Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Manchester United players are "bemused" by manager David Moyes' tactics, especially his insistence that the central midfielders stay behind the ball.

:pardsgrin:

;D

:lol: Think Moyes deserves his own 'Pardew' smilie now.

http://thisisfutbol.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/David-Moyes2.jpg

Brett, that season we finished 5th we were ahead of Liverpool. They sacked their manager and appointed one who believed in correct football principles

:lol:

Titter ye not Ronaldo, don't make me bump the post where I predicted Rodgers would turn Liverpool around. Just like I correctly predicted Man U won't finish in a CL position this year ;)

More the fact you think there's a correct and incorrect way of playing football.

Well the better teams do tend to pass it around more as opposed to going down the long ball route.

So every PL boss except the 2 or 3 who predominantly like to hoof it are playing correct football. Got ya.

Every PL boss is trying to do it, but it comes more naturally to some than others. So Brendan Rodgers has found it much easier to implement than his predecessor Dalglish for example. Ferguson found it more natural than David Fallaini Moyes. If you had a choice of Keegan or Pardew to implement the correct fashion of football who would you choose?

There's that phrase again. There's no incorrect, or correct about it. Keegan's just a far more intelligent football man and a personality with far more balls and ambition, that's what makes him a better manager.

I feel dirty even responding to a post comparing the two of them.

So do you have a different interpretation of correct and incorrect then? I'm assuming you do since you LOL'd at mine.

As I made clear, it's ridiculously simplistic to use such words. Ironically it's the type of stuff I'd expect in an endorsement of scientific Allardyce-like approach. Bobby went back-to-front plenty during our 4th, 3rd, 5th seasons. Love to see you phrase that as incorrect.

I did it ages ago, in fact I created a thread about how he transitioned from using Duncan Ferguson and Shearer to creating the CL side with Bellamy and Dyer.

What's Duncan Ferguson got to do with finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th under Bobby? And Bobby didn't even sign Dyer.

Was Dyer a CM before Booby came in?

Brett, that season we finished 5th we were ahead of Liverpool. They sacked their manager and appointed one who believed in correct football principles

Titter ye not Ronaldo, don't make me bump the post where I predicted Rodgers would turn Liverpool around. Just like I correctly predicted Man U won't finish in a CL position this year ;)

More the fact you think there's a correct and incorrect way of playing football.

Well the better teams do tend to pass it around more as opposed to going down the long ball route.

So every PL boss except the 2 or 3 who predominantly like to hoof it are playing correct football. Got ya.

Every PL boss is trying to do it, but it comes more naturally to some than others. So Brendan Rodgers has found it much easier to implement than his predecessor Dalglish for example. Ferguson found it more natural than David Fallaini Moyes. If you had a choice of Keegan or Pardew to implement the correct fashion of football who would you choose?

There's that phrase again. There's no incorrect, or correct about it. Keegan's just a far more intelligent football man and a personality with far more balls and ambition, that's what makes him a better manager.

So do you have a different interpretation of correct and incorrect then? I'm assuming you do since you LOL'd at mine.

As I made clear, it's ridiculously simplistic to use such words. Ironically it's the type of stuff I'd expect in an endorsement of scientific Allardyce-like approach. Bobby went back-to-front plenty during our 4th, 3rd, 5th seasons. Love to see you phrase that as incorrect.

I did it ages ago, in fact I created a thread about how he transitioned from using Duncan Ferguson and Shearer to creating the CL side with Bellamy and Dyer.

What's Duncan Ferguson got to do with finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th under Bobby? And Bobby didn't even sign Dyer.

hD7F31EB6

Wasting your time mate, Ronaldo seems convinced that we were playing long ball with Bellamy and Shearer same as when Big Duncan was next to Shearer.

I really respect TRon's ability to make stuff up, even with only two days to come up with it.

We played direct stuff at times with Shearer and Bellamy. According to you that's an incorrect way of playing football even though the option made us unpredictable and ultimately helped us get consecutive top 4 finishes.

Preposterous way of looking at football, correct and incorrect.

Ferguson's Man United were incredibly direct when they needed to be, particularly on the break. Course, he had the bottle (unlike Pardew) to get numbers forward in support quickly instead of pumping it to an isolated front man and telling the midfield to sit.

Direct has become a dirty word in football as it's replaced long ball when in fact it's still one of the most common and effective tactics about.

But there are two types of long ball. You have Glenn Hoddle, who often hit sixty yard passes onto a sixpence and you have the Dave Beasant hoof up to Fash the Bash type. The second type is of course more common as the Glenn Hoddle type and quality of player are as rare as rocking horse shit.

Ferguson's Man United were incredibly direct when they needed to be, particularly on the break. Course, he had the bottle (unlike Pardew) to get numbers forward in support quickly instead of pumping it to an isolated front man and telling the midfield to sit.

:thup:

Direct has become a dirty word in football as it's replaced long ball when in fact it's still one of the most common and effective tactics about.

But there are two types of long ball. You have Glenn Hoddle, who often hit sixty yard passes onto a sixpence and you have the Dave Beasant hoof up to Fash the Bash type. The second type is of course more common as the Glenn Hoddle type and quality of player are as rare as rocking horse shit.

I'd disagree there is the direct (non-hoof) ball in to the front man who you play off as well as the 'hoof' and playmaker style.

Plus direct doesn't need to be how you're playing the ball, it can be the way your players move on and off the ball as has been alluded, swamping the opposition by playing with great intensity and numbers going forward.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I really respect TRon's ability to make stuff up, even with only two days to come up with it.

We played direct stuff at times with Shearer and Bellamy. According to you that's an incorrect way of playing football even though the option made us unpredictable and ultimately helped us get consecutive top 4 finishes.

The majority of the time tbh.

Guest Howaythetoon

For me under both KK and Sir Bobby we were what I'd call a direct attacking side in that we looked to attack the opposition directly by way of the flanks, through the centre or through turning possession quickly to forward movement. We were never a possession side under either manager, it was all about getting at the opposition from the start, scoring goals and winning the game. There was a fluidity to our play under both men, however, and  I put that down to the respective managers trusting their players and giving them total freedom to express themselves.

Except you took what I said and turned it into something totally different. There's a massive difference between hitting the ball long like we do now towards a single forward with no support and what we did under Robson where the long ball was only a part of a potent attacking arsenal. It's like comparing Moyes to Alex Ferguson. Missing out a whole lot of the bigger dynamic and focusing on one part so you can say you were correct.