Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The thing is,  if the fans make it clear that Pardew is unwanted,  I reckon Ashley would see that as a plus point. He has had no real interest in keeping the fans onside since Keegan.

He might not like Newcastle fans much, but he'll want to keep them onside if only so he can continue to stay out of the way. Why would he want to attract negative attention for himself or Sports Direct?

Guest thenorthumbrian

If Pardew had a sliver of wit or class about him I might not despise the man so much. No manager of any quality would be so happy to be Ashley's whipping boy.

From todays Fiver -

THE PARDIOLA WAY

The Fiver likes to think that the pilot of the plane taking Newcastle United back from London last night landed about halfway through the journey – around, say, the hamlet of Hole Bottom in North Yorkshire – then alighted from his aircraft and wandered aimlessly around a field for several hours, pausing occasionally to sample berries or tread in cowpat. We also like to think that when a bemused Alan Pardew accosted him to ask just what the hell he was playing at, the pilot, showing a cavalier disregard for the risk of headbuttery, replied: "I tried to give my best, I think I did OK." For that is how Pardew accounted for his team's unscheduled amble around the Emirates last night, after which Newcastle were left with a sixth straight defeat and a 14th loss from their last 19 league matches.

"All I can do is get my team in the best possible place," pleaded Pardew as many members of the Toon Army put their tops on in a traditional Geordie display of disgust. "We could have copped harm tonight when we were 2-0 down but we came out with our dignity still there," claimed the manager, whose novel attempt to find a positive in his side's 3-0 defeat showed that Newcastle are not entirely devoid of creativity. Newcastle's two most inventive players this season, meanwhile, were not present, Yohan Cabaye having been sold to Paris Saint-Germain as soon as Mike Ashley was satisfied that mid-table irrelevance had been secured, and Hatem Ben Arfa having been dropped again, seemingly because of an unsatisfactory attitude. If there was one manager in the league who you might think could empathise with a player who's head is in the wrong place, it would be Pardew, but Newcastle's gaffer, like so many before him, seems unable to get the best out of Ben Arfa, who has enough talent to be on a par with Eden Hazard or even Him but has instead become less useful than Adel Taarabt.

Many fans want Pardew sacked and a case can certainly be made for that. Some would say his players have been making it for the last four months. But the only thing United about Newcastle at the moment is that everyone at the club bears some of the blame for their ridiculous collapse in the second half of the season, when they went from challenging for a place in Big Cup to jostling for a deckchair by the pool. Mind you, if we're going to point fingers then let's also jab some in the direction of several other clubs: for what does it say about the self-styled "most competitive league in the world" that a team can drift like logs on the Tyne for several months and still wash up in the top half of the table?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/29/the-fiver-newcastle-alan-pardew

Imagine thinking he should not only stay on, but should be given the freedom to restructure the team in the summer. There's only one outcome then.

In a way I badly want this to happen now, as much as it fills me with horror. Then when he inevitably fails after signing cloggers and hoofers, at least those who currently support him can see him, FINALLY, for the fraud that he is.

Unreal that we have to allow him to spend a dime and then fail for people to see how shit a fucking manager he is.

Imagine thinking he should not only stay on, but should be given the freedom to restructure the team in the summer. There's only one outcome then.

In a way I badly want this to happen now, as much as it fills me with horror. Then when he inevitably fails after signing cloggers and hoofers, at least those who currently support him can see him, FINALLY, for the fraud that he is.

Unreal that we have to allow him to spend a dime and then fail for people to see how shit a fucking manager he is.

I said the same a couple of days ago. It will be another season wasted but at least we'll get a good laugh from his stupid excuses.

Guest bimpy474

De Boer would bring, Bergkamp as assistant, Overmars as DOF and Stam as defensive coach. SSN are reporting if he went to Tottenham, wish it was here.