Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

There is nothing unethical about it, at all. If Elliot can run his mouth in public then people can rightly share it. This is ludicrous.

Depends whether you call it journalism or not I suppose, or the Mag a publication. If you think of it in the same way as just telling a few mates, then you're probably right.

No. He was in the home city, of the club he supports, to a fan of that club. Denigrating one of his team mates, and a club legend. What do you expect to happen?

Elliott doesn't support us.

Yeah that's a mistake on my part, I meant plays for.

Well.......

I was specifically not making any point about what Elliot said. I think it's extremely poor, and the '8th or 9th is our level' bit is extremely depressing. I'm a fan like anyone else on here. Obviously what he said about Keegan v Pardew seems insane, but then it's natural for a player to want to defend his current team, especially in conversation with a fan. 

If I come across as defending him then I'm afraid that's people projecting opinions onto me for what I've said about Pardew in the past. I don't mean that in a bad way, I guess it's understandable, but I do wish people could stick to a higher level of discussion.

Ever considered that there's so many people "projecting opinions" onto you, that actually its you that puts yourself across very poorly?

This isnt a coincidence mate. You have your rep because you express yourself in a way that comes across as defending Pardew, Ashley etc & have done many times. You come across as supporting/backing up things that are hurting the club we all care about.

Its nothing complicated or harsh. Its what it is.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly can't believe that you're still on your high horse after being so comprehensively wrong for such a long time. :lol:

Higher level of discussion, man. Aye, because "ambush" "off-the-record" and "hammer him" isn't utter hyperbole and has been chosen to promote high-brow discussion. Pleeees.

Ambush a guy on a night out then use the off-the-record conversation to hammer him in an article? Slightly dodgy IMO, even if you agree with the conclusion.

:lol:

Of course.

You don't think it's slightly unfair on Elliot?

An NUFC employee telling people in public that Keegan is a poor manager, not as good as Pardew and that 8th or 9th is our level? Aye, my heart bleeds. :lol: You don't say things like that "in confidence" man. He's as stupid for telling an NUFC fan those views as he is for having them in the first place.

Course he is, I never said otherwise. It's just a dodgy way of scoring internet journalist points, that's all.

Isn't it a way of trying to spread the word about the utter catastrophe of the current ownership and what it's doing to our club from top to bottom?

You could say that, yes. But the principal of how it was done still applies IMO.

What principals should the Guv be held to? He's shared the details of a conversation that took place in public. What's wrong with that?

I do think hoying them in an article and reporting it like news is a bit far fetched. Should have remained on this place for us to ridicule him. However Ian used it perfectly to his own agenda as usual. Thankfully people are less stupid these days and can see right through him. :)

I don't have any agenda at all, I don't even want to keep Pardew any more. I've no idea why I get such a hard time for it. I disagree with loads of people all the time, but I can still discuss it properly.

Why not just have "everything about Ashley, Pardew and NUFC is evil" printed at the top of a blank web page? This is a forum FFS.

Perhaps you need to change your 'style' then as you are winding up a lot of people on here by the looks of it with the way you are posting. 1 or 2 people getting wound up then you could say they are being sensitive but when you are antagonising so many people with your comments then it looks like you have an agenda just to be contrary and just to wind people up.

But surely you have to question whether the reaction is reasonable? I asked a question about how an article was obtained and here's 3 pages of abuse. That doesn't seem normal to me.

There was an implied criticism as to TheGuv's motives for publishing the article too, 'Internet Journalists Points' . That read very poorly.

I'm all for these raw encounters with players being relayed. It's all to rare we are able to lift the veil and see what is going on at our club, away from 'the Bishops' influence and insipid Premier League PR. Clearly people can apply their own critical reasoning to the material in question.

The reaction you felt is partly down to your focussing on how this information was obtained at the ignorance of what was was said. What was said is a far bigger priority for fans.

First, no point was made about what was said, very specifically. Secondly, I think what is a priority for most fans is irrelevant, we're allowed to discuss anything.

As for Guv's motives, I don't know them. Maybe it was a purely selfless act to expose how a current Newcastle Utd player wants to stick up for his manager. If so then sorry.

It's not the most ethical thing that could have been done

Thanks, that's all I was saying.

But you made no mention about how ethical it was for a club employee to be slagging off his team mate and former manager to a fan in a bar.

I know I didn't, I didn't mention a lot of things. I was making a specific point.

That's not very ethical either then. To pick faults with one party while ignoring the context.

That's just the problem though, I make a specific point and everyone goes mental thinking I'm trying to excuse everything that the club has ever done. It's better to just focus on the point in hand. If you want to raise something else, go ahead and we'll discuss that.

You said:

Ambush a guy on a night out then use the off-the-record conversation to hammer him in an article? Slightly dodgy IMO, even if you agree with the conclusion.

So you've stated The Guv ambushed him when really it was a two-way adult conversation. You've stated it was off the record like that should protect his opinion and that the guv hammers him as if unfairly or out of context to what he has said while really all you could have said is that it probably didn't need to be made in to article format (which i agree with)

As usual its the way you go about things, you've come across defending the player, his comments and his right to say them and not be held accountable for them. This is wrong. Just because you don't say something directly in front of a camera these days doesn't make it less valid.

He'll get an abnormal amount of stick for this due to the article, whereas it remaining on here then at least a few people could think differently of him and his stance. But either way im really past caring, if he's in favour of Pardew then he has to go, if he thinks KK is inferior to pardew then he needs to go in a white jacket.

What do you actually think of his comments btw? Do you support them?

I was specifically not making any point about what Elliot said. I think it's extremely dodgy, and the '8th or 9th is our level' bit is extremely depressing. I'm a fan like anyone else on here.

If I come across as defending him then I'm afraid that's people projecting opinions onto me for what I've said about Pardew in the past. I don't mean that in a bad way, I guess it's understandable, but I do wish people could stick to a higher level of discussion.

There you go again. 'Argue' 'Discussion' you hide behind these words when you've got nothing to back up your contrary opinion and it comes across really condescending (higher level of discussion ffs) This isn't the debate society, flip a coin for an opinion and defend it to the hilt.

I had you sussed years ago, you don't bother me any more, i just find it funny the same people who had a go at me for 'not giving you a break' are now the same people sick to death of your positing style.

Guest bimpy474

I was specifically not making any point about what Elliot said. I think it's extremely poor, and the '8th or 9th is our level' bit is extremely depressing. I'm a fan like anyone else on here. Obviously what he said about Keegan v Pardew seems insane, but then it's natural for a player to want to defend his current team, especially in conversation with a fan. 

Ever considered that there's so many people "projecting opinions" onto you, that actually its you that puts yourself across very poorly?

This isnt a coincidence mate. You have your rep because you express yourself in a way that comes across as defending Pardew, Ashley etc & have done many times. You come across as supporting/backing up things that are hurting the club we all care about.

Its nothing complicated or harsh. Its what it is.

He does defend Pardew, just as with Brett i don't believe it when he says he wants him replaced.

But you made no mention about how ethical it was for a club employee to be slagging off his team mate and former manager to a fan in a bar.

I know I didn't, I didn't mention a lot of things. I was making a specific point.

That's not very ethical either then. To pick faults with one party while ignoring the context.

That's just the problem though, I make a specific point and everyone goes mental thinking I'm trying to excuse everything that the club has ever done. It's better to just focus on the point in hand. If you want to raise something else, go ahead and we'll discuss that.

You said:

So you've stated The Guv ambushed him when really it was a two-way adult conversation. You've stated it was off the record like that should protect his opinion and that the guv hammers him as if unfairly or out of context to what he has said while really all you could have said is that it probably didn't need to be made in to article format (which i agree with)

As usual its the way you go about things, you've come across defending the player, his comments and his right to say them and not be held accountable for them. This is wrong. Just because you don't say something directly in front of a camera these days doesn't make it less valid.

He'll get an abnormal amount of stick for this due to the article, whereas it remaining on here then at least a few people could think differently of him and his stance. But either way im really past caring, if he's in favour of Pardew then he has to go, if he thinks KK is inferior to pardew then he needs to go in a white jacket.

I was specifically not making any point about what Elliot said. I think it's extremely dodgy, and the '8th or 9th is our level' bit is extremely depressing. I'm a fan like anyone else on here.

There you go again. 'Argue' 'Discussion' you hide behind these words when you've got nothing to back up your contrary opinion and it comes across really condescending (higher level of discussion ffs) This isn't the debate society, flip a coin for an opinion and defend it to the hilt.

I had you sussed years ago, you don't bother me any more, i just find it funny the same people who had a go at me for 'not giving you a break' are now the same people sick to death of your positing style.

Christ on a bike. Honestly don't know what to say to stuff like this, I'm glad I don't bother you though.

Of course.

An NUFC employee telling people in public that Keegan is a poor manager, not as good as Pardew and that 8th or 9th is our level? Aye, my heart bleeds. :lol: You don't say things like that "in confidence" man. He's as stupid for telling an NUFC fan those views as he is for having them in the first place.

Course he is, I never said otherwise. It's just a dodgy way of scoring internet journalist points, that's all.

Isn't it a way of trying to spread the word about the utter catastrophe of the current ownership and what it's doing to our club from top to bottom?

You could say that, yes. But the principal of how it was done still applies IMO.

What principals should the Guv be held to? He's shared the details of a conversation that took place in public. What's wrong with that?

I do think hoying them in an article and reporting it like news is a bit far fetched. Should have remained on this place for us to ridicule him. However Ian used it perfectly to his own agenda as usual. Thankfully people are less stupid these days and can see right through him. :)

I don't have any agenda at all, I don't even want to keep Pardew any more. I've no idea why I get such a hard time for it. I disagree with loads of people all the time, but I can still discuss it properly.

Why not just have "everything about Ashley, Pardew and NUFC is evil" printed at the top of a blank web page? This is a forum FFS.

Perhaps you need to change your 'style' then as you are winding up a lot of people on here by the looks of it with the way you are posting. 1 or 2 people getting wound up then you could say they are being sensitive but when you are antagonising so many people with your comments then it looks like you have an agenda just to be contrary and just to wind people up.

But surely you have to question whether the reaction is reasonable? I asked a question about how an article was obtained and here's 3 pages of abuse. That doesn't seem normal to me.

There was an implied criticism as to TheGuv's motives for publishing the article too, 'Internet Journalists Points' . That read very poorly.

I'm all for these raw encounters with players being relayed. It's all to rare we are able to lift the veil and see what is going on at our club, away from 'the Bishops' influence and insipid Premier League PR. Clearly people can apply their own critical reasoning to the material in question.

The reaction you felt is partly down to your focussing on how this information was obtained at the ignorance of what was was said. What was said is a far bigger priority for fans.

First, no point was made about what was said, very specifically. Secondly, I think what is a priority for most fans is irrelevant, we're allowed to discuss anything.

As for Guv's motives, I don't know them. Maybe it was a purely selfless act to expose how a current Newcastle Utd player wants to stick up for his manager. If so then sorry.

I think you mean expose how a current Newcastle Utd player wants to slag off a club legend, denigrate the fans and consign poor little Newcastle to their mid table mediocrity for which they should be thankful.

Of course.

See this is why people get annoyed. A snidey remark buried in that for no reason.

You can't be serious. I'm not allowed a couple of snide remarks when everyone else is allowed them constantly?

Of course.

See this is why people get annoyed. A snidey remark buried in that for no reason.

A snide remark hidden behind apparent debate.  :thup:

You said:

Christ on a bike. Honestly don't know what to say to stuff like this, I'm glad I don't bother you though.

Only death could make you truly speechless so i doubt your sincerity. :)

You said:

Nah honestly, I tried to write a reply but it's beyond me.

Guest bimpy474

You said:

Mrs Bimpy in a thong could take his breath away.

You said:

They'd have to use an anchor rope from one of the Shields fishing boats for that thong.

Of course.

Ok, so he's been well and truly sussed. Let's just get on with discussing what Elliott may have said rather than get sidetracked by him (Where's Trollemache btw?).

I'm actually a lot more worried about the club now if even some of the players are believing Pardew's bullsh*t. I'm kind of not surprised that Elliott has bought into it given Pardew brought him in but if some of the others have too then we are well and truly screwed.

The amusing thing here is how TheGuv has broken some journalistic code (which do exist, tbf) without even being a journalist.

As I said to SanToon, if you don't consider the article to be journalism or the Mag to be a publication or publisher, than that's correct. I suppose it's difficult now with so many sites blurring the lines between blog/opinion and actual reporting. I would have rather argued about this point as I originally intended :lol:

I would class it as more of a blog/opinion piece. If he was a journo it would be real bad form and he could probably get sued for libel due to lack of evidence. It's not though, so it's on the same scale as me using N-O as a place to say that Pardew is a fucking cunt.

Guest reefatoon

We need to back up a few pages when this thread was fun. Damn, it drops into the monotonous category fast when Captain Dullard spouts up with his "opinion".  You sir take the fun out of everything. . . . Definitely Mr Pardew.

Guest bimpy474

You said:

They'd have to use an anchor rope from one of the Shields fishing boats for that thong.

How dare you, a tugboat if you please :lol:

Of course.

Ok, so he's been well and truly sussed. Let's just get on with discussing what Elliott may have said rather than get sidetracked by him (Where's Trollemache btw?).

I'm actually a lot more worried about the club now if even some of the players are believing Pardew's bullsh*t. I'm kind of not surprised that Elliott has bought into it given Pardew brought him in but if some of the others have too then we are well and truly screwed.

I'm not that fussed. It's pretty clear that there will be some bog standard players sticking up for Pards because they'd never be at a club this level without him. There'll be plenty of the better ones who think Pardew's clueless, and they'll be off at the first chance they get. It really depends on whether Ashley believes we can survive another season in the premier without a proper manager.