Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So a 'fan' of a team whose last 2 managers have been Hughton and Pardew turns his nose up to David Moyes. Honestly, I hate how rubbish our fanbase has become.

:lol: Incredible really, considering JFK was a huge possibility until he f***ed up the Cabaye fee.

Only finished above Pards once as Everton boss

Only finished above 5th once. :lol:

Would snap my own hands off for Moyes, to be honest. He's a better manager than Martinez, in my book, who's still got a lot to prove.

Whoah there, non-fashionable opinion alert.

Get over yourself, Ian :lol:

:lol:

I wasn't having a go there, just thought it was a brave post.

So a 'fan' of a team whose last 2 managers have been Hughton and Pardew turns his nose up to David Moyes. Honestly, I hate how rubbish our fanbase has become. Deluded.

Fuck off with that bullshit Ronaldo.

Its not about being deluded, its about looking a little further than your nose tip when employing the man to guide us forward.

Its no use discussing it, so sorry for being a rubbish fan, who have a different opinion than you  :lol:

Would snap my own hands off for Moyes, to be honest. He's a better manager than Martinez, in my book, who's still got a lot to prove.

Damn straight. I'm sure the point's been made on here before but Martinez has inherited an absolutely fantastic spine and foundation that was laid by Moyes, particularly defensively. Martinez may well be better but he's not really proven it over a period of time, my sneaking suspicion is that when it comes to him having to buy his own defenders then his teams will struggle more.

Edit: I think someone like Moyes is actually a better fit for us in our current state than someone like Martinez. He'd drill a great attitude into the team and help build a platform for someone else to take on when it comes to challenging for the higher levels. Moyes has a ceiling as he's limited by his attitude. Martinez is much more positive and has ideals that are a better fit for more ambitious sides, I'm just unsure he really has the proper skills to bring it all together, that's something he's yet to prove.

Damn straight. I'm sure the point's been made on here before but Martinez has inherited an absolutely fantastic spine and foundation that was laid by Moyes, particularly defensively. Martinez may well be better but he's not really proven it over a period of time, my sneaking suspicion is that when it comes to him having to buy his own defenders then his teams will struggle more.

I think Martinez is class but the spine of loan players he has is a major problem for the summer. Be interesting to see how far they're prepared to go to sustain their success.

Anyway, Pardew.

I think Martinez is class but the spine of loan players he has is a major problem for the summer. Be interesting to see how far they're prepared to go to sustain their success.

Anyway, Pardew.

Is a gobshite.

Is there anything more uninspiring than Moyes/Pulis to Nufc?

Yeah, i know the idea of Pardew staying is worse.

But fuck me, both cunts i mentioned is two negative dinosaurs and the personification of everything that is wrong with English football.

I know you pretty much want anyone except Pardew, but come on.

Absolutely incredible. Judging Moyes on one season makes you no better than the arseholes who bring up Pardew finishing 5th.

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time. They played pretty dogged football for most of that time, although to be fair, they looked good last season. His failure at Man U though has shown his limitations. Football has moved on, and so have Everton. That's what we need to do as well.

We played pretty dogged football at the start of his tenure because of the incredible amount of shite we had on our books. He took a team which regularly included Big Dunc, Marcus Bent, Carsley, Kilbane, Pistone, Weir and Stubbs (to name just a few) to 4th. Did we play pretty football? Occasionally, not regularly. And it was exactly the right thing to do given we didn't have a pot to piss in and were stuck with generally poor players.

He then recognised that if we were to progress - or even maintain our standards in the face of several teams with infinitely superior spending power - we need to buy better footballers but smartly, with Pienaar and Arteta being the 2 prime examples. This pattern continued as the years went by, albeit we were again limited due to a distinct lack of funds. It's not just last season we started playing better, we've been improving aesthetically for the past 6 or 7 years.

His problem, as was the case throughout his time here, was his mentality. His actual acquisitions improved in terms of footballing quality and we more regularly played better football, but in the crunch moments he was let down by a lack of bottle and having to settle for 1 point when we should have got 3. This is what Martinez has changed.

I think Moyes would be a good appointment for you, if that does transpire. He's obviously a million times better than Pardew and I'm pretty confident he'd get you challenging for the European positions. While I wouldn't expect people to be lining the streets in celebration upon his hypothetical appointment, the question you have to ask yourself is who better would you realistically get in this summer? Your assertion that football has moved on is a bit OTT but I can see what you're getting at; but that's all well and good in an idealist world. I think Moyes would represent a very good move, if he were interested.

:thup: I honestly cannot remember ever hearing Everton being described as a defensive or boring team during his tenture, only since Martinez took over and Moyes' is failing at Man Utd.

For real?  :lol:

Same shit as Pardew, but Moyes was better at it AND was able to bring in the right players for it, unlike Pardew.

If we get Moyes, we can sack Carr.

I would kill to have David Moyes here.

No more humpings from the mackems and a massive step up from the fraud we currently have in charge.

Given his track record of doing well on a tight Budget he'd be perfect for us imo

If Moyes gets the sack, I'd be wary of taking him on right away. He's had a very bruising year and might need time to recharge his batteries.

I quite like the cut of Uwe Rosler's jib.

Anyway, for richer or poorer, I'm pretty sure we'll have Pards for one more season.

Guest firetotheworks

Is there anything more uninspiring than Moyes/Pulis to Nufc?

Yeah, i know the idea of Pardew staying is worse.

But f*** me, both c***s i mentioned is two negative dinosaurs and the personification of everything that is wrong with English football.

I know you pretty much want anyone except Pardew, but come on.

Absolutely incredible. Judging Moyes on one season makes you no better than the arseholes who bring up Pardew finishing 5th.

Not many people are judging Moyes on one season, he was at Everton a long time. They played pretty dogged football for most of that time, although to be fair, they looked good last season. His failure at Man U though has shown his limitations. Football has moved on, and so have Everton. That's what we need to do as well.

We played pretty dogged football at the start of his tenure because of the incredible amount of s**** we had on our books. He took a team which regularly included Big Dunc, Marcus Bent, Carsley, Kilbane, Pistone, Weir and Stubbs (to name just a few) to 4th. Did we play pretty football? Occasionally, not regularly. And it was exactly the right thing to do given we didn't have a pot to p*ss in and were stuck with generally poor players.

He then recognised that if we were to progress - or even maintain our standards in the face of several teams with infinitely superior spending power - we need to buy better footballers but smartly, with Pienaar and Arteta being the 2 prime examples. This pattern continued as the years went by, albeit we were again limited due to a distinct lack of funds. It's not just last season we started playing better, we've been improving aesthetically for the past 6 or 7 years.

His problem, as was the case throughout his time here, was his mentality. His actual acquisitions improved in terms of footballing quality and we more regularly played better football, but in the crunch moments he was let down by a lack of bottle and having to settle for 1 point when we should have got 3. This is what Martinez has changed.

I think Moyes would be a good appointment for you, if that does transpire. He's obviously a million times better than Pardew and I'm pretty confident he'd get you challenging for the European positions. While I wouldn't expect people to be lining the streets in celebration upon his hypothetical appointment, the question you have to ask yourself is who better would you realistically get in this summer? Your assertion that football has moved on is a bit OTT but I can see what you're getting at; but that's all well and good in an idealist world. I think Moyes would represent a very good move, if he were interested.

:thup: I honestly cannot remember ever hearing Everton being described as a defensive or boring team during his tenture, only since Martinez took over and Moyes' is failing at Man Utd.

For real?  :lol:

Same s*** as Pardew, but Moyes was better at it AND was able to bring in the right players for it, unlike Pardew.

If we get Moyes, we can sack Carr.

So, just to get this straight, you would only get rid of Pardew if we got someone that was massively better? And that isn't David Moyes? A manager that had Everton consistently near the top of the table on a limited budget?

You do realise that pretty much anyone in the Premier League is a massive improvement on Pardew, aye? They're NOTHING alike, just ask Neil or any other Everton fan what they think of Moyes. Meanwhile ask any NUFC fan, including yourself what they/you think of Pardew and then look at where Everton Finished, the way he had them playing towards the end of his tenure and then ask yourself the question "Would I take Moyes?" then, if the answer is anything other than "Fucking hell, of course I would, and we'd be incredibly lucky to get him here!" then you should be very, very ashamed of yourself.