Newcastle United vs. Norwich City - Sat 23rd Nov @ 15:00 (not on TV)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't remember the last time we had back to back home games against opposition you would expect to beat( I realise WBA are a canny side, but at home you should be beating them) and got maximum points. Even in the championship we had QPR and Bristol City on the Wednesday and Saturday and only gained 2 points.

Norwich will be difficult as it is completely different to Chelsea and Spurs, the onus this time will be on us to attack. If we do that I'm confident we will win, but I wouldn't expect us too.

These two games will be an 'missed oppurtunity' like so many times before :lol:

These two games will be a very good indication of whether or not our form is genuinely starting to turn a corner or not as the case may be.  We really should be taking at least 4 points from these two games if that is the case.

Not getting my hopes up for this. Textbook Newcastle behaviour is to lose or draw this in dissapointing fashion.

As depressing as that post is,  i feel the same.  I see nothing other than a textbook Newcastle performance after 2 brilliant wins.

It's good we've had a break IMO, chance to prepare for a different challenge against Norwich. It won't be easy but I'll back us for a win.

I've got no confidence that Pardew sees it as a different challenge unfortunately.

Guest icemanblue

We'll start with the same eleven, except for a necessary reshuffle in defence, I reckon. Not what I'd go for, but difficult to argue with considering the last two results, and the manager's obvious belief in not changing a winning team. Unfortunately, I think this means that we'll labour for most of the game, before turning to Hatem to make the difference. I just hope that we're not behind by that point. With Remy on the pitch, there's always a chance that we might even be ahead.

Going to miss it, anyway, which is a shame. Think the mood could be quite buoyant.

We'll start with the same eleven, except for a necessary reshuffle in defence, I reckon. Not what I'd go for, but difficult to argue with considering the last two results, and the manager's obvious belief in not changing a winning team. Unfortunately, I think this means that we'll labour for most of the game, before turning to Hatem to make the difference. I just hope that we're not behind by that point. With Remy on the pitch, there's always a chance that we might even be ahead.

Going to miss it, anyway, which is a shame. Think the mood could be quite buoyant.

Not really. Both of those results were quite smash and grab against teams towards the top of the league. The onus is now on us to take the game to Norwich so it would only be logical to expect a different approach.

Agree with everything except it being difficult to argue against keeping the side the same.  Any half decent manager should be looking to put out the right side to beat different teams, not just keep it the same because we won the last match.  But unfortunately I agree Pardew will do exactly that.

Guest icemanblue

Not really. Both of those results were quite smash and grab against teams towards the top of the league. The onus is now on us to take the game to Norwich so it would only be logical to expect a different approach.

Chelsea was far, far, far from a smash and grab, like. It may well be logical to expect a different approach and setup, and it is what I'd go for. However, there's a reason that it's a well known saying.

Yes. :thup:

It's a preemptive defence of Pardew to partially advocate the same side.

Guest neesy111

I can't remember the last time we had back to back home games against opposition you would expect to beat.

Last season.  West Ham and Swansea, lost both.

Guest icemanblue

No, it's my opinion. I've said that it wouldn't be my choice, too.

No, it's my opinion. I've said that it wouldn't be my choice, too.

I realise that, but you said it would be difficult to argue with. It isn't.