NUFC media bans - Telegraph now banned from club

Anderson
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reported as though it was a mass protest? Really? I'd be interested to read the stories if you have any links.

This is the quote I've seen -

"Newcastle United fans take to the streets to protest about club's 'lack of ambition'

Angry Newcastle United  fans took to the streets this morning to protest about the club's lack of ambition

Hundreds of  Newcastle United fans took to the streets this morning to protest about the club's lack of ambition ahead of the Newcastle United v Liverpool match .

The march organised by Time 4 Change supporters' group was designed to reflect Newcastle United supporters' anger at the club regime."

Now considering the papers had built this up as a test of fans' opinion, and only 400 turned up, I don't think it's fair reporting. Others may

differ.

Nobody expects the papers to report that the whole thing was a bit of a non-event. That's not a great story. The press will always egg things up and the club should either just take it philosophically or make their protest without resorting to an outright ban.

But this pompous stuff from Douglas leaves me cold. When you get down to it and focus on the issue at the core of the dispute, they have not behaved well themselves.

I don't have any idea what your problem is. I've went through that line by line and there is nothing that anyone could genuinely take issue with. It's a fair report, it's a balanced report and in the context of how much content NCJ Media produce about NUFC it's hardly OTT.

We all need to get in on this, we'll never have a better opportunity to put the club under pressure than we now have. If a march is organised I'd do everything possible to attend and would encourage others to do the same.

I would attend also, I think the biggest issue is getting the majority of our support out in protest or even a good 5-10k of them, doesn't need anywhere near the 50k mark but needs to be substantial to make any difference.

10k would make them think, that's over £250k per game, although with most having season tickets you would be looking to attack league cup games (No more this season after tomorrow) or targeting next season. A massive non-renewal of season tickets in feb would make them s*** themselves.

I would be more than happy to turn up for a game and not go in.

That would probably be best thing. People have to get over the "but don't want to hurt the team" thing because otherwise nothing will happen.

Yep. Anyway, having a manager who can't teach this team how to score from a f***ing corner is much more damaging than a protest.

We just don't look effective at attacking whatsoever never mind just corners, free kicks, crossing into box accurately and having someone there, knocking down headers, running at teams and trying to get behind. We play most our football about 50 yards from goal

Guest neesy111

Miles Starforth

Pardew on NCJ ban: 'We have drafted them a letter which we think is correct, and that is it, really. They have to respond to that.' #nufc

We all need to get in on this, we'll never have a better opportunity to put the club under pressure than we now have. If a march is organised I'd do everything possible to attend and would encourage others to do the same.

I would attend also, I think the biggest issue is getting the majority of our support out in protest or even a good 5-10k of them, doesn't need anywhere near the 50k mark but needs to be substantial to make any difference.

10k would make them think, that's over £250k per game, although with most having season tickets you would be looking to attack league cup games (No more this season after tomorrow) or targeting next season. A massive non-renewal of season tickets in feb would make them s*** themselves.

That would probably be best thing. People have to get over the "but don't want to hurt the team" thing because otherwise nothing will happen.

Yep. Anyway, having a manager who can't teach this team how to score from a f***ing corner is much more damaging than a protest.

We just don't look effective at attacking whatsoever never mind just corners, free kicks, crossing into box accurately and having someone there, knocking down headers, running at teams and trying to get behind. We play most our football about 50 yards from goal

Remarkable that we have a better goal scoring record than everyone except the Manchester, Liverpool and the 2 big London clubs.

Remarkable that we have a better goal scoring record than everyone except the Manchester, Liverpool and the 2 big London clubs.

Yes it is really, yet it's been more fluke and a bit individual good play (See Remy or Cabaye) than total team effort, good build up or anything remotely nearing a coordinated approach to football.

Miles Starforth

Pardew on NCJ ban: 'We have drafted them a letter which we think is correct, and that is it, really. They have to respond to that.' #nufc

Brian Aitken ‏@brianjnled 5m

Pardew wrong @lee_ryder. Ban letter says "we do not require a reply to this letter, our position on this issue is not up for negotiation."

Yes it is really, yet it's been more fluke and a bit individual good play (See Remy or Cabaye) than total team effort, good build up or anything remotely nearing a coordinated approach to football.

We've scored more goals from outside the box than anyone else in the league, which was highlighted on telly as something to be proud of. It highlighs the facts that a) we have little or no presence in the box, b)e have no clue how to get the ball to our lone striker, c) we're a purely speculative side, d) thank fuck we have a couple of players who can strike the ball well from distance because had we not we'd up shit creek!

We've scored more goals from outside the box than anyone else in the league, which was highlighted on telly as something to be proud of. It highlighs the facts that a) we have little or no presence in the box, b)e have no clue how to get the ball to our lone striker, c) we're a purely speculative side, d) thank f*** we have a couple of players who can strike the ball well from distance because had we not we'd up s*** creek!

Agree, we leave so much to chance and play the percentages, that's it really

obviously he had nothing to do with it and wasn't even consulted on it just told this is how it is without it even been explained to him in full. Christ regardless of peoples opinion of Pardew is ludicrous how much he's been kept out of the loop on anything this is not the way to run a football club.

I can't imagine Pardew even read the letter.  The hierarchy do loads of shit without consulting him.

Heck, Llambias didn't even have a clue Kinnear was coming in until he was on Talksport.

looking at the video of the press conference it doesn't even look like he was told about the ban was beginning to answer the question before he was cut off.

obviously he had nothing to do with it and wasn't even consulted on it just told this is how it is without it even been explained to him in full. Christ regardless of peoples opinion of Pardew is ludicrous how much he's been kept out of the loop on anything this is not the way to run a football club.

:lol: Awful.

He's always quick to agree with whatever he's told to so why have sympathy?

What should he do?

What should he do?

Join an internet forum and troll people. Obviously.

Miles Starforth

Brian Aitken ‏@brianjnled 5m

Pardew wrong @lee_ryder. Ban letter says "we do not require a reply to this letter, our position on this issue is not up for negotiation."

Getting your facts wrong in a press conference and making Uncle Mike look silly? That's a paddlin'

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/hFgR0m-9FmM/hqdefault.jpg

What should he do?

So basically you haven't got an answer to what he should do, probably other than the same old 'he should just resign'. It's his boss, local press have been banned and Pardew can't do a single thing about it, totally out of his hands.

Pardew's hardly the innocent party in all of this. He got the job in very shady circumstances and he knows he's onto a good thing. He'll do what he needs to to make sure he's gainfully employed for the next 7 years.

This is the best job he'll ever had. If he won't walk when Joe Kinnear is dumped on him then there's no chance he'd rock the boat over small matters of principle. Spineless.

What should he do?

So basically you haven't got an answer to what he should do, probably other than the same old 'he should just resign'. It's his boss, local press have been banned and Pardew can't do a single thing about it, totally out of his hands.

:sleepy2: