Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's not about the statistics anymore. Or results. Or our league position.

Regardless of where we are, or where we're headed, his management style is appalling. He's defensive, negative and tactically all over the place. Some games are lost by the time the teamsheet comes out, others are lost in the first 10 minutes in the way we set up and others are lost when we rest on our laurels and try to cling on for dear life to 'soak up' pressure. He's scared of seeing teams off and treats every other PL team like they're Barcelona.

He also comes across as a cock in the media and will happily lie down and take whatever s*** Mike Ashley feeds him, before telling us that we should all be grateful for where we are and what we have. Add in his treatment of cup competitions and you don't exactly have a winning formula.

It's not about expecting Newcastle to be higher, nor is it about some sort of bias against Pardew. It's about a poor manager who couldn't care less about the fans.

I've no doubt that if there were someone like Chris Hughton in charge, people wouldn't be complaining about where we are because at least you'd have a manager with a bit of integrity, wanting the team to do its best and become one of the best again. Although I didn't give him the credit at the time, Hughton restored a lot of pride in the club and made you proud to be associated with NUFC and want to keep going back every week, even in the Championship. He made the players feel like they were at one of the biggest clubs in England whilst Pardew makes you feel like you should be lucky to lick Emile Heskey's boots every week.

Norwich fans have had a Hughton Out campaign running most of the season.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hughtonout&src=typd

NORWICH!

Regardless of where we are, or where we're headed, his management style is appalling. He's defensive, negative and tactically all over the place. Some games are lost by the time the teamsheet comes out, others are lost in the first 10 minutes in the way we set up and others are lost when we rest on our laurels and try to cling on for dear life to 'soak up' pressure. He's scared of seeing teams off and treats every other PL team like they're Barcelona.

He also comes across as a cock in the media and will happily lie down and take whatever s*** Mike Ashley feeds him, before telling us that we should all be grateful for where we are and what we have. Add in his treatment of cup competitions and you don't exactly have a winning formula.

It's not about expecting Newcastle to be higher, nor is it about some sort of bias against Pardew. It's about a poor manager who couldn't care less about the fans.

I've no doubt that if there were someone like Chris Hughton in charge, people wouldn't be complaining about where we are because at least you'd have a manager with a bit of integrity, wanting the team to do its best and become one of the best again. Although I didn't give him the credit at the time, Hughton restored a lot of pride in the club and made you proud to be associated with NUFC and want to keep going back every week, even in the Championship. He made the players feel like they were at one of the biggest clubs in England whilst Pardew makes you feel like you should be lucky to lick Emile Heskey's boots every week.

I broadly agree with this assessment of Pardew's style TBH, he is overly negative for sure. Just not so sure about the personal stuff.

But how would Hughton (or a new manager) demonstrate his integrity? Just you know he has it? Because presumably he would have to operate under Ashley as well and say almost the same things in the media. I wouldn't have to say "this win is for Mike" etc, but he would have to respond positively to questions about his relationship with the board.

Norwich fans have had a Hughton Out campaign running most of the season.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23hughtonout&src=typd

NORWICH!

And? That doesn't negate what he did with us at all.

I'm not saying I'd have him back.

I never thought Pardew was good enough for Newcastle from the day he signed and that's never changed.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes. Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

I'm not saying I can't see the logic in this viewpoint, but it's so disappointing that these are your parameters.

It's just the situation isn't it? It's not a question about anyone's parameters.

You really would have made a fine Middle Ages peasant.

The French Revolution might never have happened with people like you around.

I never thought Pardew was good enough for Newcastle from the day he signed and that's never changed.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes. Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

I'm not saying I can't see the logic in this viewpoint, but it's so disappointing that these are your parameters.

It's just the situation isn't it? It's not a question about anyone's parameters.

You really would have made a fine Middle Ages peasant.

The French Revolution might never have happened with people like you around.

:lol:

Thing your metaphor is a bit flawed there.

I'm not saying if you want take action against the situation at the club you shouldn't do it. Knock yourself out. I'm saying that it's a fact that Ashley will have to take a decision about the next manager, as Happy Face said.

People really need to learn the difference between specific points and catch-all defences of everything in the world.

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes.  Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

Why would I care whether he's good enough for Ashley? He's not good enough for a club of this stature so he'll get called for it.

Because he's the man who will employ the next manager and he's been delighted with Pardew, he views him as the best appointment he's made, hence the 8 year deal. 

He's going to give the job to someone who he hopes can match Pardew's last 3 years, not surpass them.

Yeah I get why Ashley's delighted to employ a lickspittle, but I'm a fan so I don't have to agree with it.

Samuel is typical of the metropolitan media who represent everything that is wrong with the English game ; self-opinionated, over-hyped by the rest of the lousy London-based media, knows nothing about us and cares even less - as far as he is concerned, the PL begins in London and ends in Manchester with Liverpool as a sideline.

He is an overpaid, under-talented shyster and sums up just what I said about the national media being happy to see us run into the ground...they have never forgiven KK and SJH for dragging us into the national spotlight and displacing clubs like Arsenal and Spurs in the 90s...they consider NUFC to be a club followed by ignorant and upstart Northerners who should be happy just to be in the PL - occasionally.

He, and the likes of Barclay and Talksh--e can get stuffed. They are tat personified.

Can't agree with you there.  Samuel is a good journalist - he does write some rubbish (show me a journalist who doesn't) and can seek to be controversial for the sake of it, but some of his writing is very good.  Especially on Financial Fair Play for example.

I couldn't care less WHAT you think - if you think Samuel is a 'good journalist', you are part of the cultural cringe to the Southern media. He is a bloated, over-rated prat.

Still, I'm sure he'll feel better knowing that you agree with him....!

"There are people within the Football Association who think he has potential to be England manager one day.."  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Of course he has, he's the archetypal yes man.

Who are you a yes man for when you manage England?

Every premiership manager? The FA?

You're ignoring the details of my viewpoint to paint broad brush strokes.  Unfortunately it's not a question of him being good enough for Newcastle, but rather whether he's good enough for Ashley. Just keep shouting "stats" as if that weakens my position though.

Why would I care whether he's good enough for Ashley? He's not good enough for a club of this stature so he'll get called for it.

Because he's the man who will employ the next manager and he's been delighted with Pardew, he views him as the best appointment he's made, hence the 8 year deal. 

He's going to give the job to someone who he hopes can match Pardew's last 3 years, not surpass them.

Yeah I get why Ashley's delighted to employ a lickspittle, but I'm a fan so I don't have to agree with it.

The reason I have begrudgingly cautioned against strong opposition in the past is because there is very little that Mike Ashley has done or will ever do that I can put any faith in whatsoever.

We could mount massive pressure against each and every one of his managerial appointments we disagree with and see a consistently worsening situation similar to the relegation season where we went through 72 managers in 9 months.  We could see a far better manager installed, but then I believe that wouldn't last because anyone with any ambition, morals, skill or pride would be at loggerheads with the owner very soon, as we saw with Keggy.

Working for Ashley requires a lick-spittle, yes-man, prick willing to tow the line and not rock the boat.  Pardew is perfect there.

Of course, the whole fear of rocking the boat too much argument, in case of losing points, loses any credence once even the limited expectations placed on the manager cannot be even partially matched. 

The reason I have begrudgingly cautioned against strong opposition in the past is because there is very little that Mike Ashley has done or will ever do that I can put any faith in whatsoever.

We could mount massive pressure against each and every one of his managerial appointments we disagree with and see a consistently worsening situation similar to the relegation season where we went through 72 managers in 9 months.  We could see a far better manager installed, but then I believe that wouldn't last because anyone with any ambition, morals, skill or pride would be at loggerheads with the owner very soon, as we saw with Keggy.

Working for Ashley requires a lick-spittle, yes-man, prick willing to tow the line and not rock the boat.  Pardew is perfect there.

Of course, the whole fear of rocking the boat too much argument, in case of losing points, loses any credence once even the limited expectations placed on the manager cannot be even partially matched. 

The stability might suit Fat Mike but unless you are prepared to build on it then it can only go one way and that's down. Even if fans sit silent and swallow the crap being spoon fed to them, the better players won't hang around to tread water and aim for top 10. At some point in the 5 year 10 year plan you have to progress the playing squad and the coaching otherwise you will end up sliding backwards and relegation will threaten once more. Are you looking forward to next season?