BT Sport to get exclusive Champions League & Europa League TV rights from 2015

Mole_Toonfan

The local TV deals pay the local clubs as far as I'm aware so the top 4 who qualify will get richer every year.

They get richer every year regardless though, just a question of degrees.

Guest bimpy474

Great, BT will put their prices up and i bet Sky dont drop theirs. Us fucked in the pocket again.

One thing that remains free is your choice whether to pay or not. You wont miss it and if you want to see a game you'll make the effort.

True, my point really is if Sky are losing the Champions League their prices should drop, of course they wont. But you're quite right, it's a choice, you dont have pay if you dont want to.

Great, BT will put their prices up and i bet Sky dont drop theirs. Us fucked in the pocket again.

That's how I read it. I'm only going to pay to watch premier football, fuck the champions league. At least the money will go to our club rather than the CL clubs.

How I long for the days of the old UEFA Cup, Cup Winners Cup and Champions League. The Cup Winners Cup has gone, and the UEFA Cup devalued beyond recognition to borderline worthlessness.

The Champions League has been a disease on modern football IMO, and this deal will only deepen the already massive financial advantage afforded to the top 4.

If it's a game I want to see (i.e. a Newcastle one) I'll go to the pub. If there's something else of vague interest on, I'll put it on the laptop while I'm doing something else to keep track of what's going on.

Can't imagine actually shelling out for it, certainly not for the Champions League.