Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fucking Man U fans - every other group of fans I know are sound enough where you can have a two way conversation with them and they’ll say things like “yeah we were in the V wrong there” or whatever but not Man U fans in my experience. They’re just so blind sighted and single mined.

15 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Fucking Man U fans - every other group of fans I know are sound enough where you can have a two way conversation with them and they’ll say things like “yeah we were in the V wrong there” or whatever but not Man U fans in my experience. They’re just so blind sighted and single mined.

Don't back down. Double down. 

29 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Just like Newcastle's opening bid for Diego Carlos. 

He went half a season later for a reported 26mill, after we bid more. Seems more like we offered more than market value, they thought they could ramp up the price because of our owners.

The price offered for Ashworth and now this is embarrassing MUFC as a club and you for attempting to defend it 

37 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I know a few Liverpool fans who are exactly the same as this 

48 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Why are you in the Man United thread :tino:

Why does he spend so much time on an NUFC forum? Is this obssesive behaviour repeated across all clubs forums! He is very strange individual?

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

I am a glutten for punishment here and I have seen enough replies from Froggy to say he can defend himself but say Newcastle wanted Onana from Everton supposedly they want 50m for him if we opened the bidding at say 30m is that insulting them knowing the kind of money they would "like" or would we be pleased we arent push overs and want to ensure best value for us. 

Ultimately if they are desperate for a new CB they will have to stump up the money, however under the special circumstances that is Everton's finances massive external debt and no current willing owners I would be seeing it as less of a position of strength than normal circumstances. 

Edit: if this is Man U's best and final offer/only offer or there next is say 36m after being told to double it or clear off then I would say they being delusional. 

Why are you using a hypothetical £50m & £30m when the scenario with Everton is £70m and £35m if their opening bid for branthwaite was nearer £45m-£50m no one would really bat an eyelid it’s the fact they bid £35m when Everton value him at £70m 50% less is insulting and laughable. 

it’s not an isolated thing either. It’s when you add it together with paying off staff, offering £2m for Ashworth, stories of managers being insulted by their wage and budget offer and begging the government for tax payers money for a new stadium it all adds up to them trying to do things on the cheap

Edited by gdm

52 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Aye, zero credibility when it comes to their own club. You can repeat their own criticism of Man United back to them and they'll immediately start defending the club against their own argument just because it's you saying it. :lol:

Edited by Kid Icarus

36 minutes ago, madras said:

I know a few Liverpool fans who are exactly the same as this 

Jury’s out on that one for me as I know two, one is and claims isak wouldn’t make their bench as “all he does is score and offers very little else” where the other is dead sound.

58 minutes ago, gdm said:

Why are you using a hypothetical £50m & £30m when the scenario with Everton is £70m and £35m if their opening bid for branthwaite was nearer £45m-£50m no one would really bat an eyelid it’s the fact they bid £35m when Everton value him at £70m 50% less is insulting and laughable. 

it’s not an isolated thing either. It’s when you add it together with paying off staff, offering £2m for Ashworth, stories of managers being insulted by their wage and budget offer and begging the government for tax payers money for a new stadium it all adds up to them trying to do things on the cheap

I am using a hypothetical example just to prove that IF we were to want another Everton player this summer taking into account how far in the shit Everton are I would want the club to low ball them. Certainly watching the amazon documentary we were told similar when we bid for Gordon they were asking much much more and we called their bluff. Although we weren't as cheeky documentary said they want 50 plus 10 so 60 we got him for 40 plus 5?

Iam not saying Man U are doing this as I said if it's their first and final offer knowing full well what's been reported they wanted for him it's delusional but we too would want our club to sell high and buy for the least possible. Where that isn't possible don't haggle over a few million just to blow a deal if you want the player like the old regime and walk away. If it's an opening offer and Everton are in the shit and need to sell and no one else goes for him and that backs them into a corner they have completed a great deal. Unless 70m is an official release clause then it's just what they want or would like for him. Ultimately he is worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay for him so I expect 80m offer from chelsea in 3....2.....1....

The ashworth one is just strange however even that you think well, the relationship is now blown to pay his wages and keep him on leave or see him gone and wages off the books. The 2 or 3m offered is only rumour as well, isn't it? 

You can surely see both sides even if you fall more on them being tight. One person's cheapskate and penny pinching is another's being frugal and not wanting to be a push over.

5 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Aye, zero credibility when it comes to their own club. You can repeat their own criticism of Man United back to them and they'll immediately start defending the club against their own argument just because it's you saying it. :lol:

It's crazy :lol: the week after the cup final a Man U fan I know was pretending like he had never said Ten Hag out after being spanked by Palace a couple of weeks prior, or when finishing 8th was a disgrace :lol:

6 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I'll translate that for you.

Man Utd fans are bell ends.

12 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's fully dependent on who is saying it and how they're saying it. Your replies to me or about what I say are normally sarky as fuck and dripping with disdain. You replied to me properly on Thursday for the first time in a long time and I responded in kind. 

Had you replied the way you normally do, I'd have just went on the attack and claimed McTominay is better than Joelinton.

1 minute ago, elbee909 said:

Tbh it's generally Manchester people. Actually let's face it, the north west. Well, the north. And south. English people really.

Agreed.

39 minutes ago, Froggy said:

It's fully dependent on who is saying it and how they're saying it. Your replies to me or about what I say are normally sarky as fuck and dripping with disdain. You replied to me properly on Thursday for the first time in a long time and I responded in kind. 

Had you replied the way you normally do, I'd have just went on the attack and claimed McTominay is better than Joelinton.

I've responded normally plenty of times tbf, you surely must realise you're also incredibly thin-skinned when it comes to Man United