Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man, that change in fortunes in the Stoke game is looking good for Pardiola now or we'd almost certainly be looking at 5 defeats on the bounce inc. Citeh. Few injuries sneaking in etc.

Time for another Pardew venture into Apocalypse Now with Colonel Kurtz?

Madness how soon as we hit a bit of poor form the attitude swings totally in the opposite direction. Already calling 5 straight defeats when it's not really as bad as you've made out.

Yes things went our way against Stoke but things then went the opposite way since but you don't mention that? We were decent against Arsenal, we were decent against West Brom then poor yesterday and very flat. Chances are we will get beat of City but there's no reason to think we'll just roll over give them 3 points. We've still got a chance ourselves of getting something from the game just like we did against Arsenal, just need to cut out silly errors.

Don't try and turn this run of poor form into something it isn't just to create a negative attitude around the forum. We are still in a solid position in the league and better placed than many anticipated at the start of the season. It’s just another disappointing bitter defeat early on in a prestigious cup that has angered many, and rightly so but that shouldn’t take the shine off what has been a very good start to our league campaign.

Brett, he's had a very good spell with 7 wins in 10, prior to that spell he was a bit s*** culminating in rolling over to the Mackems.

I'm stating nothing as fact, nor trying to turn anything into anything it's not. All I know is recently he's again failed to rotate his squad, tiredness (:lol:) and injuries are starting to bite, and we could potentially be looking at a losing streak which he found hard to break last year.

All of the above were circumstances that sent him into the abyss last season.

Well i'll stick my neck out once again and back him to turn this losing streak around and finish strongly. We had this kind of period when we finished fifth around the same sort of time but he pulled it around, no reason why he can't do it again. Not that there's any major concerns here, there really isn't. It's a bunch of L's beside of form now but every team will go through the phases of form, nothing to get carried away about. All teams have had same fixtures and legs will be tired, injuries are still minimal and there's no need to panic.

League campaign. Pardews approach and tenure is a 24/7 crap shoot Brett. So inconsistent. The criticism s of how he reacts when things go sideways are valid

Totally, he's always making fucking stupid choices seemingly based on fear and needing a big man up top. Doesn't detract from some of the excellent choices he's made in some of the wins mind.

Hope you're right Brett, and I haven't even said I think he won't get us winning right away (though Citeh looks a big ask), all I'm saying is there's the possibility he might fall apart again. Also the Stoke game has to be mentioned because we were fucking shit and going to lose until events happened. As we always say, and you always choose to ignore, performances matter a lot. They tell you much more than 3 points.

Why becasue i'm not all doom and gloom saying i may as well chuck my season ticket in as the season is now over and nothing to play for anymore?

Was only after Palace we were going into the festive with postivie attitudes looking how we are only x amount of points off top 4 or even top. Suddenly a couple of league defeats and out the cup and people are saying our season is now over, it's pathetic.

We're out of the last competition we were capable of getting anywhere in and we've dropped out at the first hurdle, again.  The only thing we have left to play for is a place in Europe and we'll be relying on teams above us winning the cups to give more European places to the league.  Other than that, we've nothing to play for.  5th January 2014 and it looks like our season will stutter on to it's meaningless end, again.

Well i'll stick my neck out once again and back him to turn this losing streak around and finish strongly. We had this kind of period when we finished fifth around the same sort of time but he pulled it around, no reason why he can't do it again. Not that there's any major concerns here, there really isn't. It's a bunch of L's beside of form now but every team will go through the phases of form, nothing to get carried away about. All teams have had same fixtures and legs will be tired, injuries are still minimal and there's no need to panic.

When we finished 5th we brought in Cisse who buried everything he hit, who is going to do that this time?  Do you seriously think we can finish 5th? 

When we finished 5th we brought in Cisse who buried everything he hit, who is going to do that this time?  Do you seriously think we can finish 5th? 

No, i don't. I said before the season began the top 6 was sealed shut with quality sides and would take a special season from a club to break into that and i still can't really see anyone doing it. I predicted 8th and still think 8th is where we will finish. Irony is the people who won't be happy with 8th will be the people who predicted another relegation dog fight.

All i wanted this season was us to steady the ship, stay clear of any relegation talk and have a good run in the cups. The cups has been another disaster but that's been the case long before Pardew arrived but it doesn't make it any easier to take. League wise i'm more than happy with how we are doing and don't see any reason why we can't keep pushing on even i do think the top 6 is unbreakable, but there's no harm in giving it a good go.

Why becasue i'm not all doom and gloom saying i may as well chuck my season ticket in as the season is now over and nothing to play for anymore?

Was only after Palace we were going into the festive with postivie attitudes looking how we are only x amount of points off top 4 or even top. Suddenly a couple of league defeats and out the cup and people are saying our season is now over, it's pathetic.

We're out of the last competition we were capable of getting anywhere in and we've dropped out at the first hurdle, again.  The only thing we have left to play for is a place in Europe and we'll be relying on teams above us winning the cups to give more European places to the league.  Other than that, we've nothing to play for.  5th January 2014 and it looks like our season will stutter on to it's meaningless end, again.

It'd be much better to be in a meaningful relegation fight I guess ???

Outside of the usual suspects most seasons are ultimately meaningless.

Man, that change in fortunes in the Stoke game is looking good for Pardiola now or we'd almost certainly be looking at 5 defeats on the bounce inc. Citeh. Few injuries sneaking in etc.

Madness how soon as we hit a bit of poor form the attitude swings totally in the opposite direction. Already calling 5 straight defeats when it's not really as bad as you've made out.

Yes things went our way against Stoke but things then went the opposite way since but you don't mention that? We were decent against Arsenal, we were decent against West Brom then poor yesterday and very flat. Chances are we will get beat of City but there's no reason to think we'll just roll over give them 3 points. We've still got a chance ourselves of getting something from the game just like we did against Arsenal, just need to cut out silly errors.

Don't try and turn this run of poor form into something it isn't just to create a negative attitude around the forum. We are still in a solid position in the league and better placed than many anticipated at the start of the season. It’s just another disappointing bitter defeat early on in a prestigious cup that has angered many, and rightly so but that shouldn’t take the shine off what has been a very good start to our league campaign.

Brett, he's had a very good spell with 7 wins in 10, prior to that spell he was a bit s*** culminating in rolling over to the Mackems.

I'm stating nothing as fact, nor trying to turn anything into anything it's not. All I know is recently he's again failed to rotate his squad, tiredness (:lol:) and injuries are starting to bite, and we could potentially be looking at a losing streak which he found hard to break last year.

All of the above were circumstances that sent him into the abyss last season.

The best chance we've got of picking up points is due to the fact that a lot of our squad still have something to play for, i.e., their places in the France squad for the WC. It has nothing to do with Pardew whatsoever. If it wasn't for the WC I have no doubt most of our players wouldn't give a flying fuck. Ben Arfa already looks like he's give up.

You're happy to avoid a relegation battle, that's the limit of your ambition.  :lol:

Outside the usual suspects, like Swansea and Wigan who both won domestic cups last season?  :lol:

You're happy to avoid a relegation battle, that's the limit of your ambition.  :lol:

Outside the usual suspects, like Swansea and Wigan who both won domestic cups last season?  :lol:

How's that my ambition? You can't just out jump a side like Liverpool/Spurs with the quality they have in one swoop unless you have a special season. It's going to take hard work in the transfer windows to buy and sell the right players to put you in a realistic position to challenge. Liverpool fell down a couple of levels but are working there way back up slowly, Spurs invested well in recent years but they spent good money to get themselves in the position they are, albeit they’ve spent badly on some transfers but at least they took the gambles on the whole and paid off to an extent.

What I’m saying is this season for me was about just bouncing back from last season and getting ourselves back in a position in which could challenge the top 6 again and so far we’ve done that but it’s going to take more effort from Ashley to dig deep and actually invest in the team to push on if we seriously want to break in to the top 6. Finishing 5th and signing Anita was never going to be enough to sustain that challenge but it almost certainly shouldn’t have accumulated in a relegation battle but at least we’ve brushed them woes aside now and got back amongst the top clubs. It’s back down to Ashley to invest in the squad so we can really push on. Yes a better manager would help us greatly (see Everton) but I don’t think that big of an upgrade is ever coming with Ashley as owner, but I’d love to be proved wrong in this case.

Almost as bad as those who explode in a nuclear jizzfest after a decent result, eh?

No, i don't. I said before the season began the top 6 was sealed shut with quality sides and would take a special season from a club to break into that and i still can't really see anyone doing it. I predicted 8th and still think 8th is where we will finish. Irony is the people who won't be happy with 8th will be the people who predicted another relegation dog fight.

All i wanted this season was us to steady the ship, stay clear of any relegation talk and have a good run in the cups. The cups has been another disaster but that's been the case long before Pardew arrived but it doesn't make it any easier to take. League wise i'm more than happy with how we are doing and don't see any reason why we can't keep pushing on even i do think the top 6 is unbreakable, but there's no harm in giving it a good go.

8th is par for me I'm not going to get excited about finishing there though.

Guest chopey

The top brass at the club don't want Europe, they will be perfectly happy to finish 10th and spend no money. That is the reason I'm feeling pissed of this morning, the FA cup was our only chance of some sort of glory. Pardew sent out a team that got beat and no body apart from the fans were bothered.

We are stuck with this mediocrity as long as Ashley and Pardew are here and if we do have any success it will be because of good luck not planning !!!! 

We are stuck with this mediocrity as long as Ashley and Pardew are here and if we do have any success it will be because of good luck not planning !!!! 

I'm not even convinced it's Pardew.  I'm sure he'd love to win something with us but as it stands the club have no ambition to win anything except another years TV money.  Maybe you can blame him for going along with this bollocks or being a shit manager but ultimately the lack of ambition infesting our club comes from the top.

I'm not even convinced it's Pardew.  I'm sure he'd love to win something with us but as it stands the club have no ambition to win anything except another years TV money.  Maybe you can blame him for going along with this bollocks or being a shit manager but ultimately the lack of ambition infesting our club comes from the top.

To be fair Ashley's played a blinder by appointing Pardew. Pards might be clueless tactically but he has most of St James lapping up his bullshit.

Regardless, I think people were expecting Swansea to be challenging the top 6-8 places this season yet they're miles off. Since the cup win they've been poor.

I'd like to know who these people are.... their team on paper isn't good enough to finish top 8 never has been.

10th is about where they should finish most seasons if they don't have some massive decline and they probably still will.

Even if they could finish 8th which is always unlikely in the extreme they are not finishing any higher than that.... anyone that thinks they could finish above any of the top 7 wants their head looked at.

Note the word "challenging" and not "finishing in". Without looking, I remember a lot of envious eyes on here in the summer saying how they've got a manager who wouldn't blame Europe for a poor league performance. They should really be challenging us & Southampton for those top 8 places, they're nowhere near as things stand.

And "who are these people"? Without searching the forum I remember quite a few up to August/September thinking they'd be "best of the rest", etc. and....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/8857360/jamie-redknapp-on-title-race-top-four-contenders-and-a-swansea-surprise

Swansea have had a bad injury to Michu to deal with - can you imagine what our placing would be right now if Remy had picked up a long-term injury this season...?

You're the perfect customer, you're barking mad.

Never mind - Mike loves you and he's grateful for your support !

Regardless, I think people were expecting Swansea to be challenging the top 6-8 places this season yet they're miles off. Since the cup win they've been poor.

I'd like to know who these people are.... their team on paper isn't good enough to finish top 8 never has been.

10th is about where they should finish most seasons if they don't have some massive decline and they probably still will.

Even if they could finish 8th which is always unlikely in the extreme they are not finishing any higher than that.... anyone that thinks they could finish above any of the top 7 wants their head looked at.

Note the word "challenging" and not "finishing in". Without looking, I remember a lot of envious eyes on here in the summer saying how they've got a manager who wouldn't blame Europe for a poor league performance. They should really be challenging us & Southampton for those top 8 places, they're nowhere near as things stand.

And "who are these people"? Without searching the forum I remember quite a few up to August/September thinking they'd be "best of the rest", etc. and....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/18932/8857360/jamie-redknapp-on-title-race-top-four-contenders-and-a-swansea-surprise

Swansea have had a bad injury to Michu to deal with - can you imagine what our placing would be right now if Remy had picked up a long-term injury this season...?

We had this last season but Pardew shouldn't have used that as an excuse.

Why's this turned into another Pardew v manager x again anyway?

All I was doing was backing up what Dave said when he said we could be crap from now until May, stumble a top half finish but the media will give him an easy ride because as far as they're concerned that's job done and he's doing a good job, mainly because this run stands out and the wins over the big clubs.

Similarly with Clarke. He was dire for a year but his first half a season, the Man U win, and being robbed at Chelsea stood out. Swansea haven't done well in the league for about 10 months, but his brand of football, winning the Carling Cup before that run has taken all the attention off the fact they're closer to a relegation battle than a top 10 finish.

Never mind - Mike loves you and he's grateful for your support !

Could be anyone as owner, circumstances don't change and not sure why they would. Pay money to watch and suport the team not the owner.

Support the team, ignore the regime? Say you're supporting the team all you like but the reality is that your financial support perpetuates MA's abstinence from reinvesting, carrying on on his counter-productive bullshit. You might say with Ashley, Tan et al as owners this is just football these days; but it deosnt stink any less.