Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Stadium name: extremely sad to see the stadium renamed. Personally emailed the CEO of Wonga masquerading as a marketing expert, to suggest he renamed it St James' Park, about 2 days before he did so. In his reply he said my suggestion had been 'eerily interesting'. True story.

fuck me :lol:

Fuck right off with that :lol:

Rob Lee recently said on the True Faith podcast that he was praying for us to lose the derby because he knew Gullit would go.

This moral high ground stuff of "you should never want your own team to lose" is canny pathetic really. Here in the real world, things aren't as black and white as all that. I want Newcastle to win more than they lose and that involves getting rid of Alan Pardew as soon as possible.

Quite funny watching Happy Face backpedal furiously about the man whose praises he has sung almost endlessly despite absolutely hating him (honest Guv!).

There's no back pedalling involved.  I've always said the bloke's a shitehouse.  Find the nicest thing I've said about him.... ever.  It won't be particularly positive.

Wanting my team to win games is taking the moral high ground now?  I'm supposed to be the uber fan while others bang on about the greater good of the club as if I don't realise the untold benefits of this hypothetical dream scenario.  Talking about the "real world" after that seems strange.

Question to ask is, what is in it for Pardew to hang around?  Many journalists consider him a good manager, has done a "good job" at NUFC, other fans I talk to seem to think he is doing a good job...The job at nufc is a ballache, players get sold, under investment, told he cant go for cups, cant chase a european spot. 

So whats in it for Pardew, why not walk away and find a job where he doesn't have such tight restrictions placed upon him and the team.  Why not find a team that wants to improve.

What does Alan pardew get for hanging around in a dead end job??

Question to ask is, what is in it for Pardew to hang around?  Many journalists consider him a good manager, has done a "good job" at NUFC, other fans I talk to seem to think he is doing a good job...The job at nufc is a ballache, players get sold, under investment, told he cant go for cups, cant chase a european spot. 

So whats in it for Pardew, why not walk away and find a job where he doesn't have such tight restrictions placed upon him and the team.  Why not find a team that wants to improve.

Knowing he has to REALLY fuck up to get the boot. With our 'ambition' he has more job security than practically every other manager in the league.

He gets a cut of the transfer (out) fee. Performance related pay lets call it.

Guest tollemache

Stadium name: extremely sad to see the stadium renamed. Personally emailed the CEO of Wonga masquerading as a marketing expert, to suggest he renamed it St James' Park, about 2 days before he did so. In his reply he said my suggestion had been 'eerily interesting'. True story.

Fucking true!  :D  I'll paste the email convo in here if you like... Not saying I saved St James' Park or anything but... if I had saved it... well, then I'd be due some thanks wouldn't I? Cash, gifts, something like that. A sly haitch-J.

Guest tollemache

And to think people on here tried to defend them through the whole KK thing, Hughton, the naming of the stadium, the awful SD branding all over the stadium, not challenging for anything in the cups or a higher place in the league than 8th., Joe kinnear, Alan Pardew, Dennis Wise, Derek Llambias...

i mean come on.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Where's TrolleMache :lol:

Here I am! Wheeee. Might as well go through them:

KK: Thought it fishy because the decision to appoint a DoF so quickly after KK arrived was just so, so bizarre- how could that ever end well? There are two ways of looking at it, one of which is that they shouldn't have hired a DoF, the other that hiring KK knowing a DoF was in the pipeline was a horrendous error. Either way, car crash. Find it hard to understand anyone's motivation as it just looks like rank stupidity.

Hughton: Had loads of sympathy for him but, as I tend to do with new managers, got behind Pardew pretty sharpish and gave the club the benefit of the doubt.

Branding: Much less fussed about that, ugly though it is... big question is are we getting anything out of it? I've heard mixed accounts on that one.

Cups: Livid. Why rest players v Cardiff for f***'s sake, given where we are in the league. Completely nonsensical.

Higher than 8th: Realistically going to be hard to get higher than that on a consistent basis, even if we chuck in squillions and hire a genius manager. For now I'm happy as long as the team improves, and worried in case it doesn't, but don't think it'll make a vast difference in terms of league placing.

JFK: Mental

Pardew: Average

Wise: See 'Keegan'

Llambias: No strong feelings

Pretty much smoothed over a really bad piece of nufc history, they also fucked Alan Shearer about and didnt even have the decency to call him up to say he wasn't getting the job.  And remember the line from Llambias "you dont know how nasty we can be".

Why do people gve them their hard earned cash  :lol:

Don't think I smoothed over it... I just really didn't know what to think. I found it hard to believe anyone would behave that stupidly

Knowing he has to REALLY f*** up to get the boot. With our 'ambition' he has more job security than practically every other manager in the league.

So Pardew is an ambitionless wanker.

Knowing he has to REALLY f*** up to get the boot. With our 'ambition' he has more job security than practically every other manager in the league.

So Pardew is an ambitionless wanker.

Not really sure about his ambition, I know he is a gutless one though.

This is the biggest gig he will ever get though and I can see why he wouldn't go to someone like Fulham, Norwich, West Ham, West Brom etc.. knowing they are willing to sack their managers.

Guest bimpy474

Fucking true!  :D  I'll paste the email convo in here if you like... Not saying I saved St James' Park or anything but... if I had saved it... well, then I'd be due some thanks wouldn't I? Cash, gifts, something like that. A sly haitch-J.

I couldn't give a shit, but if you think your suggestion was the reason you're mental. It would have always been in their thinking. And how many of those e-mails from fans do you think they got suggesting it. You can even find posts from me and many other on here saying, whoever buys the naming rights should renames us back to St James' Park, that would get whoever it was onside with the fans.

No offence but for you to imply it was becasue of you really shows just how much your ego has overtaken your brain.

Guest tollemache

He gets a cut of the transfer (out) fee. Performance related pay lets call it.

There's no guarantee whatsoever he'd get a better job, as all he's done in this one (in basic league terms) is perform averagely or just below. He's failed to impose any kind of philosophy, there's been lots of fairly public squabbles and general chaos at management level that may or may not be partly attributable to him.... He's just hauled a decentish team to a decentish position. If he left Newcastle tomorrow I think his most likely suitors would be Prem / Champo yo-yo clubs. If I was him I'd cling to this job for dear life.

Guest tollemache

I couldn't give a shit, but if you think your suggestion was the reason your mental. It would have always been in their thinking. And how many of those e-mails from fans do you think they got suggesting it. You can even find posts from me and many other on here saying, whoever buys the naming rights should renames us back to St James' Park, that would get whoever it was onside with the fans.

No offence but for you to imply it was becasue of you really shows just how much your ego has overtaken your brain.

Look if you can't see the sarcasm in that post... I mean really?!

Really?!

Guest bimpy474

I couldn't give a shit, but if you think your suggestion was the reason your mental. It would have always been in their thinking. And how many of those e-mails from fans do you think they got suggesting it. You can even find posts from me and many other on here saying, whoever buys the naming rights should renames us back to St James' Park, that would get whoever it was onside with the fans.

Really?!

Not with you no, not at all really.

"Would you take a Villa win if it meant Pardew was sacked? "

86.1% in favour as we speak, all with temporary amnesia it would seem as Mike Ashley would still be appointing the new manager. Good luck with that one lads  :lol:

Under Ashley we'd likely get another English journeyman nowhere near good enough for the club, but the odds are shortening by the day that he can be any worse than the daft cunt who has been battered 3-0 in consecutive home games to the fucking mackems. We might have a chance of seeing players like Hatem Ben Arfa playing in a black and white shirt too, which would be great.

Guest bimpy474

86.1% in favour as we speak, all with temporary amnesia it would seem as Mike Ashley would still be appointing the new manager. Good luck with that one lads  :lol:

Under Ashley we'd likely get another English journeyman nowhere near good enough for the club, but the odds are shortening by the day that he can be any worse than the daft cunt who has been battered 3-0 in consecutive home games to the fucking mackems. We might have a chance of seeing players like Hatem Ben Arfa playing in a black and white shirt too, which would be great.

That what bugged me about the derby games. We didn't just get beat, we got slaughtered, no heart, no fight, no skill, no creativity and no pride whatsoever. Embarrassing. Exactly the same against Tottenham.

Guest tollemache

Really?!

I think you're either dim or you didn't really read it properly before posting.

Guest bimpy474

Really?!

I think you're either dim or you didn't really read it properly before posting.

No i'm dim, you however are a genius.

Guest bimpy474

It's ok, I expect this kind of resentment from someone who seriously thinks I just asked him for a handjob for saving SJP.

My pleasure.

pride, stubbornness, size of the club are probably among the reasons for hanging around.  End of the day he's manager of one of the bigger premier league clubs, he's highly unlikely to ever get into one of the clubs around the CL places so why walk away from a top 10 side.

The only thing that gives me any hope here is that Ashley seems to place at least some trust in Graham Carr when it comes to signing players so there's a tiny chance that he might ask him for advice on a manager too.