Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pards got the tactics spot on today IMO - the same tactics that saw us beat Swansea last year and win 4 on the bounce just this season.

The players let him down today, and the luck went against us and a bad referee too. FWIW on another day we'd have nicked this 1-0. Krul let us down.

Let's just get behind Pards and hope for a reaction to the end of this glorious run and a wave too.

:thup:

The same tactics that has been criticized by plenty on here even after four wins...

Everton winning at Man Utd makes it harder for us as they will be up for it more.....

That was absolutely typical Alan Pardew, that moment.

- "Alan, you travel to Old Trafford on Saturday, did you know Everton won there tonight?"

- (Quick as a flash) "No I didn't.  Ah well, that'll just make our trip there even harder".

:lol:

:lol: :lol: I was listening to his interview through the ears of N-O. Some proper WUMmery going on, the cunt.

Maybe my hate really has consumed my hearing because I could've sworn I heard him saying 'he' has fans :lol:

Yep, "my fans". :lol: Was just a slip of the tongue related to him being a thick cunt though I think, mind.

Pards got the tactics spot on today IMO - the same tactics that saw us beat Swansea last year and win 4 on the bounce just this season.

The players let him down today, and the luck went against us and a bad referee too. FWIW on another day we'd have nicked this 1-0. Krul let us down.

Let's just get behind Pards and hope for a reaction to the end of this glorious run and a wave too.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/758845/funny-gifs-wtf_medium.gif

The same tactics that has been criticized by plenty on here even after four wins...

I was going to leave that for tonight and bring it up tomorrow but the claim of sitting back "all the time" after taking a lead etc, I watched west brom-villa the other week, west brom 2-0 up at half time and the second half they got battered, was that because they sat back or two teams without a gulf between them and when one takes a lead the other has more of a need to attack a bit more (like the start of the second half tonight actually). i don't think we have tactics to do that constantly, we have done it at times and we've normally paid for it, but most times it's the natural way of things like we witnessed on the box at the hawthorns.

I was going to leave that for tonight and bring it up tomorrow but the claim of sitting back "all the time" after taking a lead etc, I watched west brom-villa the other week, west brom 2-0 up at half time and the second half they got battered, was that because they sat back or two teams without a gulf between them and when one takes a lead the other has more of a need to attack a bit more (like the start of the second half tonight actually). i don't think we have tactics to do that constantly, we have done it at times and we've normally paid for it, but most times it's the natural way of things like we witnessed on the box at the hawthorns.

:thup: :clap:

It's like the tides - there is nothing you can do about it.

You're leading a team 2-0 at half time? Well they are going to react and there is nothing you can do about it. Its nature.

You cant smash teams for 5 and 6 and dominate for 90 minutes in a league as tough as this. FWIW it's literally mental!

Yep, happened in one game involving 2 different teams that madras saw so we can discount it happening before our eyes as "the natural way of things" in almost every game under Pardew in which we've taken the lead.

:thup: :clap:

It's like the tides - there is nothing you can do about it.

You're leading a team 2-0 at half time? Well they are going to react and there is nothing you can do about it. Its nature.

You cant smash teams for 5 and 6 and dominate for 90 minutes in a league as tough as this. FWIW it's literally mental!

:lol:

Yep, happened in one game involving 2 different teams that madras saw so we can discount it happening before our eyes as "the natural way of things" in almost every game under Pardew in which we've taken the lead.

i used a recent game many would have saw as an example, you don't think it's natural that a team after going a goal down pushes on a bit more ? we saw that we did tonight got caught doing it but we did.

i used a recent game many would have saw as an example, you don't think it's natural that a team after going a goal down pushes on a bit more ? we saw that we did tonight got caught doing it but we did.

Yes but how DARE Swansea hit us on the break knowing we'd come at them? Should have sat back and defended. It's the ONLY tactic in football. Ever!!

Of course it happens to a degree but as usual you're treating situations as black and white, one or the other.

When we have a lead we regularly go from playing some very decent football indeed to not being able/willing to string 2 passes together, switching to hoofing as the only means of defending, sitting 10 yards further back, and generally inviting pressure.  There's no way it's a coincidence that this happens to the extent that it does under Pardew as you suggest, and I'm basing that on 20 years of watching football matches including NUFC ones and seeing trends rather than 1 game in the Midlands.

He's a shitcunt, nowt changed during the little run of wins.

Don't use your own eyes to judge things man. Just look at the league table and gan to bed.

Avoid games altogether and then check the score at full time, nodding with approval at 1-0 home wins. This is how I imagine Pardew supporters follow NUFC :lol:

The result is the absolute and nothing else matters at all times.

Guest Dontooner

1st game in months. Nothing seemed to have changed...

Credit to Pardew this safety first approach might keep us in the league for years to come but i can barely watch us atm. We are boring as fuck.

Like watching a turtle in a tank....

He reminds me of the time I smashed the bolt ring off my car's gearbox. Essentially couldn't go above third gear without being kicked back out into neutral.

He's going to limit what we are capable of. I know Ashley is too but Pardew is far easier to remove.

Manager of the month marra

Laudrup's interview before the game spoke volumes. Asked about Europe and injuries he just shrugged and said all teams have to cope with injuries and they were really enjoying being in Europe. That attitude plus their far superior football in general justified the 3-0 on both counts. Final scoreline and Laudrup's 3-0 win ratio over Pardew.