Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Rodgers has wanted him for a while. A manager that's probably about to win the league. Not that I want to think about him playing anywhere other than for us like, but it's obviously going to happen.

Where is the evidence that Rodgers wants Ben Arfa? Are you referring to old newspaper rumours? There would have been very little stopping Liverpool putting a transfer offer in for Ben Arfa last Summer or in January. I'd imagine Ben Arfa would have put a transfer request in if he'd heard Liverpool were after him. We'll see where Ben Arfa goes in the Summer. I'll be surprised if it is Liverpool.

He wouldnt get a game for them tbh

A manager who falls out with the cheap Frenchies ain't much good to Mike Ashley...

This what I find confusing.

Ultimately Ashley will never go away from getting the cheapest value he can get from abroad, and seemingly mostly from France.

So why on Earth would he want a manager that constantly bemoans this, and also cannot get the best out of said players.

Makes absolutely no sense. Should have binned him once he had a perfect excuse to with that ridiculous head butt.

Rodgers has wanted him for a while. A manager that's probably about to win the league. Not that I want to think about him playing anywhere other than for us like, but it's obviously going to happen.

Where is the evidence that Rodgers wants Ben Arfa? Are you referring to old newspaper rumours? There would have been very little stopping Liverpool putting a transfer offer in for Ben Arfa last Summer or in January. I'd imagine Ben Arfa would have put a transfer request in if he'd heard Liverpool were after him. We'll see where Ben Arfa goes in the Summer. I'll be surprised if it is Liverpool.

Give over man, once Rodgers got his hands on him and had him running into space on the break?

Steven Gerrard looked completely finished 18 months ago. This is what good managers do.

Guest Roger Kint

Give over man, once Rodgers got his hands on him and had him running into space on the break?

Steven Gerrard looked completely finished 18 months ago. This is what good managers do.

Who would he drop?

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pardews-blame-game-just-deflection-6983952

Mark Douglas: Pardew's blame game is just a deflection tactic - concentrate on whether he is the right man for the job

Apr 13, 2014 16:35

Newcastle United boss Alan Pardew has questions to answer and no amount of deflecting gets him away from that.

Talk about Hatem Ben Arfa. Talk about why social class has prevented your Academy from producing a first team player since Andy Carroll. Throw your own absence from the dressing room into the mix.

Repeat the one about Yohan Cabaye leaving the club in January, blend it with the number of injuries, suspensions and the pressure of social media. Finally, when your team’s form is so putrid and the players’ performances so wretched and unmotivated that the supporters finally make vocal their discontent, train your guns on the local media.

Just never, ever engage in a debate about whether you’ve done anything that might have caused a football club beloved by its city into this slow stroll into a vat of poison. Because that, as Alan Pardew tacitly acknowledged with his ridiculous Britannia Stadium debrief, is an argument that you can’t win.

The Sunday Sun’s brilliant, pithy back page was shared thousands of times on Twitter. Only this morning Jeremy Vine posted it to his thousands of followers, quite a few of whom would have no idea who Pardew was, never mind why he accused our journalists of whipping up feeling against him.

It has become the dominant narrative after the Stoke defeat: how pathetic Pardew looked by once again deflecting the blame when his team had once again failed to score, win or even construct a performance that earned them the merest of credit. His talk of a his personal “agenda” was absurd. He’s had credit and criticism and it always relates to his performance in the job.

And that brings us to the real point here: his lame lament at Stoke means that few are addressing the real reasons why supporters waved anti-Pardew banners and chanted for his removal as manager. That is because his team have collapsed, his tactics have been exposed and it feels very much like he can’t motivate them any more.

If he can’t see that the team’s performances since his own moment of madness have brought him to this point then he lacks the capacity to analyse that is essential for any football manager. They have lost 1-0, 4-0, 4-0 and 3-0 in the last four. You all know the rest of the stats, and the performances in those games have deserved the hammerings.

It is not the local press who ‘turned’ the supporters, it is the run of heavy defeats. It is the horribly unmotivated players who aren’t performing for him. It is the system, the direct football, the lack of flair, the functional, safety-first approach in too mant games and the players being shunted out-of-position or dropped for no reason.

It is also the things that he has said: the justification of Joe Kinnear, Mike Ashley and the promises he has made that have been smashed into so many pieces. Finally there are his own actions, berating Manuel Pellegrini in shocking terms and then clashing with David Meyler to disrupt momentum after a fine win at Hull. We didn’t create any of that. We reflected it. Many which we had been tougher, judging by social media.

Newcastle United need a manager prepared to lead, not deflect. It is a sizeable club and a sizeable challenge. Both the club and the managerial position have been sullied this year and that is not an agenda, it is just a reflection of what I have seen.

Blaming others takes the conversation away from Pardew, just as Lee Charnley did with his blithe opening statement on getting the Managing Director job at St James’ Park. But Pardew is at the centre of it. This is Ashley’s club and Ashley’s mess, but with this squad Pardew has underperformed since the turn of the year.

Stoke are reeling them in. The Cups were surrendered before January. Europe was never a realistic target for a man who has taken every opportunity to run down the Europa League. When things were going for him, he dedicated wins to Ashley. Why is he surprised that supporters have turned? Does he think a few newspaper articles did that?

It has become apparent over recent weeks that his race is run. Behind closed doors, Pardew talks of rebuilding in the summer. He wants a fair few of these players out of the door: has written off Hatem Ben Arfa and was criticised by the player in a furious scene in the dressing room last week.

He believes there is a sizeable transfer kitty and sees an opportunity for redemption. He thinks strikers and midfielders will be signed: believes money from Ben Arfa’s sale and others will be re-invested.

But is he the right man to lead this? Ashley has been unconvinced at various points but he sticks with him. After Meyler in particular, he has Pardew exactly where he needs him. He will never address the real problems at the club, just the ones that buy him time.

So it is no surprise supporters are beginning to get vocal about his own job security. He seems affronted by the suggestion: he certainly hasn’t confronted it head-on. If he imagines that this end of the season will be quickly forgotten, he is mistaken. Cynicism is seeping into the DNA at St James’ Park. They will start on the back foot next season partly because of him.

“He has to gain the trust of the players,” Pardew said about Ben Arfa the other week. Maybe he does, but does Pardew not think the same applies to the manager?

Who would he drop?

I've a sneaking suspicion he might use more than 11 players during a Premier League season and Champions League campaign. Don't quote me on it though.

Guest Roger Kint

Who would he drop?

I've a sneaking suspicion he might use more than 11 players during a Premier League season and Champions League campaign. Don't quote me on it though.

So you agree in his first choice 11 he wouldnt get a game then. All you had to say tbh

Guest firetotheworks

Who would he drop?

So you agree in his first choice 11 he wouldnt get a game then. All you had to say tbh

First choice XIs don't exist at teams that are trying to win the league.

Who would he drop?

What, right this second, do I think he'd change his team with four games to go in a title race to fit this Ben Arfa into it? No I don't. Well done. I hadn't realised we were discussing an impossible hypothetical scenario as opposed to the possibility of Ben Arfa being bought in the summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/10764683/Newcastle-supporters-are-sick-of-Alan-Pardews-excuses-and-fan-power-may-force-Mike-Ashley-to-finally-wield-axe.html

Newcastle supporters are sick of Alan Pardew's excuses - and fan power may force Mike Ashley to wield axe

If St James' Park offers a vocal and prolonged no confidence vote, then Mike Ashley may have to accept a new manager is needed, writes Luke Edwards

By Luke Edwards8:46AM BST 14 Apr 2014 Comments5 Comments

Newcastle United have supposedly had nothing to play for since accepting they were well short of the European qualification pace, but had more than enough points to stay out relegation trouble. Not anymore.

After a dismal run of form moved into abject territory with the 1-0 defeat at Stoke City, Newcastle are playing to keep manager Alan Pardew in a job.

The statistics are grim. At times, the performances have been even worse. Poor results are one thing, dull, unimaginative football is even worse.

Newcastle have lost 12 of their last 17 games and have failed to score in 12 of those fixtures. They were knocked out of the FA Cup, at home, to Cardiff City in the Third Round and they have done all this while Pardew has offered repetitive excuses about injuries, key players more worried about being fit for the World Cup, bad luck and the sale of Yohan Cabaye to Paris Saint Germain in January.

They are all valid, to an extent, but completely ignore his own role in failing to spur them on and the fact he has, for three years, offered excuses and even praise for owner Mike Ashley, despite the persistent offence he has caused.

Pardew has moaned about the lack of depth in his first team squad, yet he has also publicly defended the failure to sign any players since January 2013. Pardew has performed the manager's role exactly as the owner wants him to, not the supporters. In keeping one content, he has gradually made the others resent him.

The frustration in the stands is boiling over. He is the only member of the Ashley regime that supporters can funnel their anger towards. They can hurt him, they can force him to lose his job, but they cannot force Ashley to sell a club he cannot find a buyer for.

Newcastle fans are tired of listening to Pardew trying to explain the team's woes. Anger and resentment has made them deaf, but they are not blind.

The Newcastle team is one-paced, lacks motivation, defensive discipline, creativity and is unable to play with anything approaching the sort of passion or style that is needed to win matches. There are limitations in the squad that Pardew has acknowledged and cannot entirely be blamed for, but the team is not trying hard enough - and that is unforgiveable on Tyneside.

There is lack of a creative spark, according to Pardew, without Cabaye and the injured Loic Remy, yet he ignores the fact he has fallen out with two players who could add that to the team, Hatem Ben Arfa and Sylvain Marveaux. Even a player he was responsible for signing, Gabriel Obertan, is nowhere to be seen, depriving the team of pace on the counter attack.

The players should not escape blame. Some of them have been disgraceful, their lack of appreciation for what it means to play for a club like Newcastle just another punch in the stomach, but as ever it is the manager who carries the can for their actions. He responds by blaming others in the media and, inaccurately, claiming he is without 10 senior players because of injury or suspension.

After just over three years of tolerating Pardew, supporters are turning in vast numbers. The Stoke game was the first time the discontent has been expressed at a match, but it has been mounting on social media and among influential fanzine writers for a long time.

The home game against Swansea next weekend is a pivotal moment. Pardew needs a win, of course, but if the home support abuse him, if St James' Park offers a vocal and prolonged no confidence vote, then Ashley, even an owner who has never seemed to care what the supporters think or feel, may have to accept a new manager is needed.

When fans turn en masse, a manager's position is untenable, because no team can play in such a negative and divisive atmosphere.

This is not a knee-jerk response to a slump in form and it is not, as Pardew foolishly argued on Saturday night, because the local newspapers have it in for him because they were banned in the autumn. It has been coming for weeks, if not months.

The Newcastle Chronicle may have conducted a poll that revealed 86 per cent of fans wanted Pardew to be sacked last week, but they did not rig it. The Journal may have written he is a "dead man walking" but it was their columnist, one of Pardew's former players at West Ham, Don Hutchinson, who said it.

You can trace the Pardew Out chants that emanated from the hard core travelling support on Saturday and the abusive banners unfurled at the Britannia Stadium back to 12 months ago.

Newcastle's players also stopped playing for him at the end of last season following a Europa League quarter-final defeat to Benfica. The team were almost relegated as a result. He did well to repair the damage and, at Christmas, the Magpies were talking about a top six finish again.

I was speaking to Rob Elliot in a club last night for about 10 minutes.

My God you can tell he's played under Pardew. He was having a go at the fans for turning after a few bad results. I said it's for months of shit not just 4 games...He wasn't having any of it. I then proceeded to tell him that we've not come back from going in at half time losing in what 70 games? He then got aggressive saying that's 'total lies.' I pushed him on it and asked him when we had then? He then said we did it at Charlton under him :lol:

He also lambasted HBA saying he's only set up at most 3 goals and how he's been solely responsible for 7-8 goal conceded! He said the players hate him and he has no work rate.

I kept telling him that this was Pardew shite coming out of his mouth and that he's been brainwashed. He honestly was like a Pardew drone.

Unbelievable

I was speaking to Rob Elliot in a club last night for about 10 minutes.

My God you can tell he's played under Pardew. He was having a go at the fans for turning after a few bad results. I said it's for months of s*** not just 4 games...He wasn't having any of it. I then proceeded to tell him that we've not come back from going in at half time losing in what 70 games? He then got aggressive saying that's 'total lies.' I pushed him on it and asked him when we had then? He then said we did it at Charlton under him :lol:

He also lambasted HBA saying he's only set up at most 3 goals and how he's been solely responsible for 7-8 goal conceded! He said the players hate him and he has no work rate.

I kept telling him that this was Pardew s**** coming out of his mouth and that he's been brainwashed. He honestly was like a Pardew drone.

Unbelievable

Fucking frightening.

He'd never be at this level if it wasn't for Pardew. Same goes for Woodman.

Jobs for the boy's boys.

Elliot can fuck off anarl, fucking League One shitebag should thank his lucky stars he's at a club far above his talent level.

A club that wasn't even willing to pay the going rate of fuck all for his services.

Guest Roger Kint

Who would he drop?

What, right this second, do I think he'd change his team with four games to go in a title race to fit this Ben Arfa into it? No I don't. Well done. I hadn't realised we were discussing an impossible hypothetical scenario as opposed to the possibility of Ben Arfa being bought in the summer.

It was an easy question. You are still avoiding an answer