Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is this sovereign state thing about?  I'd assumed it was a pardew comment about clubs whos owners have bottomless pockets.  But people seem to use it in the strangest of context sometimes.

Sarcasm.

But it did actually come from Pardew the way I assumed?  I've never seen the comment and people keep referring to it, always meant to ask.

Edit - Never mind found the comment, should have just googled it in the first place.

http://www.eatthedamncake.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/spectrum3.jpg  vs  http://f1simplified.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/white-and-black-half-diagonal.gif

It's impossible to argue with people that act like life or football is like the latter.

What is this sovereign state thing about?  I'd assumed it was a pardew comment about clubs whos owners have bottomless pockets.  But people seem to use it in the strangest of context sometimes.

Sarcasm.

But it did actually come from Pardew the way I assumed?  I've never seen the comment and people keep referring to it, always meant to ask.

www.google.co.uk/search?q=pardew+sovereign+state

Take your pick.

Loving the embracing of stats.

Keep it up boys.

That's the thing about stats. Anyone can use them to make useless but wankworthy points. Ironic don't you think?

I don't think Dave's point is useless or wankworthy.  It's quite illuminating but requires the context.

Percentage of PL games won by two or more

Bobby Robson 27/112 -  24%

Alan Pardew 17/112 - 15%

Prior to Pardew 14/112- 12%

While Pardew is not as good as Bobby Robson (who is?)  He is an improvement on the managers we had for 3 or 4 seasons prior to his arrival.  At least on this narrow criteria.

If he had won another 10 games over 3 years by 2 would it make him as good as Robson?  Nah.  I don't think it would even get half the forum off his back.

You're comparing him to shit managers who had worse players and again not taking into account evidence that can't be accounted for by stats, let's call it anecodotal, e.g. there were games we won by 1 goal under Robson where we totally cruised it and I can't remember many under Pardew where I wasn't totally shitting myself.

Keep it up boys.

That's the thing about stats. Anyone can use them to make useless but wankworthy points. Ironic don't you think?

I don't think Dave's point is useless or wankworthy.  It's quite illuminating but requires the context.

Alan Pardew 17/112 - 15%

While Pardew is not as good as Bobby Robson (who is?)  He is an improvement on the managers we had for 3 or 4 seasons prior to his arrival.  At least on this narrow criteria.

If he had won another 10 games over 3 years by 2 would it make him as good as Robson?  Nah.  I don't think it would even get half the forum off his back.

I wasn't talking about Dave's stats being wankworthy, I was talking about yours.

You're comparing him to shit managers who had worse players and again not taking into account evidence that can't be accounted for by stats, let's call it anecodotal, e.g. there were games we won by 1 goal under Robson where we totally cruised it and I can't remember many under Pardew where I wasn't totally shitting myself.

But he's a shit manager, it's only fair to compare him with other shit.  It's been suggested ANY other manager in the league would be an improvement.  Including Allardyce and Hughton.

Keep it up boys.

Alan Pardew 17/112 - 15%

I wasn't talking about Dave's stats being wankworthy, I was talking about yours.

Aww, thankyou  :love:

But he's a shit manager, it's only fair to compare him with other shit.  It's been suggested ANY other manager in the league would be an improvement.  Including Allardyce and Hughton.

Ignoring the idea that he's got a better side then?

But he's a s*** manager, it's only fair to compare him with other s***.  It's been suggested ANY other manager in the league would be an improvement.  Including Allardyce and Hughton.

Pardew has had more games than any manager since Sir Bobby, he's had a better opportunity than any manager since him to get us playing the way that he wants.

Did anyone read the shit he was spouting about how he had dignity like SBR last season? I really hate him, Bobby wouldn't have blamed absolutely everyone at the club for why we were terrible including unexperienced youths who weren't ready for the games they were being chucked in at. He had anything but dignity last season.

Here it is: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9055162/alan-pardew-reveals-the-dignity-of-sir-bobby-robson-guided-him-through-a-tough-season

Did anyone read the s*** he was spouting about how he had dignity like SBR last season? I really hate him, Bobby wouldn't have blamed absolutely everyone at the club for why we were terrible including unexperienced youths who weren't ready for the games they were being chucked in at. He had anything but dignity last season.

Here it is: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9055162/alan-pardew-reveals-the-dignity-of-sir-bobby-robson-guided-him-through-a-tough-season

Don't start that one again.  :lol:

Did anyone read the s*** he was spouting about how he had dignity like SBR last season? I really hate him, Bobby wouldn't have blamed absolutely everyone at the club for why we were terrible including unexperienced youths who weren't ready for the games they were being chucked in at. He had anything but dignity last season.

Don't start that one again.  :lol:

Has it happened? :lol: So much activity in this thread it's too hard to keep up!

That would be another reason those previous managers should be lambasted then.  Poor judgement of players and wasting of funds.  We certainly invested a great deal more on the pitch back then.  So those managers SHOULD have got more from the players they saw value in.

Pardew might have some better individuals.  But he doesn't get the players he wants when he needs them.  he has to make do with good value players when they're available.

That would be another reason those previous managers should be lambasted then.  Poor judgement of players and wasting of funds.  We certainly invested a great deal more on the pitch back then.  So those managers SHOULD have got more from the players they saw value in.

Pardew might have some better individuals.  But he doesn't get the players he wants when he needs them.  he has to make do with good value players when they're available.

He wanted and got Obertan, it's a good thing he doesn't get what he wants.

:lol: Come on man, you're comparing chalk and cheese.  How far were we going back again, which squads would you like to compare?  This squad is easily the best we've had since Robson's last IMO and I'm happy to compare it player by player to any other that's gone before it in the last 5-10 years if you like.  The squad's not entirely balanced but neither have any of the other squads been.  Not sure why you're bringing the manager's involvement in transfer policy into this so strongly when the argument is about resources at the manager's disposal and the performances and results of those managers.  Also you're living in a strange world if you think Shepherd wasn't dictating transfers in a way that contradicted what the manager was actually after, it's not like those managers had full control over transfers.

I just don't see any real hope of anything better than a run of a few good results followed by one or more really bad, and confusing, performances p. I see little evidence (except maybe parts of '11-'12) of the ability to put together a really sustained period of good performances and results.

Guest bimpy474

We could let Pardew buy the players, then we could have 10 more Obertans to go with our Obertan.

100% comfirmation Pardew a spacktard....60% of the time.

:lol: Come on man, you're comparing chalk and cheese.  How far were we going back again, which squads would you like to compare?  This squad is easily the best we've had since Robson's last IMO and I'm happy to compare it player by player to any other that's gone before it in the last 5-10 years if you like.  The squad's not entirely balanced but neither have any of the other squads been.  Not sure why you're bringing the manager's involvement in transfer policy into this so strongly when the argument is about resources at the manager's disposal and the performances and results of those managers.  Also you're living in a strange world if you think Shepherd wasn't dictating transfers in a way that contradicted what the manager was actually after, it's not like those managers had full control over transfers.

Pardew's average finishing position and points total is better than all premier league era NUFC managers outside of Keegan and Robson, so he is getting more from the players he has.