Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Astonished at just how thick Pardew is.  What good could he possibly have thought would come from indicting the local media as culpable in his pathetic machinations to motivate the team.  It would be obvious to a blind man on a galloping horse that all that is likely to achieve is an increased level of outrage and indignation from the local media, and the fans who had already turned will despise the floundering, nefarious shitbag even more.

His tirade of lies, the perpetually dire football, his headbutting adventures....could it be he is actually trying to get the sack, knowing he is out of his depth and seeking a pay off?  This, for me, is easier to believe than him being thicker than Jade Goody's clotted cream & whale spunk omelettes.

It's taken the press far too long tbh. Our recent form is nothing new, nor are the pathetic excuses. Why wasn't this done last season when he was doing his best to relegate us?

They weren't banned then?

Well, exactly. Pathetic really.

:rolleyes:

What's this in aid of?

It isn't 'pathetic'.

I won't sit here and defend the quality of journalists in the north-east. Save for the odd exception - they range from nothing-special to piss poor. Certainly when it comes to style and literary ability. But Newcastle United sells the Chronicle, so it's hardly pathetic that they shied away from alienating their exterior 'employers', thus endangering access to their biggest story.

As it happens, they were banned for some fairly innocuous and objective reportage of an obviously newsworthy event. Regardless of them previously upholding an agenda that left no wriggle-room (such is the nature of those in charge at NUFC) - to their credit, they've delivered some excellent pieces since the ban and have actually had - what I believe to be - a positive effect on the narrative of where the club is going. What Pardew said about the local rags and their influence on the supporters is actually true (not that I believe it to be a worthy excuse for our dismal displays).

Sorry to be touchy but I just think there's no place slagging off the press up there when they've had their hands tied in the past, and are now making a positive impact, now that they're unshackled. The entire fanbase is on their side so they can be a bit more outspoken - and they've maximised that opportunity with some damning articles about the state of the club.

I suspect it's actually worked out pretty well for them. It's completely back-fired on Ashley & Co in the process, which is an added bonus.

Guest neesy111

It is pathetic tbh as the chronicle in the past have been far critical than what they were before they were banned.

It's taken the press far too long tbh. Our recent form is nothing new, nor are the pathetic excuses. Why wasn't this done last season when he was doing his best to relegate us?

What's this in aid of?

It isn't 'pathetic'.

I won't sit here and defend the quality of journalists in the north-east. Save for the odd exception - they range from nothing-special to piss poor. Certainly when it comes to style and literary ability. But Newcastle United sells the Chronicle, so it's hardly pathetic that they shied away from alienating their exterior 'employers', thus endangering access to their biggest story.

As it happens, they were banned for some fairly innocuous and objective reportage of an obviously newsworthy event. Regardless of them previously upholding an agenda that left no wriggle-room (such is the nature of those in charge at NUFC) - to their credit, they've delivered some excellent pieces since the ban and have actually had - what I believe to be - a positive effect on the narrative of where the club is going. What Pardew said about the local rags and their influence on the supporters is actually true (not that I believe it to be a worthy excuse for our dismal displays).

Sorry to be touchy but I just think there's no place slagging off the press up there when they've had their hands tied in the past, and are now making a positive impact, now that they're unshackled. The entire fanbase is on their side so they can be a bit more outspoken - and they've maximised that opportunity with some damning articles about the state of the club.

I suspect it's actually worked out pretty well for them. It's completely back-fired on Ashley & Co in the process, which is an added bonus.

They haven't had access to the club for the last, what, six months and they're writing the best stuff that NCJ Media has written in years, having their front pages re-published in national newspapers and getting massive credit from the supporters.

I've said that this should be their approach for years, and always been told that I was wrong, and that what they were doing was what they had to do to stay alive. They're now realising (in a completely shocking revelation) that people want to read interesting and honest stuff about the club, not Steven "We'll do it for the fans" Taylor's latest interview.

Much like Alan Pardew, they never ever "had their hands tied" - they were complicit in feeding us the club's propaganda, right back to Alan Oliver and Freddy Shepherd.

This line that was peddled for years and years in defence of them - that "they need access to the club and can't risk having it taken away" - has been revealed as the complete and utter bullshit it always was.

What's this in aid of?

It isn't 'pathetic'.

They haven't had access to the club for the last, what, six months and they're writing the best stuff that NCJ Media has written in years, having their front pages re-published in national newspapers and getting massive credit from the supporters.

I've said that this should be their approach for years, and always been told that I was wrong, and that what they were doing was what they had to do to stay alive. They're now realising (in a completely shocking revelation) that people want to read interesting and honest stuff about the club, not Steven "We'll do it for the fans" Taylor's latest interview.

Much like Alan Pardew, they never ever "had their hands tied" - they were complicit in feeding us the club's propaganda, right back to Alan Oliver and Freddy Shepherd.

This line that was peddled for years and years in defence of them - that "they need access to the club and can't risk having it taken away" - has been revealed as the complete and utter bullshit it always was.

It isn't complete and utter bullshit. I think things would've played-out quite differently had their access been removed for them printing something scornful; instead of something ridiculously innocuous that got the fanbase unequivocally on the media's side.

I wouldn't necessarily say they perpetuated the club's rhetoric anyway. They just didn't lay into them. They actually invited the public to vote on how last season went, for a start. Not pissing off your big seller is obviously the safe option, but at the end of the day, journalists have a living to make like the rest of us and I can completely understand that safe stance.

I wouldn't necessarily say they perpetuated the club's rhetoric anyway. They just didn't lay into them. They actually invited the public to vote on how last season went, for a start. Not pissing off your big seller is obviously the safe option, but at the end of the day, journalists have a living to make like the rest of us and I can completely understand that safe stance.

Same as Pardew I suppose.

Guest firetotheworks

Banned access or not, there has never and will never be any ban on talking about NUFC and it's that that sells papers. Being up the club's arse and not telling it like it is to the people that buy the paper is a failure in their duty to be accurate in their reflection of the club. They've ignored how shit we've been for at LEAST a year and it IS pathetic.

Same as Pardew I suppose.

*Insert wrestling gif here*

I know what you mean. I just think it's a bit harsh chastising the local press when I do believe they've had their hands tied, in the fear that losing the club would have a severely damaging effect on newspaper sales. Especially now they're coming out with good stuff and are having a positive impact.

The more the papers stick the knifes in, the more the general consensus about this fraudster will inevitably change.

People love taking the papers as gospel. This is good for us at the minute.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, I feel like we should be practicing what we preach in terms of how the media have been used to do the devil's work, but I just want the cunt out so desperately that I'm happy to be a blatant hypocrite and say that the ends justify the means in this case. We've died by the sword for too long to turn our noses at living by it for once.

Does stick in my throat how they wouldn't hear a bad word about Pardew last summer. Wullie is right. They should have been twisting the knife there and then.

All to do with finishing 5th though wasn't it. I'm sure many who were undecided about him wanted to see how he fared this season to get a better overall picture.

Now they have their answer. He's an average cunt.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-pardews-129-second-press-6983960

National journalist: Are things harder when you are beaten by a goal like that?

Pardew: “Heh, yeah.

“It was a bit of a fluke goal.

“And the wind I thought caught hold of it which made it almost impossible for Tim to save.

“But you know it was, there was a call before that when we should have had a penalty.

“It was a turning point for us, because we need a goal.

“That would have been a nice opportunity.”

National journalist: You thought it was a penalty (Papiss Cisse was upended by Geoff Cameron) ?

Pardew: “Yeah.”

National journalist: The fans seem to be turning against you Alan is it something you noticed from where you were sitting?

Pardew: “Well of course.

“Four defeats as Newcastle manager...

“We have 10 senior players missing.

“It is a difficult hold to try to fill at the moment.

“Their frustration has boiled over a little bit.

“We need to settle it down.

“The way to settle it down is to get a win.

“Unfortunately it hasn’t come today.”

Lee Ryder: Do you think you will be able to win the fans back round?

(Silence for five seconds)...

Lee Marshall, club’s PR manager: “We won’t take questions from you today I’m afraid.”

National journalist: Alan, how will you win the fans back round, do you think you can do that?

Pardew: “The only thing you can do is try and get a performance on the pitch which gives us a chance of winning.

“I thought it was close today.

“I thought we had good character in the group.

“I thought it was an honest performance but we lack creative flair and we lack a little bit of ability in and around the box.

“Loic’s return, which I think will happen next week, will be important to us.”

National journalist: In a way are you the victim of what you did in the first half of the season?

Pardew: “Possibly.

“In terms of the Cabaye and Loic losses, it has made it difficult for us to create and dictate games perior to them both being in the team.

“But I can’t fault the players today.

“They gave the maximum as they could.”

Pardew: “Thank you.”

(Leaves rooms after 129 seconds)

Stoke tea lady: “What was all that about?”

:jesuswept:

Two players who we don't own.

The short-termism is fucking rank, if he didn't have had he'd get a lot more leeway too. If he had a long term plan beyond doing anything he can to appease Ashley and not get fired, a fair few fans more would buy into him and his ways but no, chopping and changing team/formation/playing style/excuse is far easier for this plank.

Guest firetotheworks

Begging for other clubs to buy Cabaye and then complaining that we don't have Cabaye. Cheeky prick.

Guest neesy111

Why do they even let them in there?

The game was away, so club has no jurisdiction on who is allowed etc in press room.

Guest bimpy474

Why do they even let them in there?

The game was away, so club has no jurisdiction on who is allowed etc in press room.

:aww: neesy

Could have gone so wrong :lol: