Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know what people expect from Pardew? Ignoring his off the pitch antics,  he hasn't actually done that bad a job really

11/12: 5th place out of nowhere

12/13: Europa League QFs with a thin squad picking up countless injuries

13/14: Top 10 finish last season while having his best player Cabaye sold and not replaced

But that doesn't go down well because the reality of NUFC not having the resources to compete is so depressing.

If you want to blame someone, blame Ashley for not freeing up more funds. Blame Kinnear for being useless. Blame the marketing team for not being able to secure more lucrative sponsorships to compete with the big boys.

Pardew, while not perfect, has done what is expected of him in my eyes

Okay, let's make things interesting.

What would constitute Pardew failing in your eyes? Not in Ashley's eyes, in your's.

Top 4 comments has the desired effect I guess, sold a few season tickets. Back to reality now, which most always new was the case.

I am hoping for the best of both worlds, team does really well and he does something stupid on the touch line again resulting in instant P45.

I hate the playing style and hate the fact he plays players out of position and the treatment of Mapou/Hatem. Still, if you look at the funds made available for him by Mike it is ridicilous to say he has done badly in terms of league positions. Excluding the 12-13 season. We are at the moment club who should be between 6th-10th at the end of the season. And yes, I think we lack ambition but we are behind Arsenal, Mancsx2, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Everton at the moment and I think no one can deny that.

All them billionaire owners eh. If only we had one.

I hate the playing style and hate the fact he plays players out of position and the treatment of Mapou/Hatem. Still, if you look at the funds made available for him by Mike it is ridicilous to say he has done badly in terms of league positions. Excluding the 12-13 season. We are at the moment club who should be between 6th-10th at the end of the season. And yes, I think we lack ambition but we are behind Arsenal, Mancsx2, Chelsea, City, Liverpool and Everton at the moment and I think no one can deny that.

Yea, Mike isn't actually spending any money. Of course I want to get rid of the c***, but just hope people would have realistic expectations. Seen many of our fans saying things "like we can break top5 now that we have Cabella" and bla bla.

About his record last season, that is woeful for sure and needs to change. I think that if we are near bottom in December he will get the boot, those Christmas fixtures are a nightmare for us.

And like I said Dave, I do not like the style we play and think we should hire more modern manager. But in terms of league positions, he has done pretty well. Those "48 points" comments are idiotic ofc.

You can't raise resources as a legitimate complaint whilst acknowledging Everton as a club we can't compete with. It's preposterous and contradictory.

Anyway, he says Mike is a brilliant boss and has invested enough in the squad so even the man himself thinks you're talking shit.

Yea, Mike isn't actually spending any money. Of course I want to get rid of the c***, but just hope people would have realistic expectations. Seen many of our fans saying things "like we can break top5 now that we have Cabella" and bla bla.

About his record last season, that is woeful for sure and needs to change. I think that if we are near bottom in December he will get the boot, those Christmas fixtures are a nightmare for us.

And like I said Dave, I do not like the style we play and think we should hire more modern manager. But in terms of league positions, he has done pretty well. Those "48 points" comments are idiotic ofc.

Ive not seen any comments about breaking top 5 or heard anyone say we should be breaking top 4 with cabella.

I would however like us to aim for a european spot every season and try to improve our points total each season...oh and for a little bit of fun, try and play more expansive football now and then.  Instead of sitting back and being worried about the other team.

Ive not seen any comments about breaking top 5 or heard anyone say we should be breaking top 4 with cabella.

I would however like us to aim for a european spot every season and try to improve our points total each season...oh and for a little bit of fun, try and play more expansive football now and then.  Instead of sitting back and being worried about the other team.

Maybe I have been on twitter and other forums too much :)

The style worries me for sure. I almost 100% sure that we will sit back and counter with De Jong dropping a bit deeper from no 10 spot and starting counters for Cabella, Riviere, Aarons and Gouffran. That is a pacy front 3 anyway, and that maybe the reason Obertan is getting new chances. The problem is we can't defend for a bit so more 0-3/0-4 humiliations on the way, and the first goal too often kills us. I am just saying, that in then end we have been pretty high up in the league, especially if you look at the quality of football we are playing. I don't know how he does it or was it only because of Cabaye. This season will tell I guess.

The style worries me for sure. I almost 100% sure that we will sit back and counter with De Jong dropping a bit deeper from no 10 spot and starting counters for Cabella, Riviere, Aarons and Gouffran. That is a pacy front 3 anyway, and that maybe the reason Obertan is getting new chances. The problem is we can't defend for a bit so more 0-3/0-4 humiliations on the way, and the first goal too often kills us. I am just saying, that in then end we have been pretty high up in the league, especially if you look at the quality of football we are playing. I don't know how he does it or was it only because of Cabaye. This season will tell I guess.

We've been mid table aprat from the 5th finish.  All the comments from the club have suggested they are happy with mid table.

That's one season you're talking about. Or do you think 12th, 16th, 10th is "pretty high up in the league"?

That's one season you're talking about. Or do you think 12th, 16th, 10th is "pretty high up in the league"?

The annoying thing about last season was the complete and utter shut down after January and the sale of Cabaye, they sacrificed a potential high-ish league placing for a transfer fee.  The team (by pardew standards) was fucntioning and picking up points.

Ashley's NUFC, more than happy to finish mid table. 

To a certain extent results are always going to be the most important thing in a professional sport. It's sport before it's entertainment.

But from the POV of a fan who already excepts their club is unlikely to ever win anything, we need something to hold on to.

Well, 10th is pretty decent considering the shambles that was the end of last season.  We are doing fine untill Cabaye being sold. If I am not mistaken, got victory from Old Trafford and WHL? And we were relegated 6 years ago ffs :D

It seems people here can't really come up with a decent argument. If first answer is "Christ Almighty" with a smiley, that doesn't really work if I am trying to argue about things. Like I said, I don't like the man, but Fat Mike is the one who should leave if you want ambition. Of course cups and negative tactics are Pardew's fault.