Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting a bit heated on my Facebook wall, with some mackem......

HIM: Liverpool, Chelsea,man city, arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Man U... 7 teams that are better than you. So he's right. You should be around 8th at best. Prove you are consistent then start chipping away at the bigger teams. I never pipe up on these football related posts but sick of hearing deluded Geordies banging on. Get a grip. How many of you have a season ticket away?

ME: The season ticket argument is terrible btw. But I'm too tired to respond properly.

HIM: I don't think it is. I had a season ticket from 9-17, went to uni, came straight back and got another season ticket, but I don't feel the need to plaster shite on FB. You cant respond as those 7 teams are all better... what direction would you go in from there? You have no argument other than following the blame bandwagon (not that you have much to blame about being 9th). People like you give your team a shite name and its embarrassing. We are rock bottom but I wouldn't want to give up on Poyet. The media are also to blame, they spread your viral shite so I don't blame them for banning the press. rant over, probably won't post anything else on FB for a year.

ME: I shouldn't rise to this bait, but here we go. I - like most sensible Newcastle fans - would totally disagree with you at almost all of that. People like me? Listen, 8th/9th is fine if there was any intent to win a cup, or any intent to improve. Is it deluded or embarassing to have ambition? This board repeatedly tell us they have no desire to achieve anything. It's all about collecting the TV money and striving for mediocrity. Look at Swansea, Wigan, Hull etc in cup finals....why cant that be Newcastle? We should be aiming to be Everton right now (similar spending power etc) and, with Martinez as manager, we might've been. Just because it's worse at Sunderland doesn't mean everyone above should be happy. Different situations for different teams. Add that to Pardew being an absolute snake, spouting ridiculous excuses for his mis-management every week. That's why frustration is building up.

:lol: :lol: I need sleep.

Guest firetotheworks

So if we're languishing near the bottom come January and he gets some players in like he did last year, that'll be him wanting success?

His success is remaining in the league. That. is. it.

Probably true to a point.

The club don't value cup runs or a second tier European tournament because they don't generate enough revenue. They've made that clear. I'd bet you Ashley would bite you hand off for a bit of the champion's league money, though.

I think he wants us to improve, but in very specific ways, on very specific terms. This summer is the big test. He's taking a more active role in the club so here we'll see what his intentions are.

If it's just more of the same then I'll hold my hands up and admit defeat. No ambition, no desire to be anything more than mid-table.

If we invest then I'm sticking to my guns. Early indicators, with the upgrades to the academy, are that he's going to double down on youth and try to get the best out of kids as offering value for money. I like that prospect. It was great seeing the likes of Bassong and Krul come good. As a fan I find that exciting.

Isn't all of that just a fancy way of saying that his idea of success isn't the same as ours and by definition shows that he already has no ambition?

Getting a bit heated on my Facebook wall, with some mackem......

HIM: Liverpool, Chelsea,man city, arsenal, Everton, Tottenham, Man U... 7 teams that are better than you. So he's right. You should be around 8th at best. Prove you are consistent then start chipping away at the bigger teams. I never pipe up on these football related posts but sick of hearing deluded Geordies banging on. Get a grip. How many of you have a season ticket away?

ME: The season ticket argument is terrible btw. But I'm too tired to respond properly.

HIM: I don't think it is. I had a season ticket from 9-17, went to uni, came straight back and got another season ticket, but I don't feel the need to plaster s**** on FB. You cant respond as those 7 teams are all better... what direction would you go in from there? You have no argument other than following the blame bandwagon (not that you have much to blame about being 9th). People like you give your team a s**** name and its embarrassing. We are rock bottom but I wouldn't want to give up on Poyet. The media are also to blame, they spread your viral s**** so I don't blame them for banning the press. rant over, probably won't post anything else on FB for a year.

ME: I shouldn't rise to this bait, but here we go. I - like most sensible Newcastle fans - would totally disagree with you at almost all of that. People like me? Listen, 8th/9th is fine if there was any intent to win a cup, or any intent to improve. Is it deluded or embarassing to have ambition? This board repeatedly tell us they have no desire to achieve anything. It's all about collecting the TV money and striving for mediocrity. Look at Swansea, Wigan, Hull etc in cup finals....why cant that be Newcastle? We should be aiming to be Everton right now (similar spending power etc) and, with Martinez as manager, we might've been. Just because it's worse at Sunderland doesn't mean everyone above should be happy. Different situations for different teams. Add that to Pardew being an absolute snake, spouting ridiculous excuses for his mis-management every week. That's why frustration is building up.

:lol: :lol: I need sleep.

You made your point well, the mackem is just bitter and rightly so.

Ugh. I had a Leeds fan telling me everything was OK because we were top 10 and none of it was Pardew's fault on FB last night. Fucking owned him. Which is a shame because he's one of my best mates, or at least was, and I thought he had far more sense than to believe such tripe.

It's coming to something when the best argument that people have got is "He's s***, but it's because he's s***" :lol:

It is, that's all Pardew has on his side now, Muppets supporting a Muppet.

Yeah I still can't believe there is people out there defending him and pointing to the 5th place finish as evidence.

So two years ago we finished 5th, so what, that was 2 years ago, football is about there here and now and not 2 years ago. In two years there hasn't been single game where we have actively looked to attack the game, there hasn't been a single game where we can actually say we outplayed our opponents. In two years we have slipped from finishing ahead of a team who went on the win the CL a few weeks later too just struggling to survive and now looking like we are going to drop out of the top 10 after it all was but tied up. We have failed to capitalise upon the demise of Man Utd of which strikers aside we arguably have a better squad, we have let the likes of Everton, and even Southampton who weren't even in the Premiership the year we finished 5th now ahead of us. This is all with arguably a better squad.

The managers tactics literally are 'Let Krul hit it long to the forward and hope', when things are going against us no changes are made until the last few minutes of a match when the match is already lost, even then it is just to bring on Shola.

The only really creative player we have in the side is left out because "he doesn't track back", nor does fucking Shola yet he still plays. He actively tried selling Cabaye yet knew he wasn't going to get a replacement, he comes out with reasons to why we lost 2-3 days BEFORE the match has even been played. Remy our top goal scorer is left out of matches to keep him fit for the world cup and so he doesn't get injured ahead of move that probably isn't even to us.

The man has came up with every excuse there is as to why we didn't win, "We played in midweek so were tied", "We didn't have a game in midweek to get our energy levels up", "We didn't have Cabaye", "Ben Arfa didn't track back", "We can't compete with such and such club", "The fans got to the players, it's down to the press" "I'm not going to say Geordies are stupid but......".

All the while this guy is pushing the linesman on the touchline, calling an opposing manager "an old cunt", and worst of lot head butting a player of the opposition.

The fears were raised when he first came about his tactics and actually ability, he pulled off a few good performances in his first season however there were signs of the problems that we first feared, since then it's been down hill. Krul, Tiote, and possibly Anita aside all of our players are naturally attacking minded players, they naturally either want to run at defenced or play great pass to open up defences. However this guy has us passing backwards to Krul and if we are lucky to not pass it backwards then it's sideways. He a grained it into these players minds to not show any attacking intent.

This guy tries to act the big man by bullying Ben Arfa (the fans favourite), pushing about match officials, calling other managers, and even head butting another player, however he's a slime ball coward who can't accept that he's the one to blame, now the tide has turned and he's the one being called a cunt and he doesn't like it.

I just remembered that it was reported after his first game (the win over Liverpool) that his team talk was essentially "I know I don't have your respect so don't do it for me." I also think he said something during the post-match interview about having the previous manager's squad and the previous manager's tactics.

It's hard to believe that that was the same person as the delusional egomaniac we have now. Looking back, I think I'm getting a feel for what sort of personality Pardew is.

He starts out at places with a good attitude, thinking "it'll be different this time." Knuckles down, works hard, doesn't make it about him and keeps the players onside.

Then once he starts overachieving and things look good his ego kicks in again. He begins to fiddle with the tactics and starts antagonizing the players.

Eventually results go sour (because he's shit at fiddling with tactics), he starts blaming everyone but himself, the players turn on him, and everything goes to hell.

Poor bastard just can't escape his own massive ego, can't stop himself from fucking it up every time.

Hopefully the end is near and he can go fuck up elsewhere now.

The club don't value cup runs or a second tier European tournament because they don't generate enough revenue. They've made that clear. I'd bet you Ashley would bite you hand off for a bit of the champion's league money, though.

I think he wants us to improve, but in very specific ways, on very specific terms. This summer is the big test. He's taking a more active role in the club so here we'll see what his intentions are.

If it's just more of the same then I'll hold my hands up and admit defeat. No ambition, no desire to be anything more than mid-table.

If we invest then I'm sticking to my guns. Early indicators, with the upgrades to the academy, are that he's going to double down on youth and try to get the best out of kids as offering value for money. I like that prospect. It was great seeing the likes of Bassong and Krul come good. As a fan I find that exciting.

How many fucking transfer windows do you need ffs? :lol:

Haven't people been saying "This summer/winter is the big test" for about 4 or 5 years now? And we've consistently done fuck all. I guess we'll do fuck all this summer beyond the bare minimum, then you'll be back on here telling us that January is the big test.

Grow a spine and stop letting Ashley constantly ream you in the ass.

How many fucking transfer windows do you need ffs? :lol:

Haven't people been saying "This summer/winter is the big test" for about 4 or 5 years now? And we've consistently done fuck all. I guess we'll do fuck all this summer beyond the bare minimum, then you'll be back on here telling us that January is the big test.

Grow a spine and stop letting Ashley constantly ream you in the ass.

Ashley isn't much of a giver, more of a taker. I do most of the of the reaming. And that's, of course, the only reason I'm not stood outside his house with a burning torch.

Bang on about me saying the same thing every window too, mind.

Fucking yawn.

Guest zicomartin

This is probably the wrong place for this...

But does anybody else see the stupidity in offering a bonus based on table position... Surely a points based bonus would be worth it for everybody, MA included.

Players would then truly 'play for the money', as they apparently do anyway.  None of this slacking off, assuming they are safe for tenth place, like the outsider relegation candidates seem to when five points clear of the drop zone.

These are young lads with way too much money in their pockets, it's no surprise that they think they are all invincible, right?

The manager appears to be of the same mentality as the players.

Guest zicomartin

Yeah, but MA gets paid per position, not for 10th or better.  It's just nuts, we've fucked up just cos the team in 11th is so shit.

So if we're languishing near the bottom come January and he gets some players in like he did last year, that'll be him wanting success?

Agreed. A more sensible management structure is in place for making decisions, Pardew must know who needs to go and where the team needs strengthening, and there should be some money to spend. There are opportunities to kick on.

Which is why I find the current level of hostility a bit frustrating. It's come at the wrong time. Under Ashley we've seen very active transfer windows, and we've seen very quiet ones. This one will be a good indication of his thinking.

Agreed. A more sensible management structure is in place for making decisions, Pardew must know who needs to go and where the team needs strengthening

If you believe that bit then you need help. Or you're a massive WUM. This bloke bought Obertan and Rob Elliott for Christ's sake.

However, Pardew, looking for substantial investment in the club’s squad this summer, is adamant that the club can be more competitive next season with the addition of a number of “flair” players, possibly at the expense of Ben Arfa.

:lol:

Any flair players he signs will be on the bench for first 3 month anyway so waste of time.

Agreed. A more sensible management structure is in place for making decisions, Pardew must know who needs to go and where the team needs strengthening

If you believe that bit then you need help. Or you're a massive WUM. This bloke bought Obertan and Rob Elliott for Christ's sake.

If Pardew is making decisions on transfers we will end up with Colback, Bardsley, Tomkins and probably a few other bang average players.

It also implies that Ashley doesn't want us to succeed.

The theory goes he just wants to use us as a vehicle to push Sports Direct. I'm sure he does like the free advertisng. But the better we do, the more exposure he gets.

What marketing genius wants their brand associated with the football team that gets humped every week? Or at best achieves mid-table stability.

Moreover, there are much cheaper ways to buy that advertising. He could have put the same fucking banners up all over SJP or any other ground for a fraction of what it cost to buy the club.

It doesn't. Make. Sense.

Ahh. Another one that doesn't understand advertising. Next you'll be saying 'yeah but have you ever watched a car advert and then just gone out and bought that car?'.

We've been having the conversation about Ashley's motives for the club for years as well. Long term exposure  (ie 15 years) for his brand would have cost him there or thereabouts what he's spent. This way he gets SD anywhere and everywhere he wants, plus the extra column inches and mentions of SD anytime we're reported on. It makes perfect sense.

This summer is the big test. He's taking a more active role in the club so here we'll see what his intentions are.

:lol: No fucking way, man.

Guest neesy111

However, Pardew, looking for substantial investment in the club’s squad this summer, is adamant that the club can be more competitive next season with the addition of a number of “flair” players, possibly at the expense of Ben Arfa.

:lol:

Wow.