Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest tollemache

Ok we'll have to disagree on that. Would you have dropped Torres or Shevchenko when they were out of sorts at Chelsea?  Both amazing players. Luque at Newcastle?  Incredibly talented player. Savicevic frequently found himself dropped for a functional midfielder at Milan.

When good players are off form,  unhappy or short of confidence they become ineffective. When average players are having a good spell,  they become good.

Again, for the benefit of the forum yadda yadda yadda. Now watch some nugget berate me for defending Pardew

Ok we'll have to disagree on that. Would you have dropped Torres or Shevchenko when they were out of sorts at Chelsea?  Both amazing players. Luque at Newcastle?  Incredibly talented player. Savicevic frequently found himself dropped for a functional midfielder at Milan.

When good players are off form,  unhappy or short of confidence they become ineffective. When average players are having a good spell,  they become good.

Again, for the benefit of the forum yadda yadda yadda. Now watch some nugget berate me for defending Pardew

:memelol:

Guest tollemache

Well there we are. It's taken about a page to go from people complaining about the childish shouting down on the forum to that. Bravo chaps.

Being dropped for Albertini or Gosling?...I wonder...

Guest bimpy474

Gouffran was far far worse than Ben Arfa and has been for the last 3 games. Ben Arfa won us the game against Palace with his cross.  After 45 minutes of terrible football with Ben Arfa being no worse than anyone else, although Gouffran was imo was much worse than him.

Tell me why is it Ben Arfa is again dropped. You know why, you know full well it's because Pardew has a excuse in Ben Arfa rather than fact the up to the facts that it was his tactics, and his own shitness are the reason we're so bad.

Guest bimpy474

Well there we are. It's taken about a page to go from people complaining about the childish shouting down on the forum to that. Bravo chaps.

Oh do shut up you massive tart.

I am loving this. "The problem with the 'facts' argument is..."

Seriously: are we debating whether or not we should be using facts

Are you going to answer my question or not?

No - because what you've asked for is a pretty wide-ranging summary of Pardew's performance - save to say that I don't think absolutely every single thing he's ever done at Newcastle has been s***.

Simple question for you: Do you think any other manager currently managing in the Premier League would have played Dan Gosling today whilst HBA sits on the bench?

Knowing very little about the exact situation regarding Ben Arfa, but knowing that Pardew wants to win games and would probably play him if he thought he'd help to bring that about, probably yes. Whether he's right or not, whether he's managed Ben Arfa poorly or not etc etc are all separate questions.

And now, because this forum is the way it is, I have to go out of my way to emphasise that I don't necessarily agree with Pardew on this.

:lol: it's s*** like this. Just say what you think? If you think playing dan gosling is correct then say it

Sitting on the fence when asked a very simple question :facepalm:

Giving a non-categorical opinion on something you have limited knowledge of  :facepalm:

I have plenty of knowledge about football having followed the sport all my life. It doesn't take a genius to realise that HBA should be playing and Gosling shouldn't be at the club. Simple as that.

If you really think it's as simple as that, your life of football watching counts for very little. Football is not Pro Evo.

Here again I'm going to emphasise for all of your benefit that I'm not necessarily defending Pardew's selection of Dan Gosling, even though the last 2 emphases don't seem to have stuck.

Although in theory and regarding most managers I would side with you that there may be more to his decision to drop Ben Arfa, going off prior knowledge and understanding of Pardew it is obvious that he is merely using him as his little scapegoat again and punishing him for a game that was lost by tactics not by someone who was subbed at 1-0 down when we eventually lost 4-0.

Unfortunately where Pardew is concerned, if it looks black and white, it invariably is. He's a clown and we all know it, he's beyond defendable and shouldn't be anywhere near the club. Graft over skill any day of the week.

Gouffran was far far worse than Ben Arfa and has been for the last 3 games. Ben Arfa won us the game against Palace with his cross.  After 45 minutes of terrible football with Ben Arfa being no worse than anyone else, although Gouffran was imo was much worse than him.

Tell me why is it Ben Arfa is again dropped. You know why, you know full well it's because Pardew has a excuse in Ben Arfa rather than fact the up to the facts that it was his tactics, and his own shitness are the reason we're so bad.

He just hates football man, any player who won't boot it straight at the strikers as soon as he receives the ball gets dropped ASAP.

I agree with the above.

I personally think Percy is so shiite, and sets up his teams primarily to negate the others before countenancing attack, that he can't get the most out of Benarfa and therefore....

Guest bimpy474

He just hates football man, any player who won't boot it straight at the strikers as soon as he receives the ball gets dropped ASAP.

Gouff is on because he runs around a lot, despite not actually doing that last week. Our only glimmer of hope, our only creative spark sits on the bench while Gouff, Cisse, De Jong and fucking Dan Gosling start ahead of him.

It's just mental.

Gouff is on because he runs around a lot, despite not actually doing that last week. Our only glimmer of hope, our only creative spark sits on the bench while Gouff, Cisse, De Jong and fucking Dan Gosling start ahead of him.

It's just mental.

Its like he's doing it just out of spite now.

Guest bimpy474

It's just mental.

I actually dont think that, i truly believe we are seeing how bad he actually is as a manager. He is being found out and we are the ones to suffer because of it.

Gouff is on because he runs around a lot, despite not actually doing that last week. Our only glimmer of hope, our only creative spark sits on the bench while Gouff, Cisse, De Jong and f***ing Dan Gosling start ahead of him.

It's just mental.

He would look bad if HBA were to prove him wrong now.

Guest antz1uk

I skipped the last 6 pages.  I assumed it's just trollemache being his usual attention seeking self.

is there anyway you can put someone on ignore so you don't have to read the crap they spout?