NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ITV news has just put the moment up that it happened.

Looks to me like Pardew is going to say he can't answer rather than answer it before being stopped.

http://t.co/VXO6yAe3Ub

He looks uncomfortable as f*** there. Obviously he knows there will be a backlash from the fans, having just lost the derby in that manner. Now with the local media + Caulkin going knives out on him, the scrutiny over his every lie and every nuance of his every excuse will hopefully make his position untenable. 

From Douglas - 'They believe the coverage of the march against the owner is disproportionate and described it as “staggering”. Yet the only thing that seems staggering here is that the club mistake a lack of attendance as complicit support for an owner who has held them in contemptuous disregard almost from the moment he wrestled control from Sir John Hall.'

This is the nub of the dispute. Rightly or wrongly, the papers had been publicising the march as a litmus test of the level of discontent against Ashley. It is then poorly attended (400 is the figure I've seen), but it is still subsequently reported as though it was a mass protest. Now everyone knows that doesn't mean that only 400 people are unhappy with Ashley, but the event has still been blatantly misreported.

I would hope that the two sides can get together and re-forge a working relationship, because if this escalates it will do nobody any good. The press were naughty, Ashley was wrong in his over-reaction. No-one's completely in the right here, and they should be able to work a compromise.

From Douglas - 'They believe the coverage of the march against the owner is disproportionate and described it as “staggering”. Yet the only thing that seems staggering here is that the club mistake a lack of attendance as complicit support for an owner who has held them in contemptuous disregard almost from the moment he wrestled control from Sir John Hall.'

This is the nub of the dispute. Rightly or wrongly, the papers had been publicising the march as a litmus test of the level of discontent against Ashley. It is then poorly attended (400 is the figure I've seen), but it is still subsequently reported as though it was a mass protest. Now everyone knows that doesn't mean that only 400 people are unhappy with Ashley, but the event has still been blatantly misreported.

I would hope that the two sides can get together and re-forge a working relationship, because if this escalates it will do nobody any good. The press were naughty, Ashley was wrong in his over-reaction. No-one's completely in the right here, and they should be able to work a compromise.

Why do we want it fixed so soon though, the pressure it could put on the cunts at the club may work in our favour, no toeing the line to appease the club and open season on Pardew hopefully

its the timing of the release of the news of the ban I find interesting, they got it exactly right leaving it until the press conference to maximize publicity for themselves which also begs the question why the ban wasn't just reported by NUFC on the website when it happened, they've certainly put that kind of news up there before (Mail iirc)

We all need to get in on this, we'll never have a better opportunity to put the club under pressure than we now have. If a march is organised I'd do everything possible to attend and would encourage others to do the same.

We all need to get in on this, we'll never have a better opportunity to put the club under pressure than we now have. If a march is organised I'd do everything possible to attend and would encourage others to do the same.

Yep, I'd be in attendance. The line's been crossed for me.

I would attend also, I think the biggest issue is getting the majority of our support out in protest or even a good 5-10k of them, doesn't need anywhere near the 50k mark but needs to be substantial to make any difference.

10k would make them think, that's over £250k per game, although with most having season tickets you would be looking to attack league cup games (No more this season after tomorrow) or targeting next season. A massive non-renewal of season tickets in feb would make them shit themselves.

I think the game on Sunday and ban of press have just pushed people over the edge now, just totally had enough and have seen the soul ripped out from this club by Ashley, Pardew and Kinnear. They say we are against cockneys which is total bollocks, we are against total cunts taking the piss.

I would attend also, I think the biggest issue is getting the majority of our support out in protest or even a good 5-10k of them, doesn't need anywhere near the 50k mark but needs to be substantial to make any difference.

10k would make them think, that's over £250k per game, although with most having season tickets you would be looking to attack league cup games (No more this season after tomorrow) or targeting next season. A massive non-renewal of season tickets in feb would make them s*** themselves.

I would be more than happy to turn up for a game and not go in.

You would only get pockets of support sacrificing tickets that are already paid for.

Televised game like this weekend would be perfect for everyone to leave their seats at half time though.  Everyone cram in under the stands.  non-violent, civil disobedience.

Have the teams run out to empty stands for the second half.

I sincerely hope people grasp to this slim opportunity that he's losing control bit by bit and stop goingt to games, buying club merchandise and shopping at SD.

They can start supporting highly successful German clubs as well, I've heard that helps you get over the troubles at SJP.

10k would make them think, that's over £250k per game, although with most having season tickets you would be looking to attack league cup games (No more this season after tomorrow) or targeting next season. A massive non-renewal of season tickets in feb would make them s*** themselves.

That would probably be best thing. People have to get over the "but don't want to hurt the team" thing because otherwise nothing will happen. There needs to be mass disruption and although it may damage our season / next few seasons, we already look terrible and could flirt with relegation again this season. We need massive changes and getting back to our roots. I am sick of the excuses we can't compete because of finances etc. We have one of biggest attendances in the country, a great catchment area for talent, potentially massive commercial revenue etc and i'm sorry but should be ahead of Swansea and Southampton considering the time we have been in this league in total since our first promotion.

It is taking us for total mugs stating the lack of money excuses. Does that excuse why our young players don't progress, why our internationals look awful, why the balance of the team and squad is shocking, why we won't show any kind of ambition on the pitch, why we haven't looked to build a style of football and identity. We just muddle along and play some of the worst football in the league yet have the potential to be better than most of them.

You would only get pockets of support sacrificing tickets that are already paid for.

Televised game like this weekend would be perfect for everyone to leave their seats at half time though.  Everyone cram in under the stands.  non-violent, civil disobedience.

Have the teams run out to empty stands for the second half.

even for 10 mins before the game and 10 mins at half time that would be fantastic for a televised game, the coverage would be immense.

Why do we want it fixed so soon though, the pressure it could put on the cunts at the club may work in our favour, no toeing the line to appease the club and open season on Pardew hopefully

Well, and then what? The end results of the last major protest against Ashley, following Keegan's departure, weren't exactly great.

I'd support and attend any protest simply because they get under Ashley's skin. Getting him to fuck off would be nice, but it's not likely to happen any time soon.

Plus there's not really much he can do out of spite that wont have an impact on him too. He's already renamed the ground, plastered it in Sports Direct signage, reappointed Joe Kinnear and failed to invest in the team when it really matters. What other stunts can he pull?

Reported as though it was a mass protest? Really? I'd be interested to read the stories if you have any links.

This is the quote I've seen -

"Newcastle United fans take to the streets to protest about club's 'lack of ambition'

Angry Newcastle United  fans took to the streets this morning to protest about the club's lack of ambition

Hundreds of  Newcastle United fans took to the streets this morning to protest about the club's lack of ambition ahead of the Newcastle United v Liverpool match .

The march organised by Time 4 Change supporters' group was designed to reflect Newcastle United supporters' anger at the club regime."

Now considering the papers had built this up as a test of fans' opinion, and only 400 turned up, I don't think it's fair reporting. Others may

differ.

Nobody expects the papers to report that the whole thing was a bit of a non-event. That's not a great story. The press will always egg things up and the club should either just take it philosophically or make their protest without resorting to an outright ban.

But this pompous stuff from Douglas leaves me cold. When you get down to it and focus on the issue at the core of the dispute, they have not behaved well themselves.

That would probably be best thing. People have to get over the "but don't want to hurt the team" thing because otherwise nothing will happen.

Yep. Anyway, having a manager who can't teach this team how to score from a fucking corner is much more damaging than a protest.