Crap players who have had a stormer

bowlingcrofty

Reasonably sure Neil was doing the Sewelly-based gag, Deuce - not saying Defoe was actually crap.

Well in that case, shame on me.

That performance against West Ham was definitely a stormer from a generally unsung player. But Leon Best is clearly not crap.

Danny Mills, Andy Reid, Malcolm Christie, Seth Johnson, Francis Jeffers, Emile Heskey, Danny Higginbotham, Collins John, David Nugent, Dean Bowditch. Anthony Gardner, Michael Ricketts.

All at some points in their careers.

Aye, Graham Fenton. Nice lad by all accounts but it hasn't stopped me from wishing spontaneous combustion on him every night since.  :rant:

Remember that vividly, one of the few football moments I do. Southgate's miss in Euro 96 as well.

Not quite sure I'll ever get over it. watched it in the Tap and Spile in Shields....used to love it; never been back since.  :'(

Aye, Graham Fenton. Nice lad by all accounts but it hasn't stopped me from wishing spontaneous combustion on him every night since.  :rant:

Remember that vividly, one of the few football moments I do. Southgate's miss in Euro 96 as well.

Not quite sure I'll ever get over it. watched it in the Tap and Spile in Shields....used to love it; never been back since.  :'(

I remember exactly where I was and what I could see/hear when he scored the second goal, when I knew we wouldn't win the league. Haven't had many moments in life like that... I was only little (ish) I suppose.

Shola against Reading.  Those 3 goals made me realise everything was going to be alright.

Nile Ranger looked like a world beater against Leicester at home that season, without scoring.  Never looked half as much of a (non-sexual) threat since.

Great thread idea, will hopefully think of some better ones.

Was watching the 4-4 highlights a while back and Ranger looked a prospect that day too.