Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Man U will need at least two new defensive starters next year, with no obvious leader left to marshal the defence as a whole.  I think it really limits their chances of making a strong comeback next year. Vidic-level scouting coups may be required.

People are seriously underestimating Manchester United and their pulling power here. They are historically one of the biggest clubs in the World if not the biggest. They will get their transfer targets without CL football as long as Moyes or whoever is allowed to spend.

People are seriously underestimating Manchester United and their pulling power here. They are historically one of the biggest clubs in the World if not the biggest. They will get their transfer targets without CL football as long as Moyes or whoever is allowed to spend.

Exactly what people said about Liverpool...how many league titles since the 80s?

If anything, I think people are underestimating how quickly the gloss can come off a club and other better options become available.

I'm not saying they won't sign people obviously, players will come if enough cash is forced into their offshore bank accounts.

If anything, I think people are underestimating how quickly the gloss can come off a club and other better options become available.

I'm not saying they won't sign people obviously, players will come if enough cash is forced into their offshore bank accounts.

Exactly, Alex Ferguson is a once in a life time manager.  He was a massive driving froce and there aren't manay managers in the world like him...I also feel that Man Utd are playing catch up to Chelsea and Man City now.  Their squad has so many problems its unreal and i'm amazed how much Ferguson managed to get out of them at the by the end.

Exactly what people said about Liverpool...how many league titles since the 80s?

That was down to bad management mainly.  They still attracted big name players though and still won trophies just not the League. I mean how does a team like Liverpool attract say a Suarez?  Money is one factor but im sure Liverpool's history is a big pulling power as would Manchester United's.

That was down to bad management mainly.  They still attracted big name players though and still won trophies just not the League. I mean how does a team like Liverpool attract say a Suarez?  Money is one factor but im sure Liverpool's history is a big pulling power as would Manchester United's.

I understand what you are saying, they will sign top players but it depends if they can get them to gel etc.  Liverpool have havd some amazing talent but have only come close a couple of times.

I just feel with Ferguson they've had the driving force behind them.  Now thats gone, its going to take something special to re kindle the force.  I dont think Moyes is it.

He'll spend a wedge but I still think he will still be behind Man City and Chelsea.

The gap from the bottom and top is a lot bigger now than then. They haven't won the league but they've won literally everything else.

Outside the very elite, they can pretty much sign anyone else which means they always have the potential to challenge and win honours with the right managers and owners. And that's L'pool. Man Utd have taken advantage of the extra revenue in the game.

If it was Chelsea in this position I'd wholeheartedly agree.  It's not. It's arguably the biggest name in World football.

Time will tell, this season was always going to be a wright off but they didn;t think it would be this bad.  next season will be a better way to measure where they are.

Suarez wasn't an elite player when they bought him though so that's why.

It's not the same, man. United's reach goes much further thanks to success coming at the right time, globally.

He just cost the £20m. Man Utd. will be able to do that for the next 10 years and eventually they'll get it right.

Traditionally, Man Utd. rarely sign superstars anyway.

It's not the same, man. United's reach goes much further thanks to success coming at the right time, globally.

The man utd and Liverppool dominations were in different times but the overall issue isn't always spending power.  Its having the right people at the club at the right time.

Liverpool still had massive clout at the begining of the prem but they never had a driving force like Ferguson and the support he had from the Man UTD board.

Man Utd can have as much reach around as they want but hiring hobos like Moyes wont get you to the top of the pile.

They also paid him a lot of money. Their wage bills in 09-10-11 were 96.1M-114.3M-128.9M: they finished 2nd (08-09), 7th, 6th, 8th. Our equivalent wage bills and league positions were 60.5M-67.1M-91.1M: and 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th. Again, they maintained the wage bill of a CL club - capable of attracting the top players - by running at a considerable loss.

Not really its just that to get these players they will have to beat teams with even more money and just as much pulling power historically.

It's not as if they are going after players we want, they are going after players Barca, Madrid, Bayern and so on and so forth want.

Their pulling power isn't an advantage when they are going up against people with just as much pulling power.

Not really its just that to get these players they will have to beat teams with even more money and just as much pulling power historically.

It's not as if they are going after players we want, they are going after players Barca, Madrid, Bayern and so on and so forth want.

Their pulling power isn't an advantage when they are going up against people with just as much pulling power.

That is where the problem is now for them as in  recent years there are more clubs ready to shoot them out the water than in the 90's and 2000 till recent years and the better players will be harder to obtain

They're trying to compete domestically first. It's Chelsea, Liverpool,  Arsenal and Manchester City they've got to outperform in the transfer market. And generally they will irrespective of CL qualification position. They and Liverpool are the biggest clubs in England. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Guest Howaythetoon

Man Utd will always be a force in the game, home and abroad. Clubs like them don't tolerate failure nor settle for second best. They may have the odd season where they win nowt or 'struggle', but they will always be a super power.