Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Comparisons to Ferguson or Keegan are tantamount to lunacy in any way, he's a product of another long line of jobs for the boys appointments that make up a lot of dross managers; some of which who have been able to manage in the premier league. He is above many in the sense that  he can get teams playing the right way but never in tandem or balance with being solid defensively which is ultimately his downfall tactically; and why he is horrendously inconsistent. For every genius tactical display of nicking one against Chelsea there is another needless conservative display against Hull et al. It's the exact water treading pattern that Ashley is only too happy to facilitate.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

Comparisons to Ferguson or Keegan are tantamount to lunacy in any way, he's a product of another long line of jobs for the boys appointments that make up a lot of dross managers; some of which who have been able to manage in the premier league. He is above many in the sense that  he can get teams playing the right way but never in tandem or balance with being solid defensively which is ultimately his downfall tactically; and why he is horrendously inconsistent. For every genius tactical display of nicking one against Chelsea there is another needless conservative display against Hull et al. It's the exact water treading pattern that Ashley is only too happy to facilitate.

O0 Progress though  :cheesy:

Guest bimpy474

5th was progress. The lack of ambition shown afterward by Ashley et al with regard to cups and Europe show naught but fear of reaching beyond that as it would cost too much.

Oh aye, that was the time to spend big-ish. Ashley is the biggest problem we have, even more than JFK or Pardew imo.

I think a major factor behind our failure to kill teams off is our lack of ability to hit teams on the break, and that comes down to poor technical ability amongst too many players. Quite often, we win possession on a turnover and then waste precious seconds with passes that are designed to keep the ball rather than move it forward into threatening positions. As a result, players don't really charge forward with confidence in that situation because they've no confidence that they'll get the ball.

The chief culprit here is Tiote. The guy always seems to need two or three extra touches before he's able to release the ball, and his passes are rarely of a defence-splitting nature. I just feel his presence plays its part in ensuring a comfortable mid-table position, but he also limits how much this team can progress.

I don't agree with the view that the squad is under-achieving because of Pardew's tactics. If anything, he's making the most out of what he's got. Whether he should share responsibility for the state of the squad is another point - a lot of people at our club have a finger in that particular pie.

Utter lunacy. The transfer values of our squad players individually blows that ludicrous theory out of the water.

It's not as if we expect marquee signings; I mean Cisse at the time was an absolute sensation and we happy with that; a positive, attacking signing at a pretty high price and it paid off; whatever you think of him now. That injection of positivity fed into the club and the fanbase and it made a real difference imo. Amazes me when people think that is an astronomical ask of the club. At the same time you have Pardew openly playing down our expectations with regard to this, asking us of all groups of fans for 'patience' and surrendering in cup comps. It's bullshit.

I'm with you ToonPack, it's kind of mind boggling to be reading so much criticism after another away win and sitting 8th below only some top teams. I know everyone doesn't like Pardew's approach always, and I agree to a certain extent, but the level of dissatisfaction seems way out of proportion.

It's like Matt said, the crayon eating factory has disgorged itself onto the forum.

We should be winning the league and every game five or six nowt you know.

Criticism is fine, if it's balanced, it's just pitchforks and torches all the time. "Pardew's a witch burn him".

You know you dont help yourself by being so confrontational, you're being a bit of a tit with s*** like this tbh.

But sadly it's true, it's like a thread full of zealots.

We are making progress and that is good.

Go find where anyone said we should win by 5 or 6 ?...................Now tell me who the Zealot is ?

Honestly, that's pathetic stuff. You dont wish to accept the middle ground which is where most people are.

Well said. When people resort to accusing fellow fans of wanting NUFC to lose then you know they're talking out of their arse.

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got s*** for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

Yep - I would suggest that this 'middle ground' re Pardew is pretty sparsely populated.

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got shit for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

No it didn't. By taking Anita off we started losing all the second balls in midfield.

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got shit for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

It's not impossible at all. Of course some people are vehemently against him, but that doesn't mean everyone is and lumping everyone together with the strongest single viewpoint (and in many cases attributing statements that nobody at all have made) does nothing to advance the debate. In fact it's that kind of thing that drags it all down.

Guest bimpy474

No it didn't. By taking Anita off we started losing all the second balls in midfield.

It helped defend set pieces, which i think was the point of it. Positive it wasn't but helpful it actually was tbf.

I'm not convinced we looked better once Ameobi came on, but either way, it feels rather difficult to praise him for such a move given our lack of impetus was due to him in the first place.

In my opinion we had actually lost our grip of the game before that Anita was taken off.  We had lost our passing game and were looking for an outlet and for someone to hold the ball up for a bit.  Shola did a decent job of that and allowed us to clear our lines.

It helped defend set pieces, which i think was the point of it. Positive it wasn't but helpful it actually was tbf.

Pardew in a nutshell. It helped us not concede instead of making a substitute to help us score. I can't wait for the day he finally leaves.

Toon Pack has a point mind. It's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about Pardew on here because so many are so vehemently opposed to him. He's got s*** for bringing on Ameobi yesterday despite the fact it was a change that had a positive impact on the game and helped us regain some of the impetus.

Pardew in a nutshell. It helped us not concede instead of making a substitute to help us score. I can't wait for the day he finally leaves.

Wanting Pardew to leave I understand - but it really isn't that odd that a manager might look to protect a 2-1 lead when the impetus has shifted rather than go looking for a third.

Wanting Pardew to leave I understand - but it really isn't that odd that a manager might look to protect a 2-1 lead when the impetus has shifted rather than go looking for a third.

Maybe he should try and regain the impetus by controlling possession, rather than hoping he can get away with twatting the ball away for a full fucking third of the game.

You would think the manager might try to do something about it if it was happening so often instead of always reacting to a regular event.

Guest bimpy474

It's not impossible at all. Of course some people are vehemently against him, but that doesn't mean everyone is and lumping everyone together with the strongest single viewpoint (and in many cases attributing statements that nobody at all have made) does nothing to advance the debate. In fact it's that kind of thing that drags it all down.

Exactly, i'm in a postion of seeing better football, a definite plus point. But still seeing the same defensive mindset in 2nd halfs if we're winning, and virtually knowing we wont come from behind if we concede first, something we've had with him from the very start. In that it's more the never looking like coming back that irks me.

Aligned with his constant talking down of the club and team, constant transfer talk bollocks, his 'lets win for Mike' disgraceful comment. It's not just one thing with him, it's more than just the football.

Tbf to Toon Pack, he said he didn't care about that stuff as long we're winning. I can't agree with that point of view at all. But we have a theme on here of, you love him or hate him. No middle ground.

Yet we created more chances/attempts on goal than the period before the change, you want it to be a shite sub but it wasn't.

Maybe he should try and regain the impetus by controlling possession, rather than hoping he can get away with twatting the ball away for a full fucking third of the game.

aye this, precisely, people here acting here like we have 2 options when the other team decides to put up a fight: lose & shola :lol:

I could understand if this was against a good team but looking to protect a lead against one of the worst sides in the league after tearing them apart for 45 mins then coming out for the next 45 looking absolutely petrified of them. If we'd continued in the same vein as the first half we could be looking back at a 4 or 5-1 win but because of his negativity we were happy to hold onto a 2-1 lead. If Carlton Cole or Carroll had scored the simple opportunities they were given we would have gone on to lose the game. I'm sick of having a manager whose not afraid to just go at a team for 90 mins, it's a fucking joke.

Guest bimpy474

You would think the manager might try to do something about it if it was happening so often instead of always reacting to a regular event.

Exactly, it's not the fact it happens, it's the regularity of it. I'm amazed some still dont recognise it happens so often.