about sums him up.

This.

Spot on. Didn't think we even really deserved the equaliser tbh but once it went in they were the very definition of a team there for the taking, they had completely shot their bolt.

Unfortunately we seemed to think a point would actually be quite nice and made no discernible effort to go on and finish the job. We willingly removed the bloke who has 50% of our premier league goals from the pitch with 20 minutes to go ffs.

This.

Spot on. Didn't think we even really deserved the equaliser tbh but once it went in they were the very definition of a team there for the taking, they had completely shot their bolt.

Unfortunately we seemed to think a point would actually be quite nice and made no discernible effort to go on and finish the job. We willingly removed the bloke who has 50% of our premier league goals from the pitch with 20 minutes to go ffs.

Not only removed him but replaced him with Shola who hasn't played since August. :lol:

This.

I know he was having a crap game but I couldn't believe it when we subbed Remy.

This.

Not only removed him but replaced him with Shola who hasn't played since August. :lol:

Everyone in the pub was cheering like mad when Remy was subbed for Shola, people are mental  :lol:

This.

Everyone in the pub was cheering like mad when Remy was subbed for Shola, people are mental  :lol:

Were you in the same pub as me? :lol:

I wouldn't have taken him off but Remy was shite tbf. As was everyone mind.

He was, and in a month he'll be on the fans' shitlist with Cisse, Sissoko et al. He's a very good player but not good enough to avoid being Pardewed given long enough - I'm not sure anybody is.

I wouldn't have taken him off but Remy was s**** tbf. As was everyone mind.

He was, and in a month he'll be on the fans' shitlist with Cisse, Sissoko et al. He's a very good player but not good enough to avoid being Pardewed given long enough - I'm not sure anybody is.

Pardew really is cancer

I wouldn't have taken him off but Remy was s**** tbf. As was everyone mind.

Really worried he's gonna go the same way tbf. He was atrocious today, but it's a deep rooted management problem, he's clearly a very good player

He is but he doesn't give a shit and tbf why would he?

Anyone that thinks 'HARHARHAR SHOLA CAN WIN WA DARBIES HARHARHAR" needs chucking out the pub tbf.  Sick of the amount of times I heard that today - despite shouting :he's fucking shite you arseholes"

Dunno where to go other than say we only threatened from Cabaye's through-balls.  Club's banning of the local press is pathetic.  At least we've managed to draw attention away from the gaffa and the XI he put out,