Celebration Stories

Yorkie

Guest alijmitchell

Tell you what, for a almost passing out screaming like a lunatic at home style celebration, nothing beats robert's goal to wrap up the win against arsenal. Listening to it on the radio somehow made me go more mental!

Guest alijmitchell

Also, Dabizas scoring the winner at sol. That was a dangerous celebration as well. Will never forget that day. The mag had printed monkey masks prior to the game iirc, still got it somewhere I think

Guest Geordiesned

I was absolutely hammered at the Leeds 4-3 game at Elland Road. When Nobby scored the winner I fell over the seat in front and was crushed. Ended up with a blood clot on my leg. Hobbled out the ground thinking we'd just got a brilliant point was that pissed!

Biggest celebrations I remember are the Tiote goal and the whole 90 mins of the 5-1.

Only other ones I remember that we'll are that England match at SJP, some massive baldy grabbing my dad and giving him a massive kiss when England scored the second (Fowler header I think?).

Also, think it was in union rooms, had a special offer on bottles of beer for the 2-1 loss at the dark place when Richardson scored the winner, when we scored I was absolutely drenched in beer that people had thrown into the air.

wimbledon 6-1, segers sent off, vinnie jones in goal.celebrating maybe a bit raucous and I think there was a loud appeal for a pen. think nothing of it, come monday morning I coughed up a gob full full of blood, went to the doctors, don't worry, come back if you cough up some fresh. Wednesday  morning cough up some fresh, back to the docs, expect another don't worry, instead an ambulance is called and I'm admitted to the freeman with a suspected blood clot on the lung. placed on hepron blood thinning agent for the night and given a scan that was one of the most interesting things I've ever watched on a screen. after discussions witht he consultant it was concluded that I'd probably shouted too loud and burst a blood vessel in my throat. watched the stoke city away league cup in my hospital bed, had some nurse scouring the hospital for a spare telly so I could watch it, thought it was so nice of her but in reality it was just so she could watch it aswell (season ticket in the east stand).

Last week in Sam Jacks was pretty mental when Debuchy equalized. My toffs shirt got ripped :(

I remember the 4-4 though - it was hilarious. I was in L7 and we genuinely were singing 'we're gonna win 5-4' when we were 4-0 down. The Ole's when we actually strung a few passes together in the 1st half. Arsenal were quiet as fuck as soon as we scored our 1st and I can just remember people genuinely believing we could do it.

So when the 4th went in I remember for about 3-4 minutes after people were still walking back into their seats :lol:

I must have ended up 4 rows down and 30 seats across ffs :lol:

On the 4-4 I remember nearly hitting the floor with sheer disbelief in a continental style celebration then turning to see the fastest lump of lard I have ever seen run topless right along Level 7 swinging his t-shirt. Was surreal. I thought I was crash bandicoot and he was a boulder.

:lol: Class

When Solano made it 4-3 against Leeds I ran through my parents' apartment really fast and couldn't stop when there was a sofa approaching, so I started sliding until the wooden floor let go and I had a massive splinter through my foot. Couldn't walk properly for weeks.

Pretty sure I almost had a heart attack after Bellamy vs Feyenoord. My mother wanted me to go to a doctor cause my whole body was pulsating in a really weird way for three hours afterwards. I was 14. When I finally calmed down she wanted me to see a psychologist.

Guest Slippery Sam

When Solano made it 4-3 against Leeds I ran through my parents' apartment really fast and couldn't stop when there was a sofa approaching, so I started sliding until the wooden floor let go and I had a massive splinter through my foot. Couldn't walk properly for weeks.

Pretty sure I almost had a heart attack after Bellamy vs Feyenoord. My mother wanted me to go to a doctor cause my whole body was pulsating in a really weird way for three hours afterwards. I was 14. When I finally calmed down she wanted me to see a psychologist.

ha ha, love it. "See a psychologist, son; supporting NUFC will only due you harm"

When Shola nutted in the winner against Chelsea in the League Cup a few years back, me and this guy I called cracky, (dude looked like he was coked out of his head), were jumping around like mad. I turned to my mate and sort of jumped/fell forward with him. Next thing I know I've ended up two rows forward and cracky has suddenly appeared four rows back. Bizzare.

Someone managed to break the shiny, rather expensive-looking 3D/HD projector in Shark Club when Debuchy scored last week by throwing a pint at it.

I also ended up having nigh-on a full pint poured down the back of me in the celebrations by the same lad who threw his, having nicked his mate's.  He even tried to take mine and launch that but I stopped him.

He was frogmarched out by the polis a short while after.

Was just celebrating like we had just won the world cup and just felt something pop at the back of my eye with the strain. Thankfully ok now.

:laugh:

Anyone else damaged themselves/have standout memories of particular 'in the moment' celebrations? Sure I can remember reading someone on here flew about four rows at Wembley when Rob Lee scored against Chelsea. :lol:

Don't think I've ever damaged anything other than my vocal chords. Worst one was Lovenkrands against Boro to make it 3-1. The moment we stayed up (or so I thought); I nearly spontaneously combusted in that moment and could barely speak for a good 48 hours. Probably the loudest noise I've ever made myself!

Was in L7 for that and everybody was just going fully mental. Was doing some weird sort of agressive dance with a stranger who was probably in hs mid 50's. Can remember some Boro lass was sat not too far away in Colours and she just looked completely devastated.

Celebrating Viduka's disallowed goal against Fulham was one of the cruellest moments I've felt as a fan. Essentially.

Guest firetotheworks

Screamed full blast into a pillow when Bellamy scored against Feyenoord because my girlfriend and the time's dad had been on earlies or something and I had to be quiet.

The first time I ever listened to Newcastle on the radio as a kid I went hyper because at half time they were replaying the 3 goals that we'd scored in that half and I thought that Mick Lowes was commentating in real time :lol:

The complete opposite of celebration but I had a Rocky at the end of Rocky IV moment in the shower when we drew 2-2 with Stoke in the relegation season.

Watched both Arsenal and Feyenoord away at my mate's.

Feyenoord I got some lovely carpet burns from a half-arsed knee slide when Bellamy scored his second, and against Arsenal my mate knocked a rather expensive lamp off a table jumping around.  His ma was proper pissed off but in the euphoria of the moment his dad managed to diffuse the situation.

Away V Liverpool In the league cup around 95/96 IIRC.

Think Lesley Ferdinand had gone off injured and with him went all hope and we had to resort to putting Stevie Watson up front. Cue one of the most stupendous goals i can remember (can still picture his little drag back now and then a sublime chip floating in right in front of the away end) absolute bedlam i was sat in the violet seats with my dad and just lost all concept of location for a good few minutes when i looked round for my dad (i was only 11/12) couldnt see him anywhere and realised i was 5 rows further forward and in the green seats somehow?

Also honorable mentions: the spurs semi-final at Old Trafford. Remember the first being a penalty being convinced Shearer would miss (based on pure pessimism) when it went in pure relief/ecstasy and remember the top tier of the big stand i was in literally shaking and thinking "if it collapses least i will die happy"

Blackburn away in the league cup last year i think Yo Cabs free kick that took us to extra time. Know we lost in the end but that was some good celebrating for a few minutes there.

at Ipswich when we won 4-0 in the championship was absolutely brilliant. 3 goals in 5 minutes in the first half, everyone was going mental for absolutely ages, we were still celebrating the previous goals when we score again

Remember needing to go for a piss against Man United at home one time, think it was the 2-2 when David Edgar scored. Had just stepped out onto level 7 as we were attacking, and somehow we managed to score. Remember running up the stairs being grabbed by everyone going mental, hugging random people on the end of each row :lol:

Also pretty much every goal was celebrated in the Leazes Corner as if it was amazing, wasn't a single goal celebration where I wasn't getting ragged about. Fucking class each time.