Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew's record in the cup speaks for itself. And the club have made their position clear on cup competitions in the recent past. If you don't believe that this had an effect on the mentality of the players then you just don't understand people.

If my boss came out and said "I don't really care about that project" then I wouldn't be motivated to do well in it - what's the point? They don't care and I get paid anyway. You could see some of the players felt the same way - Cardiff wanted to win it more and in the end they did.

Astonishing that this even needs explaining but then it appears even the most basic human psychology is beyond some people's understanding.

Lambert, Allardyce and Pardew were all in the press last week with tears in their eyes about having to play in the FA Cup, all three subsequently got binned out after pathetic performances with no heart (four in a row for Pards). Funny that.

That says as much about the game in general itself (which is broken) than any one club/manager in particular tbh

Pardew's record in the cup speaks for itself. And the club have made their position clear on cup competitions in the recent past. If you don't believe that this had an effect on the mentality of the players then you just don't understand people.

If my boss came out and said "I don't really care about that project" then I wouldn't be motivated to do well in it - what's the point? They don't care and I get paid anyway. You could see some of the players felt the same way - Cardiff wanted to win it more and in the end they did.

Astonishing that this even needs explaining but then it appears even the most basic human psychology is beyond some people's understanding.

Lambert, Allardyce and Pardew were all in the press last week with tears in their eyes about having to play in the FA Cup, all three subsequently got binned out after pathetic performances with no heart (four in a row for Pards). Funny that.

Well it's just amazing he didn't rest a few more players then. It just doesn't make any sense if you don't want to progress in a cup competition to play  the likes of Sissoko and Gouffran who run the length of the pitch week in week out. Unless Pardew is even stupider than I thought or he's so weak minded he has to make a show of trying by including knackered players. Both are plausible I suppose.

Ben Arfa has his faults but he has all the tools to be a very dangerous no 10. If he played against us as a no 10 I reckon he'd destroy us. When he plays as a no 10 for us though, we usually have very few players attacking the opposition so he ends up trying to beat everyone and score a wonder goal. That's partly down to his mentality, and partly down to Pardew keeping players behind the ball so there's not usually much option anyway.

3 times he got in a good position and Cisse made the run for a slip in and he took another couple of feints before being tackled or having shot. He hasn't got the vision for a number 10 imo, it's all too slow. He doesn't know when he should pass it first time or whatever, he should know this stuff before the ball is even at his feet. What he's thinking about is how he's going to beat the next defender though. I don't want to sound like im hating on him btw because he's my fave player and one of the best i've seen here, i just prefer him on the right where im happy for him to pick up the ball and cut it or whatever. As a 10 though, the passing isn't there for me and you need that passing vision.

I don't think Gouff and Siss should be classed as defensive simply because they work hard and track back, think that's harsh tbh. Valencia for Man Utd gets the same sort of stick for being defensive when he isn’t. Just hard working and you want that but some players just won’t really do it like Nani/Ben Arfa and it might jeopardise their place in the side under managers such as Pardew/Moyes.

Certainly Ashley's mentality regarding the cups isn't good for club but i think it's a lame excuse for footballers to go out on the pitch and not care. Fans still pay there money to go and watch them and if they can't give 100 percent for them if not Ashley then that is wrong. Pardew is just giving a free ride knowing his job isn’t under threat for performance of the cups, he still wants to win one though and i think if he didn't you would have seen likes of Bigi/Sammy/Obertan/Dummett from the off. It wasn't to be though and we yet again need to wait till next year.

Ben Arfa has his faults but he has all the tools to be a very dangerous no 10. If he played against us as a no 10 I reckon he'd destroy us. When he plays as a no 10 for us though, we usually have very few players attacking the opposition so he ends up trying to beat everyone and score a wonder goal. That's partly down to his mentality, and partly down to Pardew keeping players behind the ball so there's not usually much option anyway.

3 times he got in a good position and Cisse made the run for a slip in and he took another couple of feints before being tackled or having shot. He hasn't got the vision for a number 10 imo, it's all too slow. He doesn't know when he should pass it first time or whatever, he should know this stuff before the ball is even at his feet. What he's thinking about is how he's going to beat the next defender though. I don't want to sound like im hating on him btw because he's my fave player and one of the best i've seen here, i just prefer him on the right where im happy for him to pick up the ball and cut it or whatever. As a 10 though, the passing isn't there for me and you need that passing vision.

I don't think Gouff and Siss should be classed as defensive simply because they work hard and track back, think that's harsh tbh. Valencia for Man Utd gets the same sort of stick for being defensive when he isn’t. Just hard working and you want that but some players just won’t really do it like Nani/Ben Arfa and it might jeopardise their place in the side under managers such as Pardew/Moyes.

Certainly Ashley's mentality regarding the cups isn't good for club but i think it's a lame excuse for footballers to go out on the pitch and not care. Fans still pay there money to go and watch them and if they can't give 100 percent for them if not Ashley then that is wrong. Pardew is just giving a free ride knowing his job isn’t under threat for performance of the cups, he still wants to win one though and i think if he didn't you would have seen likes of Bigi/Sammy/Obertan/Dummett from the off. It wasn't to be though and we yet again need to wait till next year.

Agree on Ben Arfa, I don't think he has the attributes at all, his off the ball movement is not that good either, tries too much himself and does not have the vision. He looks lost when deployed there imho.

He should only be deployed on the right for us.

Regarding player mentality, if your boss was being negative all the time it affects your staff and their way of thinking, they also doubt how they should be doing things - if you are saying they should always make sure the other team don't hurt us, their eye is off the ball going forward.

If someone says this or that is not my priority and as a member of staff you hear that, you realise it doesn't matter what the outcome is. You should try and win every game in every competition in my opinion

He's got plenty of vision, I've seen him hit passes that other people don't see until it's executed. His problem is he'd rather not pass it at all, and the way we are set up he might as well beat defenders, there's usually very little movement in front of him. I didn't see the cup game, but it didn't sound like anyone else was doing much.

People think what managers say in the press conferences or what managers say in interviews after the game that's what will be said in the dressing room. I think that's far from the case tbh, i maybe wrong, we'll never know but i don't think Pardew would have been in the dressing room or build up to that game telling his players what a quality side Cardiff are and how we should fear and contain them. Just doesn't bode with me tbh. No sense in that. He has a habit of talking shit in the press and playing up opposition managers/players/teams to come across like he's not taking them lightly but it's just bullshit and i rarely pay any attention to it.

He's got plenty of vision, I've seen him hit passes that other people don't see until it's executed. His problem is he'd rather not pass it at all, and the way we are set up he might as well beat defenders, there's usually very little movement in front of him. I didn't see the cup game, but it didn't sound like anyone else was doing much.

Cisse was moving for him though and looking to be slipped in but the ball was never played. Fair enough you didn't watch the match but you get a clear view when there of runs people make and it wasn't for Cisse's lack of effort that he wasn't being given the ball. Saying that, if the ball was played, chances are his run would be ill timed and he'd be offside. Forgot how much that pissed me off, wasn't a welcome return that offside flag going up everytime ball went near Cisse.

Cisse was moving for him though and looking to be slipped in but the ball was never played. Fair enough you didn't watch the match but you get a clear view when there of runs people make and it wasn't for Cisse's lack of effort that he wasn't being given the ball. Saying that, if the ball was played, chances are his run would be ill timed and he'd be offside. Forgot how much that pissed me off, wasn't a welcome return that offside flag going up everytime ball went near Cisse.

That's another thing which is a concern, Cisse's goal didn't come from good play, it was a scrappy effort which he did well to follow up on. But we don't tend to create goals through good football that much, so it's no surprise we don't win games more comfortably. The games against Norwich and Palace are good examples.

People think what managers say in the press conferences or what managers say in interviews after the game that's what will be said in the dressing room. I think that's far from the case tbh, i maybe wrong, we'll never know but i don't think Pardew would have been in the dressing room or build up to that game telling his players what a quality side Cardiff are and how we should fear and contain them. Just doesn't bode with me tbh. No sense in that. He has a habit of talking s*** in the press and playing up opposition managers/players/teams to come across like he's not taking them lightly but it's just bullshit and i rarely pay any attention to it.

I think that's exactly what he talks about. He will be drilling into the team to contain and keep it tight for 60 mins and hoping we take a chance before that time

Cisse was moving for him though and looking to be slipped in but the ball was never played. Fair enough you didn't watch the match but you get a clear view when there of runs people make and it wasn't for Cisse's lack of effort that he wasn't being given the ball. Saying that, if the ball was played, chances are his run would be ill timed and he'd be offside. Forgot how much that p*ssed me off, wasn't a welcome return that offside flag going up everytime ball went near Cisse.

That's another thing which is a concern, Cisse's goal didn't come from good play, it was a scrappy effort which he did well to follow up on. But we don't tend to create goals through good football that much, so it's no surprise we don't win games more comfortably. The games against Norwich and Palace are good examples.

Yeah but the good move Obertan did really well to set up for, he missed completely :lol: The game itself on Saturday was scrappy though, i wouldn't say either side wanted it more than the other. Cardiff were just as bad as us really. Credit OGS though, his subs were excellent choices and that won them the game, introduction of Campbell changed things for them rather than that other big oaf they had up front.

People think what managers say in the press conferences or what managers say in interviews after the game that's what will be said in the dressing room. I think that's far from the case tbh, i maybe wrong, we'll never know but i don't think Pardew would have been in the dressing room or build up to that game telling his players what a quality side Cardiff are and how we should fear and contain them. Just doesn't bode with me tbh. No sense in that. He has a habit of talking s*** in the press and playing up opposition managers/players/teams to come across like he's not taking them lightly but it's just bullshit and i rarely pay any attention to it.

I think that's exactly what he talks about. He will be drilling into the team to contain and keep it tight for 60 mins and hoping we take a chance before that time

Isn't every player given a dossier about their opposite number before every match?

Which is the sort of pseudo-management that has seen is incapable of a sustained starting 11, formation, gameplan etc.

Nigel Adkins would have been worth risking rather than stagnating with this plank. Besides its the unholy trinity package that it all stems from.

Late to the party, but Adkins isn't exactly pulling up any trees in the Championship

Guest Walter

Still very unhappy with him. Our great run was good but still it didn't feel right. I do not enjoy his football.

Cisse out of form is 100 times better than shola. Still playing shola is such a joke!

It will probably never feel right under pardew. Sadly as we have exciting players who could work in exciting systems and styles.

The squad is really good ( always room for improvement) but it wont happen under pardew ( top 4). If it did it would probably still be boring and short sited.

He is good at keeping the players happy, mind.

Sorry for repeating myself.

Guest reefatoon

To say Pardew deliberately got us knocked out on advice from Ashley or just because he wasn't arsed himself about the cup is mental.

I don't think he got us knocked out because of orders from above but I do think he got us knocked out by p*ss poor team selection and tactics.

Well fair enough if that's your opinion, can accept that if he's made a mistake with his team selection or tactics or both but that's more reasonable to say he threw the match necause he didn't want to be in the cup. That could have been a league match for me and that outcome might have still happened. I thought his team selection was good, i was happy with the team but then i thought tactically we were just giving Cardiff too much time on the ball and we weren't closing them down quick enough.

I've never liked Ben Arfa in that 10 role and thought Sissoko should have moved in the middle and Ben Arfa out wide to stretch them. Some people love Ben Arfa in the 10 role though. We got the goal though and from then i thought the game was over and we were through but two poor goals and we are out. Tried in vain putting two strikers on to get the goal back but Cardiff were strong enough at the back to cope with our feeble pressure.

See, you are a a football moron and you can pick the team better than the slack knackers in charge that you constantly stick up for.

Even though performances more often than not correspond to these pre/post-match comments?  Hmm, I guess I better believe your 100% non-biased hunch than what I see with my own eyes.