Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What "exciting systems & styles" would you like to see?

well, styles - basically just something more fluid and attacking! More attractive which focus more on developing our own game than focusing on our opponents. i guess this have all been mentioned before.

By system i was thinking formation and line up. Personally i do not fancy our 4-4-2 or our 4-5-1 - not the way pardew is doing it.

This is what i would prefer.

Keeper + defends.

Yanga should be a regular by now. I agree Mike took his chance well. But for me playing Mike ahead of Yanga is not thinking long term. Yanga is so much better than Mike. Same situation with Shola ahead of Cisse. Cisse is lethal - i know out of form, but how can we develop anything in attack with Shola....its beyond reason.

And same situation with Arfa...he almost had 3 years learning arfa to play the way he wants....enough said!!!

midfield should be something like this imo. (Best 11) when in form.

Tiote

sissoko  cabaye

arfa                Remy

Cisse

or

Tiote  Anita

Cabaye

tiote, anita, cabaye, sissoko all work well in a 3 central midfield. Which should allow us to play remy, cisse and arfa.

Shyte read to be fair.  "i just want him to change" lol what the hell is that?  That is like someone saying they want Ameobi to be a good player overnight.

I'm through with getting annoyed with Pardew.  He is what he is, a shyte limited boring manager.  He just can't change that.  Unless there is a change of personnel.  It is what it is.

Shyte read to be fair.  "i just want him to change" lol what the hell is that?  That is like someone saying they want Ameobi to be a good player overnight.

I'm through with getting annoyed with Pardew.  He is what he is, a shyte limited boring manager.  He just can't change that.  Unless there is a change of personnel.  It is what it is.

The more pressure on Pardew the better.

Some of the defence of Pardew in here today has been cringeworthy, Bret get's a special mention for asking about English Managers.  :lol:

You lot just missed my point about English managers. I meant the style of play around the country in England, 90 percent of the country play this 'anti football'. I keep hearing sack Pardew and our next manager will get us playing attacking football but when asked for names i got Nigel Adkins and Billy Davies, so i'm guessing if he was sacked we want a foreigner as if that's the best these shores have to offer us then they can f*** right off :lol:

People say managers with a high level of class players will get their teams playing the right way of football but then you only need to look at our international side and see the football Hodgson is producing.

My point basically is if we sack Pardew and bring someone else in and he turns out to be a bog standard manager with no flair in his style, will you get behind him? If the results are positive but football is still on the whole rather plain and flat, will you be behind him?

A lot of people forget i was in your position with Hughton, i wanted him out, i couldn't give a s*** if he was a nice guy or not, he was a bang average manager at best and i wanted someone different to come in to upgrade and take us to next level. He got sacked and i was delighted, then we announced Pardew and i was absolutely livid but after the moaning and groaning realised this is the way it's always going to be with Ashley so may as well just put up with it, hope he does a good job and get behind the players on the pitch. Pardew has actually done a far greater job then i ever imagined him to do, certainly didn't see a 5th place finish and travelling around Europe with him in charge :lol:

Brett, please explain again why you're limiting the discussion to English managers? What's wrong if we got a foreign manager who is capable of building a team to play attacking football? I honestly don't get this whole discussion of English managers??

Guest bimpy474

Some of the defence of Pardew in here today has been cringeworthy, Bret get's a special mention for asking about English Managers.  :lol:

You lot just missed my point about English managers. I meant the style of play around the country in England, 90 percent of the country play this 'anti football'. I keep hearing sack Pardew and our next manager will get us playing attacking football but when asked for names i got Nigel Adkins and Billy Davies, so i'm guessing if he was sacked we want a foreigner as if that's the best these shores have to offer us then they can f*** right off :lol:

People say managers with a high level of class players will get their teams playing the right way of football but then you only need to look at our international side and see the football Hodgson is producing.

My point basically is if we sack Pardew and bring someone else in and he turns out to be a bog standard manager with no flair in his style, will you get behind him? If the results are positive but football is still on the whole rather plain and flat, will you be behind him?

A lot of people forget i was in your position with Hughton, i wanted him out, i couldn't give a s*** if he was a nice guy or not, he was a bang average manager at best and i wanted someone different to come in to upgrade and take us to next level. He got sacked and i was delighted, then we announced Pardew and i was absolutely livid but after the moaning and groaning realised this is the way it's always going to be with Ashley so may as well just put up with it, hope he does a good job and get behind the players on the pitch. Pardew has actually done a far greater job then i ever imagined him to do, certainly didn't see a 5th place finish and travelling around Europe with him in charge :lol:

Brett, please explain again why you're limiting the discussion to English managers? What's wrong if we got a foreign manager who is capable of building a team to play attacking football? I honestly don't get this whole discussion of English managers??

He's trying to keep it on English managers so he can excuse Pardew's shit football, i just dont know what Brett sees in Pardew, i really dont.

Guest Dontooner

I like how another poster compared Pardew improving to Shola Improving as a player. Its just not going to happen.

Just hope better judgement will rein in soon.

If Ashley wanted to upgrade and take this club to another level...why didn't he do it when he had the massive chance to after Hughton. That was the perfect sacking situation to give the fingers to those who wanted him to stay and bring a foreign manager with new ideas and a new philosphy in to this football club which i really wanted and thought we would do. Neeedless to say my anger and bitter disappointment when we ended up with this cunt. But hey, he exceeded all my expectations of failure and relegation and got us in Europe something i'll always thank him for that as it came totally out of the blue and was a nice surprise.

I'm not limiting it down to English managers, it was just sort of a point of where Ashley is likely to turn if Pardew was sacked. Why would Ashley risk a foreign coach? He had the chance and blew it. It's become fairly clear he basically likes to have people around him who he can pull the strings with easily. For me he would never chance a foreigner in charge who he couldn't guarantee would do everything he says on such a small budget. I'm willing to place any amount of money were Pardew to go, Ashley would be side stepping again rather than making the upgrade this club desperately needs. Until Ashley is out i can't see us progressing further than we've already been.

Although i do want a foreigner, i'm not one to say he must bring this exciting brand of football that Martinez or whoever plays it either. Whichever manager is appointed i'd rather they played there preferred style than look to adapt to what others are playing. As much as i'd love that type of football, i know very few clubs play that way and we would be lucky to have it adopted here but if it's not to be, it's not to be, i wouldn't criticise the manager for not bringing it. Each manager has their own ideas and own way of looking at football. If their ideas were similar to that of Martinez/Laudrup then great but if not, at least get the right results to make me happy.

Guest reefatoon

No, please don't explain again, I am just getting over the migrane of reading it the last time.

Bollocks, the migrane is back.

I already quoted your bollocks over the summer. Calling me mental for suggesting Newcastle were getting away from long balls and trying to get more possession on the floor. Maybe you were just slightly blinkered during pre-season matches due to your hatred for Pardew and suggesting he would only do long ball. If it's any consellation, you weren't the only one who couldn't see our progression.

Bollocks, the migrane is back.

I already quoted your bollocks over the summer. Calling me mental for suggesting Newcastle were getting away from long balls and trying to get more possession on the floor. Maybe you were just slightly blinkered during pre-season matches due to your hatred for Pardew and suggesting he would only do long ball. If it's any consellation, you weren't the only one who couldn't see our progression.

We're still negative irrespective of the long ball game not being as prevalent. And in any case, long balls aren't necessarily aimless hoofs. A well executed 40 yard pass is just as pleasing on the eye as tiki taki imo.