Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That 5th place was a combo of good players, the opposition knowing nothing about those players, no injuries, no cup runs, a player being bang in form until January and then his strike partner being bang in form from January...oh aye and stumbling upon a formula that saw us win most of the matches in the last few months of the season...which was then completely abandoned.

I dunno why I'm telling you all like, you already know. I'm just saying it for the sake of it.

Shocking how often it's brought up though. Managing the French National Team to 5th place was the mother of all anomalies when you factor in his performances as a manger before that year and after that year. It is in no way the "Get Out Of Criticism For Free Forever" card it gets played as.

He will still be here, unless its gets seriously nasty for the remaining games...My thinking is, Ashley & crew are probably thinking, if they can just see out the season it will all calm down over the summer. Especially with a world cup to distract the fans.

I remember when Keegan tried to punt Shola twice, then Kinnear came in and gave him the 5 year contract ffs! Just coming to the end of that now. How embarrassing.

Guest Walter

someone send Elliott a link to this thread on twitter. What an idiot.

His twitter name is @the_dilsh btw.

i hope we loose every game left this season so ashley is forced to act. Only problem is i do not trust him to find a new good manager that is willing to lick his hairy asss as pardew.

Before selling cabaye our squad was really close to challenging top 4-6 but this was not the ambition.

I refuse to blame our players for this bad run. They have finally lost faith in our regime and manager. Why should they care if all their good work/effort is just ignored by ashley.

Its so obviously that pardew can do almost whatever coz he is mikeys boy - only the players can force him out!!!!

I've left a bit of a lengthy comment to that article like. I've become that person.

Good reply. Only thing I disagree with is the anyone but Pardew angle. Ashley is such a vindictive bitch, God knows who we might get next. Even with Kinnear gone it massively worries me.

Shola was in the club last night absolutely off his tits. He looked so happy :lol:

Course he's happy. Guy's rubbish at his job and getting paid a shit ton. I'm really good at my job and get paid his weekly wage in probably 2+ years. It makes me fucking furious :lol:

pay taylor shola's wages

Shola was in the club last night absolutely off his tits. He looked so happy :lol:

Course he's happy. Guy's rubbish at his job and getting paid a s*** ton. I'm really good at my job and get paid his weekly wage in probably 2+ years. It makes me f***ing furious :lol:

pay taylor shola's wages

:lol: pls i need

It's to be expected that from Elliott. When the message from the very top is that mediocrity is to be considered 'mission accomplished' then what does anyone expect from the players?

The very message we continue to broadcast is that of an ambitionless small time club. It's funny but when I type 'ambitionless' the spell check doesn't recognise it. Perhaps we should write to the Oxford English Dictionary and enclose a picture of our owner, along with some pritt stick. They wouldn't need to bother with a written definition. Might save them some time.

The new MD's address was one of the most limited, insipid pieces of communication I've ever seen from a leader in business.

I mean, how the fuck do you get on board with the tag line of 'bang average is just fine. Pound for pound'. What exactly does that address inspire? How on earth does that garner  a positive reaction? Even if you were desperate to point to one, where do you look? Well..................er......................errrr.............at least we're not aiming to be in the bottom 3.

Our club is toxic from the top down. Pardew, Lee Whatshisface and most of the players are complicit in that now.

I fear for us. I can see how this story will play out and there's certainly going to be 'relegations' involved.

Ashley is demolishing us brick by brick. Only he's leaving the ones on the outside of the stadium to last. Inside it's just a hollow shell and with a fair wind, it'll all come crumbling in, leaving him standing there with his spade wearing just a hard hat, nasty SD high vis and stupid grin. 'That'll teach them to take Big Mike on'.

That fair wind will be relegation next season imho.

I've been anti-pardew from day 1 but no matter who does the job, given the ridiculous limitations placed upon him, it's virtually impossible to sustain a competitive football team when you're constantly expected to sell players when they're at peak value, have low cost, out of contract or just plain defects thrown in your general direction and also be the face of everything from a PR perspective. Pardew is actually doing a General Manager or MD's role imho. He's certainly not doing a traditional managers job. It's no wonder he's fucking it right up.

The bubble has as good as burst and we're all standing underneath with our hands over our heads, our eyes closed in anticipation. The question is whether we get showered with glitter or week old spunk. And knowing how well Ashley handles recruitment (and everything else, thinking about it)...........I know which one I'd be expecting.