Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't blame Pardew for Cabaye leaving, if anything it showed how little power he has as manager here. The simple fact is Ashley and his pet cunt Kinnear run the show here and Pardew is just their yes man to have in the dug out. It'll be time enough to go mad at Pardew either tonight or on Saturday I'm sure.

LOL advertising them it makes no f***ing difference at all had he sat there and said yohan is not for sale PSG would still have bid its what happens in football.

Newcastle-Online cliche time - "It's amazing that this needs explaining".

What a load of tosh :lol: Of course it makes a difference if our manager is actively touting our players around every other week compared to when someone like Martinez says that Barkley and Baines aren't for sale. Hell, even when he said that Carroll wasn't for sale, we ended up with £15m more compared to what we're getting for Cabaye.

The idea that clubs like PSG do their scouting based on what managers say in press conferences is laughable. Cabaye is a first choice French international, PSG is one of the richest clubs around (as well as being French) and they only knew about Cabaye because Pardew said something in a presser? Do me a favour.

The idea that clubs like PSG do their scouting based on what managers say in press conferences is laughable. Cabaye is a first choice French international, PSG is one of the richest clubs around (as well as being French) and they only knew about Cabaye because Pardew said something in a presser? Do me a favour.

Quayside out!

Pardew's biggest embarrassment has been categorically saying Carroll would not be sold.  100%.

Then selling him

He's learned not to give those assurances now.  We've brought in Kinnear to talk absolute bollocks instead.

His truthful answers seemed less about offloading the player and more about avoiding a repeat of his earlier mistakes.

Guest neesy111

Pardew's biggest embarrassment has been categorically saying Carroll would not be sold.  100%.

Then selling him

He's learned not to give those assurances now.  We've brought in Kinnear to talk absolute bollocks instead.

His truthful answers seemed less about offloading the player and more about avoiding a repeat of his earlier mistakes.

He had to cover his own face this time, he had no alternative.

I would agree that what Pardew says makes no real difference in the final outcome when it comes to player sales or acquisitions.

I also have little doubt he would far rather have Cabaye available to him for the rest of the season, as ultimately he stands or falls by the results achieved on the pitch.

Then selling him

Pardew did say Cabaye wouldn't be sold btw, 2 weeks ago:

"I've seen £22million mentioned as the price for Cabaye, but it isn't our price. We don't want to sell him, of course we don't,"

Today:

"Fee agreed in the region of £20m"

:lol:

Those are still the best quotes he's made through this whole saga, I certainly prefer to read stuff like that, regardless of the final outcome, to nonesense like "he has really taken to it and it has boosted his confidence and boosted his value as well."

Guest bimpy474

I would agree that what Pardew says makes no real difference in the final outcome when it comes to player sales or acquisitions.

I also have little doubt he would far rather have Cabaye available to him for the rest of the season, as ultimately he stands or falls by the results achieved on the pitch.

That being the case he would have been sacked last season. 

Not really, that would imply every manager is sacked after every bad season. Which you know isn't the case, especially if they had a brilliant one just before.

I think he would've been sacked by now had he not turned things around this season - the 5th place finish bought him last season's failure I reckon.

Guest bimpy474

Not really, that would imply every manager is sacked after every bad season. Which you know isn't the case, especially if they had a brilliant one just before.

The performances were dire, not just the results. I would have scked for the bullshit he came out with, mind you the owner loves that trait in him.

I think he would've been sacked by now had he not turned things around this season - the 5th place finish bought him last season's failure I reckon.

Yep. Finish outside the top 10 this season and I think he might be gone.

Sadly finishing in the top 10 is the marker for success, avoid 5th at all costs.

The performances were dire, not just the results. I would have scked for the bullshit he came out with, mind you the owner loves that trait in him.

I agree about last season, but that doesn't really change the conclusion.

Guest bimpy474

Not so sure, i thought the shit football brought last seasons debacle. I can see his arse falling out now though. He'll panic now Cabaye has gone.

Yes. There's plenty of things that he does control to judge him on, and no shortage of judgement either.