Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

Bollocks, the migrane is back.

I already quoted your bollocks over the summer. Calling me mental for suggesting Newcastle were getting away from long balls and trying to get more possession on the floor. Maybe you were just slightly blinkered during pre-season matches due to your hatred for Pardew and suggesting he would only do long ball. If it's any consellation, you weren't the only one who couldn't see our progression.

I couldn't care less if they play it long or short, what I want to see is chances being created and goals scored.  This still hasn't been rectified, so no real progression for me.

I already quoted your bollocks over the summer. Calling me mental for suggesting Newcastle were getting away from long balls and trying to get more possession on the floor. Maybe you were just slightly blinkered during pre-season matches due to your hatred for Pardew and suggesting he would only do long ball. If it's any consellation, you weren't the only one who couldn't see our progression.

I couldn't care less if they play it long or short, what I want to see is chances being created and goals scored.  This still hasn't been rectified, so no real progression for me.

Fuck off man, anyone can see the football this year is far more pleasing to see than what we have been serving up. We were labelled hoof ball merchants by many on here but we've eradicated that and whilst i even said in the summer we struggle in the final 3rd with the passing game, it's still the same now and needs worked on. This is down to Pardew to get the right players, in a formation that suits. So far it's been the 4-4-2 but it lacks any sort of cutting edge, we need to play the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system more often as this is where our success can really lie with Ben Arfa in the side. Plenty of work to be done but at least we are now building our attacks from the back and being more patient with ball and it's good to see.

Guest reefatoon

f*** off man, anyone can see the football this year is far more pleasing to see than what we have been serving up. We were labelled hoof ball merchants by many on here but we've eradicated that and whilst i even said in the summer we struggle in the final 3rd with the passing game, it's still the same now and needs worked on. This is down to Pardew to get the right players, in a formation that suits. So far it's been the 4-4-2 but it lacks any sort of cutting edge, we need to play the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system more often as this is where our success can really lie with Ben Arfa in the side. Plenty of work to be done but at least we are now building our attacks from the back and being more patient with ball and it's good to see.

Don't agree. I am still as bored as ever. There might not be as much hoofing, but we still create jack shit and when we do score, it's always shut up shop time.  Horrendous, tedious, dull football.

We were labelled hoof ball merchants by many on here

I love stuff like this.  The label was justified yet you manage to make it sound like people were being unfair.  We're playing less of it this season, nobody's denying that.  Still very often an eye-wateringly tedious and frustrating team to watch.

If Ashley wanted to upgrade and take this club to another level...why didn't he do it when he had the massive chance to after Hughton. That was the perfect sacking situation to give the fingers to those who wanted him to stay and bring a foreign manager with new ideas and a new philosphy in to this football club which i really wanted and thought we would do. Neeedless to say my anger and bitter disappointment when we ended up with this c***. But hey, he exceeded all my expectations of failure and relegation and got us in Europe something i'll always thank him for that as it came totally out of the blue and was a nice surprise.

I'm not limiting it down to English managers, it was just sort of a point of where Ashley is likely to turn if Pardew was sacked. Why would Ashley risk a foreign coach? He had the chance and blew it. It's become fairly clear he basically likes to have people around him who he can pull the strings with easily. For me he would never chance a foreigner in charge who he couldn't guarantee would do everything he says on such a small budget. I'm willing to place any amount of money were Pardew to go, Ashley would be side stepping again rather than making the upgrade this club desperately needs. Until Ashley is out i can't see us progressing further than we've already been.

Although i do want a foreigner, i'm not one to say he must bring this exciting brand of football that Martinez or whoever plays it either. Whichever manager is appointed i'd rather they played there preferred style than look to adapt to what others are playing. As much as i'd love that type of football, i know very few clubs play that way and we would be lucky to have it adopted here but if it's not to be, it's not to be, i wouldn't criticise the manager for not bringing it. Each manager has their own ideas and own way of looking at football. If their ideas were similar to that of Martinez/Laudrup then great but if not, at least get the right results to make me happy.

Christ, as a fan I want to watch football I like, not what a limited manager wants to play.

I love stuff like this.  The label was justified yet you manage to make it sound like people were being unfair.  We're playing less of it this season, nobody's denying that.  Still very often an eye-wateringly tedious and frustrating team to watch.

No but what was wrong was over the summer me pointing out we were trying to get away from it and play from the back and i was getting called all sorts for suggesting it and i've been proved right. If majority on here were blinkered simply by the hoof ball which was horrendous, they then simply stopped looking at us and simply labelled our manager to limited hoof ball.

We are lacking cutting edge in the final third and that's where our biggest problem lies and that's down to Pardew to sort out. We pass the ball well from defense and midfield, cabaye links well with tiote and the wide men but there's no movement once we get to a certain and things more or less breakdown. It needs major improvement but it's not say we can't yet manage it.

Sometimes i think why did we even bother trying to improve our game and pushing up the table when the players aren't getting much credit, may as well just be stuck in another relegation battle hoofing it long as the forums attitudes has hardly budged from that.

We are so dull to watch, I'm not sure how anyone can really argue that. Yeah we keep it more on the deck, but we aren't good to watch. We've always been disjointed under Pardew imo, we don't look a team, we seem to rely on the brilliance of an individual, there seems to be no attacking patterns.

No i totally agree, i wouldn't say we are good to watch but we aren't bad. Rather Krul looking for fullbacks then players come looking for the ball to feet than merely a hoof up top from Krul for 70/30 aerial dispute in favour of the defender. At least we are trying a different approach to our game to improve things and get more control of matches, it's just in the final 3rd where things haven't clicked yet and it's frustrating but it's work in progress at least. We know our faults and that;s why we are looking towards the likes of Cabella to link and a striker of Gomis/De Jong.

As if you can really take anything from the pre season games man :lol:

As for your "Ashley will hire an English manager", I'm not sure where you're getting that from at all tbh. We're in a very, very different situation now compared to when Hughton was sacked. Back then, we were a newly promoted team that would have to fight to stay in the league. Since then, we've been in Europe and made a half decent account of ourselves there. We now have a team of mostly foreign (mostly French) international players, whereas back when Pardew was hired, we had an English core in the team. If we were to sack Pardew, I don't think it's implausible that Ashley would turn to Carr and ask him who the best managers in France are that we could get. Of course, I'm not overly happy that France seems to be the only market we are looking at, but it would make sense to look at getting a manager from there.

We will never be fluid because Pardew wants to shoehorn players into how he wants to play his nega-football instead of developing a system that utilises the good players we have in their strongest positions. Sissoko, Ben Arfa and Anita as case and point.

This will NEVER change no matter who we sign.

Guest bimpy474

We were hoofball merchants, the word 'were' being the point. We aren't anymore but we are bloody boring and that is down to Pardew.

As much as i'd love that type of football, i know very few clubs play that way and we would be lucky to have it adopted here but if it's not to be, it's not to be, i wouldn't criticise the manager for not bringing it.

this is really starting to wind me up Brett - here's another way to look at it, so please do; the quality of our squad is easily top 8 in the entire country Brett

it doesn't fucking matter that scunthorpe, reading or millwall doing play carpet football, the fact is we should be and we should be ripping teams to bits on a fairly consistent basis

EDIT: sorry got distracted, so real question was meant to be if you accept we have a top 8 standard team/squad can you point to which of the other 7 teams around us play such aimless attacking football, and which ones sit back every time they have a lead to defend it with their lives instead of going to attack

i'll list them in case you're not sure

arsenal

citeh

chelsea

liverpool

everton

spurs

manyoo

newcastle

can you see the odd one out? :lol:

As much as i'd love that type of football, i know very few clubs play that way and we would be lucky to have it adopted here but if it's not to be, it's not to be, i wouldn't criticise the manager for not bringing it.

this is really starting to wind me up Brett - here's another way to look at it, so please do; the quality of our squad is easily top 8 in the entire country Brett

it doesn't f***ing matter that scunthorpe, reading or millwall doing play carpet football, the fact is we should be and we should be ripping teams to bits on a fairly consistent basis

As i've said quality doesn't matter, Man Utd have quality, they don't rip teams to shreds, Chelsea have quality, they don't rip teams to shreds. Yet Martinez had Swansea playing his way in the lower leagues with far less quality. People on here see other clubs playing a style they want to see and want here, don't we all but it's not going to be happening as you need the right sort of manager with the right sort of philophies to play that way and there isn't too many of them about which we found out. Unless you search around the world looking for one, and i'm sticking by it, something i believe Ashley won't do. That's my opinion and i'd love to be proved wrong but i just have zero confidence in Ashley to pull it off.

it doesn't f***ing matter that scunthorpe, reading or millwall doing play carpet football, the fact is we should be and we should be ripping teams to bits on a fairly consistent basis

As i've said quality doesn't matter, Man Utd have quality, they don't rip teams to shreds, Chelsea have quality, they don't rip teams to shreds. Yet Martinez had Swansea playing his way in the lower leagues with far less quality. People on here see other clubs playing a style they want to see and want here, don't we all but it's not going to be happening as you need the right sort of manager with the right sort of philophies to play that way and there isn't too many of them about which we found out. Unless you search around the world looking for one, and i'm sticking by it, something i believe Ashley won't do. That's my opinion and i'd love to be proved wrong but i just have zero confidence in Ashley to pull it off.

look at the question i added in my edit

also what i'd say about manyoo is they hired a negative fucking manager after ripping teams to shreds for 20 years :lol:  it's hardly in the plus column for pardiola is it?

EDIT: sorry got distracted, so real question was meant to be if you accept we have a top 8 standard team/squad can you point to which of the other 7 teams around us play such aimless attacking football, and which ones sit back every time they have a lead to defend it with their lives instead of going to attack

arsenal

citeh

chelsea

liverpool

everton

spurs

manyoo

newcastle

Chelsea don't go for the kill, Man Utd don't go for the kill, we don't go for the kill.

Jose is known for keeping things tight at the back first and foremost. When Chelsea take the lead they have the players on the pitch and on the bench to go and win by 4 and 5 but rarely do it. Jose would be happy with a clean sheet and winning 1/2-0. For whatever reasons he isn't letting mata, hazard, oscar, willian just tear teams apart, reasons for that i really don't know because they have the most creative midfielders in the league.

arsenal

citeh

chelsea

liverpool

everton

spurs

manyoo

newcastle

Chelsea don't go for the kill, Man Utd don't go for the kill, we don't go for the kill.

well i've answered your point about manyoo, chelski i'm not so sure that'll be the case once mourinho gets a forward he trusts

well i've answered your point about manyoo, chelski i'm not so sure that'll be the case once mourinho gets a forward he trusts

Jose gets let off because he hasn't got a forward he trusts when he had the options of Lakaku, Ba, Torres and signed Eto himself. Fucking hell the cheek to call Pardew when he has a choice of Remy/Cisse or Shola :lol:

chelsea have scored 15 more goals than us this season, in fact only spurs have a worse GD in the top 8 which is entirely AVB's fault in shipping 11 goals in 2 games or whatever....lo and fucking behold, another negative manager

so where are we then brett?  we have a top 8 squad, i'm sure we agree, yet we play the worst attacking football and have more or less the worst GD of all 8 teams

:mystery:

Jose gets let off because he hasn't got a forward he trusts when he had the options of Lakaku, Ba, Torres and signed Eto himself. Fucking hell the cheek to call Pardew when he has a choice of Remy/Cisse or Shola :lol:

i'm not letting him off, they've scored 15 more goals than us in 19 games :lol:

sorry if that doesn't fit your argument like

fucks sake i'm half asleep here and talking bollocks, i'm on about GD not goals scored

chelsea have scored 11 more than us, only tottenham have scored less which can again be attributed to a negative manager not utilising quality players in the right way - he was fucking sacked, of course

Guest reefatoon

Brett always bangs on about how he thinks our team is one of the best and most exciting Newcastle teams he has seen, so I really don't understand why he isn't up in arms about how mismanaged they have been.  You would think he would be going mental at how piss poor Pardew has them set up and how he shoe horns players into the wrong positions. But no, he seems gloriously pleased, which completely baffles me.  I just can't work the cracker barrel out.

f***s sake i'm half asleep here and talking bollocks, i'm on about GD not goals scored

chelsea have scored 11 more than us, only tottenham have scored less which can again be attributed to a negative manager not utilising quality players in the right way - he was f***ing sacked, of course

You talk the same when wide awake, i wouldn't worry about it :lol:

Brett always bangs on about how he thinks our team is one of the best and most exciting Newcastle teams he has seen, so I really don't understand why he isn't up in arms about how mismanaged they have been.  You would think he would be going mental at how piss poor Pardew has them set up and how he shoe horns players into the wrong positions. But no, he seems gloriously pleased, which completely baffles me.  I just can't work the cracker barrel out.

:lol:

f***s sake i'm half asleep here and talking bollocks, i'm on about GD not goals scored

chelsea have scored 11 more than us, only tottenham have scored less which can again be attributed to a negative manager not utilising quality players in the right way - he was f***ing sacked, of course

You talk the same when wide awake, i wouldn't worry about it :lol:

good comeback yeah,

such deflection

much avoidance

wow