Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

The idiots laughing at it are the same ones who'd laugh if we just went in and bid £70m right away. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

He's an English 21 year old top prospect at centre back, not some Brazilian on his last legs from Real Madrid, goofy.

You guys are in so much trouble with Ratcliffe.

Keep hanging in there though. You'll see soon enough.

7 minutes ago, NSG said:

I don’t think anyone would laugh if you made a market rate offer for someone who is going to be a mainstay of England’s defence for the next decade.

£35m is an absolute insult of an offer and does nothing to enhance the perception that Jimmy boy doesn’t have a scooby what he’s doing.

Trying to unsettle the player and get him to kick up a fuss about leaving.

Not going to work though, which is why the tweet stated that Everton has said he is happy there and so they'll have to pay a premium.

Just now, KaKa said:

He's an English 21 year old top prospect at centre back, not some Brazilian on his last legs from Real Madrid, goofy.

Folk I know that worked under him in the Industry have not 1 good word to say about him. A real warm people person, guaranteed to get the fans onside :lol:

Remember Newcastle bidding £30m for Diego Carlos when Sevilla said he wouldn't go for less than his £60m release clause. 

Clueless them Saudi lads. Ashley 2.0. You lads are in so much trouble with those guys. 

I am a glutten for punishment here and I have seen enough replies from Froggy to say he can defend himself but say Newcastle wanted Onana from Everton supposedly they want 50m for him if we opened the bidding at say 30m is that insulting them knowing the kind of money they would "like" or would we be pleased we arent push overs and want to ensure best value for us. 

Ultimately if they are desperate for a new CB they will have to stump up the money, however under the special circumstances that is Everton's finances massive external debt and no current willing owners I would be seeing it as less of a position of strength than normal circumstances. 

Edit: if this is Man U's best and final offer/only offer or there next is say 36m after being told to double it or clear off then I would say they being delusional. 

Edited by nufcjmc

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

Folk I know that worked under him in the Industry have not 1 good word to say about him. A real warm people person, guaranteed to get the fans onside :lol:

Seen enough with that interview bitching about gardening leave and compensation on TV. The guy is a mess.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I also find it hilarious how Man U fans truly think he’s their Saviour, all the while the Glazers who still own the majority of the club slip back into the shadows [emoji38]

Gotta give them some respect for the blind optimism though

2 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Remember Newcastle bidding £30m for Diego Carlos when Sevilla said he wouldn't go for less than his £60m release clause. 

Clueless them Saudi lads. Ashley 2.0. You lads are in so much trouble with those guys. 

What on Earth are you on about?

This is absolutely desperate stuff man. My God [emoji38]

1 minute ago, nufcjmc said:

I am a glutten for punishment here and I have seen enough replies from Froggy to say he can defend himself but say Newcastle wanted Onana from Everton supposedly they want 50m for him if we opened the bidding at say 30m is that insulting them knowing the kind of money they would "like" or would we be pleased we arent push overs and want to ensure best value for us. 

£35m for someone with one season under their belt is a perfectly reasonable opening bid. 

Deal will probably be done for somewhere in the middle. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

That’s just not true. Here’s a direct quote from their president saying our offer was “good and respectable” but they couldn’t sanction the sale because it wouldn’t give them time to source a replacement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60156955.amp

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

What on Earth are you on about?

This is absolutely desperate stuff man. My God [emoji38]

I can spell it out for you one word at a time if you'd like. 

Sevilla initially wanted something stupid like £50-£60m for Diego Carlos. You offered £30m. They rejected. Called it a pathetic offer.

He ended up going for something like £26m in the summer to Villa. 

I'm fairly sure you lowballed for Botman as well before stumping up the asking price. 

Stop acting like low opening offers aren't the norm. It's a feeler bid. 

Just now, Froggy said:

Sevilla initially wanted something stupid like £50-£60m for Diego Carlos. You offered £30m. They rejected. Called it a pathetic offer.

I'm fairly sure you lowballed for Botman as well before stumping up the asking price. 

Find me the public  quotes stating any of our offers were unacceptable and that much lower than the initial asking price.

8 minutes ago, NSG said:

That’s just not true. Here’s a direct quote from their president saying our offer was “good and respectable” but they couldn’t sanction the sale because it wouldn’t give them time to source a replacement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60156955.amp

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle-diego-carlos-transfer-exclusive-26305755

Up to you who's more reliable. The BBC or Jaques Talbot from the Daily Star. 

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

£35m for someone with one season under their belt is a perfectly reasonable opening bid. 

8 years ago Stones went for £50 million.

5 years ago Maguire went for £80 million.

Good luck man. 

11 minutes ago, Froggy said:

This post and the one right above it is comedy gold [emoji38] you should probably delete this 

Edited by Joey47

It's so obvious how this will all play out.

Jim will keep playing the hard man negotiator.

Then Branthwaite will move to Man City or Chelsea this time next year for around £80 million or more.

13 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Find me the public  quotes stating any of our offers were unacceptable and that much lower than the initial asking price.

He can’t show you what doesn’t exist.

18 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Well give you £35m for Mainoo.