Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

End of the day basically the majority on here want him sacked and a foreigner brought in, i say foreigner because nobody was able to name someone from these shores to replace and play this exciting football they want to see.

Question still remains if he was sacked and someone was brought in who wasn't known for his pretty football, would people accept him since it's not Pardew. I'm beginning to think it's basically Pardew as a person who is hated and wanted out, this whole we play such boring football is just a smokescreen as 90 percent of the football teams in the country don't play with the style of football people on here want to see. This kind of football was accepted with Hughton but he was a nice genuine guy, whilst Pardew is bullshitting cunt.

Steve Bruce, Harry Redknapp,  Steve Clarke and even Billy Davies are better and play a more attractive brand too. There's probably others but I can't be arsed.

Not many would be happy with Bruce, Don't get me started on Redknapp or Davies and Clarke's football was meh. As for better Bruce hasn't done as well as Pardew has Davies has part of one prem season under his belt and that was Derbys 15 point season and Clarke is impossible to judge because his good season was with Lukaku who may have helped WBA beyond where they should be. Redknapp has done better but I can't stand him

End of the day basically the majority on here want him sacked and a foreigner brought in, i say foreigner because nobody was able to name someone from these shores to replace and play this exciting football they want to see.

Question still remains if he was sacked and someone was brought in who wasn't known for his pretty football, would people accept him since it's not Pardew. I'm beginning to think it's basically Pardew as a person who is hated and wanted out, this whole we play such boring football is just a smokescreen as 90 percent of the football teams in the country don't play with the style of football people on here want to see. This kind of football was accepted with Hughton but he was a nice genuine guy, whilst Pardew is bullshitting c***.

Steve Bruce, Harry Redknapp,  Steve Clarke and even Billy Davies are better and play a more attractive brand too. There's probably others but I can't be arsed.

We didn't want Redknapp when he was linked because basically he's a bigger bullshitting cunt than Pardew. And the rest i can guarantee a big fuss would be kicked up if we employed any of them next.

If Pardew does get sacked, i think a lot will be happy but i'm fairly sure Ashley will bring them back down to earth fairly soon after. I'll not moan like, i'm done with the fact cunt after he got Pardew in the first place, had his chance to upgrade and fucked up big style. He's just a fat fuck up that is lucky Carr is finding him cheap gems and Pardew is lucky he gets to work with them.

So what?

Redknapp for all of his Cockney sparra bollocks at least sends his sides out to play in the right manner.

Which Pardew does not.

Question still remains if he was sacked and someone was brought in who wasn't known for his pretty football, would people accept him since it's not Pardew. I'm beginning to think it's basically Pardew as a person who is hated and wanted out, this whole we play such boring football is just a smokescreen as 90 percent of the football teams in the country don't play with the style of football people on here want to see. This kind of football was accepted with Hughton but he was a nice genuine guy, whilst Pardew is bullshitting cunt.

Well that must go down as the daftest fucking post in the entire thread.

Guest Haris Vuckic

How many Newcastle managers can you  name that ''sent his sides out to play in the right manner''?

I'm just curious....

Question still remains if he was sacked and someone was brought in who wasn't known for his pretty football, would people accept him since it's not Pardew. I'm beginning to think it's basically Pardew as a person who is hated and wanted out, this whole we play such boring football is just a smokescreen as 90 percent of the football teams in the country don't play with the style of football people on here want to see. This kind of football was accepted with Hughton but he was a nice genuine guy, whilst Pardew is bullshitting c***.

Saw a decent question put to David Peace (author of the Damned United) a few months back that was answered like this, and I think it said something about what people look for in a manager:

Q

I met Shankly with my dad once outside Anfield and he did possess this messianic aura. Grown men felt blessed to be in his company and there was a kind of Puritan work ethic that drove men like Shankly, Busby and Stein. With the retirement of Ferguson who was perhaps the last of that breed, the British game now seems to be controlled by dull pragmatists and technicians. At board level, old school spivs like Louis Edwards, Ken Bates, Ron Noades, Doug Ellis and Peter Swales have been replaced by global franchise gangsters for whom each club is merely an entry in a portfolio. Yet football has never belonged to the fans, footballers and managers have always been expendable and chairmen and administrators have always been incompetent and corrupt. Gazprom United will no doubt rule world football soon but is this necessarily a bad thing?

A: One thing that struck me, again and again, researching and writing Red or Dead was, as you say, that football has never belonged to the supporters, the players or the managers. The clubs have always been owned by the men with the brass. But what also struck me was the way in which men like Shankly, Stein and Busby – coming from backgrounds that were much harder and poorer than most of us (not all of us) will ever know – through their sheer bloody-mindedness and hard work, their sacrifices and struggles, taking on the owners and the directors, created clubs in their own and the supporters’ image. And even in times as dark as these, I still do find that inspirational.

When you think of a manager like that at our club you would think of Robson or Keegan - they weren't just good managers, they were brilliant representatives of the club and the region, and as Peace said 'they shaped the club in their own image'.

"Great managers" (Robson, Clough, Revie, Paisley, Shankley) first emerged in large numbers after the abolition of the maximum wage. They were able to scour the country searching for talent, and then assembling it at clubs in the big cities, who would have a financial advantage over those outside the cities (although the inequality was nowhere near as vast as it is today). They would often find the players themselves, and they would run the club from top to bottom. They were the club, and if successful they would be worshipped, and in this country that is what a great manager is still defined as.

I think it's pretty obvious, even to a Pardew fan like me, that Alan Pardew is definitely not going to be that man for Newcastle United.

However, it is also obvious to me that as long as Ashley is in charge we aren't going to have a manager like that. No one is going to be allowed that level of control. Pardew is consistently undermined in transfer windows, and it is obvious that unfortunately, for as long as Mike Ashley is here, the club will project Mike Ashley's image.

But there is something to be said for the system that is put in place. I don't think it is as easy for a manager to build a dynasty on his own as it was in the 70s / 80s. There is only one manager in the league who has built his club from top to bottom. It is a global game now - you cannot have a manager and his sidekick driving round the country for players like Clough and Taylor at Forest.

But the current accepted thinking in this country hasn't changed. We gave £50m to Souness, he rang up his mates like Boersma and Saunders and gave them jobs, then he rang his old club and other mates and the likes of Boumsong arrived. Then we had to spend more to sack him. Absolute insanity but common enough in football.

Down at Sunderland, Short has been instructed in conventional thinking by everyone in football's best mate Niall Quinn - and has poured millions down the drain while Quinn, Bruce, and ONeill walk away with millions.

Its an outdated method and clubs in this country are seeking an alternative. There is an argument that the days of truly iconic managers may soon be gone. Ashley is a loathsome individual and projects a terrible image for our club. But he has a system in place that does not rely on one man and there is something to be said for that.

Pardew is never going to bestride this club like a collosus, but no one is while Ashley is here.

Pardew is always going to tow the party line in interviews and his attitude to the cups, but so will any manager while Ashely is here.

Pardew's style reflects the fact that we will not spend large amounts on forwards - any manager here will have to contend with this.

He is though, the most important cog in the machine Ashley has put in place. He has done a good job for Newcastle United in that role, and he deserves praise for it.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Well that must go down as the daftest f***ing post in the entire history of the internet.

FYP :thup:

Guest Haris Vuckic

Saw a decent question put to David Peace (author of the Damned United) a few months back that was answered like this, and I think it said something about what people look for in a manager:

Q

I met Shankly with my dad once outside Anfield and he did possess this messianic aura. Grown men felt blessed to be in his company and there was a kind of Puritan work ethic that drove men like Shankly, Busby and Stein. With the retirement of Ferguson who was perhaps the last of that breed, the British game now seems to be controlled by dull pragmatists and technicians. At board level, old school spivs like Louis Edwards, Ken Bates, Ron Noades, Doug Ellis and Peter Swales have been replaced by global franchise gangsters for whom each club is merely an entry in a portfolio. Yet football has never belonged to the fans, footballers and managers have always been expendable and chairmen and administrators have always been incompetent and corrupt. Gazprom United will no doubt rule world football soon but is this necessarily a bad thing?

A: One thing that struck me, again and again, researching and writing Red or Dead was, as you say, that football has never belonged to the supporters, the players or the managers. The clubs have always been owned by the men with the brass. But what also struck me was the way in which men like Shankly, Stein and Busby – coming from backgrounds that were much harder and poorer than most of us (not all of us) will ever know – through their sheer bloody-mindedness and hard work, their sacrifices and struggles, taking on the owners and the directors, created clubs in their own and the supporters’ image. And even in times as dark as these, I still do find that inspirational.

When you think of a manager like that at our club you would think of Robson or Keegan - they weren't just good managers, they were brilliant representatives of the club and the region, and as Peace said 'they shaped the club in their own image'.

"Great managers" (Robson, Clough, Revie, Paisley, Shankley) first emerged in large numbers after the abolition of the maximum wage. They were able to scour the country searching for talent, and then assembling it at clubs in the big cities, who would have a financial advantage over those outside the cities (although the inequality was nowhere near as vast as it is today). They would often find the players themselves, and they would run the club from top to bottom. They were the club, and if successful they would be worshipped, and in this country that is what a great manager is still defined as.

I think it's pretty obvious, even to a Pardew fan like me, that Alan Pardew is definitely not going to be that man for Newcastle United.

However, it is also obvious to me that as long as Ashley is in charge we aren't going to have a manager like that. No one is going to be allowed that level of control. Pardew is consistently undermined in transfer windows, and it is obvious that unfortunately, for as long as Mike Ashley is here, the club will project Mike Ashley's image.

But there is something to be said for the system that is put in place. I don't think it is as easy for a manager to build a dynasty on his own as it was in the 70s / 80s. There is only one manager in the league who has built his club from top to bottom. It is a global game now - you cannot have a manager and his sidekick driving round the country for players like Clough and Taylor at Forest.

But the current accepted thinking in this country hasn't changed. We gave £50m to Souness, he rang up his mates like Boersma and Saunders and gave them jobs, then he rang his old club and other mates and the likes of Boumsong arrived. Then we had to spend more to sack him. Absolute insanity but common enough in football.

Down at Sunderland, Short has been instructed in conventional thinking by everyone in football's best mate Niall Quinn - and has poured millions down the drain while Quinn, Bruce, and ONeill walk away with millions.

Its an outdated method and clubs in this country are seeking an alternative. There is an argument that the days of truly iconic managers may soon be gone. Ashley is a loathsome individual and projects a terrible image for our club. But he has a system in place that does not rely on one man and there is something to be said for that.

Pardew is never going to bestride this club like a collosus, but no one is while Ashley is here.

Pardew is always going to tow the party line in interviews and his attitude to the cups, but so will any manager while Ashely is here.

Pardew's style reflects the fact that we will not spend large amounts on forwards - any manager here will have to contend with this.

He is though, the most important cog in the machine Ashley has put in place. He has done a good job for Newcastle United in that role, and he deserves praise for it.

Important stuff bolded.

Whilst I found Red or Dead a little hagiographic & at times cringe worthy I though it was a good portrayal of Shankly on a whole & a decent read. Peace seems to write football brilliantly which I previously thought was impossible.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'd honestly swap him for Poyet tomorrow if I could. I think the Gus Bus is just on the wrong route right now.

;D

I'd honestly swap him for Poyet tomorrow if I could. I think the Gus Bus is just on the wrong route right now.

;D

I honestly think Poyet would do well a club who wasn't battling relegation and could afford to go through a 1 year transition period.

Surely winning is playing football in "the right manner"?

No it's not, and what have we won?

10 league games out of 20 this season?

At the end of the day it's a results game. We're not the Newcastle of old but nor do we play an awful brand of football. I've seen much worse at NUFC.

Well that's ok then. Carry on regardless because I saw Souness' sides and Allardyce's sides and Bill McGarry's sides and they played worse than Lord Pardew's.

Utter turd.

Surely winning is playing football in "the right manner"?

No it's not, and what have we won?

10 league games out of 20 this season?

At the end of the day it's a results game. We're not the Newcastle of old but nor do we play an awful brand of football. I've seen much worse at NUFC.

Really? We can play to an acceptable standard with a petty much fully fit starting XI but as we've seen in the past as soon as other factors such as injuries and tiredness come into play we're pretty much cannon fodder to any side who wants to take us on. We've never been great to watch under Pardew, but that's secondary to the dire form we're capable of.

EDIT: I wouldn't swap him for just anyone in the league at the minute like. He's not a tragic manager, he's just not a very good one.