Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously some of the opinions in here are borderline retarded sometimes. :lol: Dropping Rooney for f*** sake. :lol: :lol: You'd play one game without him and be crying to get him back. He's scored 10 in his last 15 appearances as well.

He's England's best player, by lightyears. He'll play every game, because nobody is stupid enough to drop him. Even if he was suspended for all the group games he'd still go.

Don't take it so seriously, man. The same poster thinks Ben Arfa's better. Just daft bias.

:thup:

The bashing of Rooney is over the top in here. God damn it, he's the best player in the national team.

It's completely mental. Given our lack of alternatives to Rooney, i find it outrageous :lol:

I can understand peoples worries over him and his MT record but the lack of options to fulfill someone of his class is huge. You want Rooney full of confidence going in to the tournament, not popping him on the bench where we've seen for Man Utd his head can drop. Playing all season then getting to WC and seeing someone who was bench warming behind you at club level now starting ahead of you in the WC. Sickening, you'd be wanting to go home :lol:

Maybe the FA could offer him a pay rise, that seems to work a treat.

:lol: I'm sure they've had sneaky incentive bonuses every tournament, hasn't done much good. People are slating Rooney for past tournaments but are forgetting our current skipper and midfield general has failed to serve up anything either. Should we drop him as well?

Gerrard was one of if not the best players England had at the Euros

I can understand peoples worries over him and his MT record but the lack of options to fulfill someone of his class is huge. You want Rooney full of confidence going in to the tournament, not popping him on the bench where we've seen for Man Utd his head can drop. Playing all season then getting to WC and seeing someone who was bench warming behind you at club level now starting ahead of you in the WC. Sickening, you'd be wanting to go home :lol:

:lol: I'm sure they've had sneaky incentive bonuses every tournament, hasn't done much good. People are slating Rooney for past tournaments but are forgetting our current skipper and midfield general has failed to serve up anything either. Should we drop him as well?

Crossing the ball for couple of goals doesn't make up for a lack of coverage and creativity in midfield. Gerrard is probably a player that is in the team because he has the game winning ability with his right foot, because he just doesn't have the legs he used to have.

What about the rest of them? Does he not get a media slating along with Lampard every single MT? Only player who has consistently come out with credit in MT's is Ashley Cole, and it's his place that is coming most under threat  :yao:

He threw a couple of decent balls into the box, Pirlo showed him up like.

Yep that was the one season I was thinking of. That's 3/4 years ago at this point. So you have any this year? Last? The season before? Didn't think so. You have to go back to 2011 before this world class player did the business in a big match.

Talk about big performances in big games not braces against Newcastle United and Crystal Palace.  We are talking world class performances against top teams.

If the criteria to play for England was to be a good as Pirlo, then England have a serious problem

If the criteria to play for England was to be a good as Pirlo, then England have a serious problem

I don't think it is tbh, I'll have a check.

Yep that was the one season I was thinking of. That's 3/4 years ago at this point. So you have any this year? Last? The season before? Didn't think so. You have to go back to 2011 before this world class player did the business in a big match.

Talk about big performances in big games not braces against Newcastle United and Crystal Palace.  We are talking world class performances against top teams.

Scored against City this year...Scored twice away to City last year...

Shall I go on? You're embarrassing yourself. You've been horribly wrong with the last couple of things you said. You should have just said you don't think Rooney is World Class and then shut up.

Btw when i brought up Gerrard for the comparison, i think he should be starting and i think he should be captain too. Was just pointing out there wasn't only Rooney didn't perform at major tournaments, there were others with just as high repuatations who failed to deliver. If we have viable options to replace them with, which Lampard is finding out, then yes but if not we shouldn't be dropping them simply because their form has been poor on the big stage. Play and pray, play and pray...

Guest neesy111

It's right that people are questioning why he's been shit in major tournaments since 2004.  I'd still have him the team.

Hopefully he'll go into the tournament fit as iirc except for the last Europeans when he was banned for the first games, I don't think he has been since his 2004 tournament,  which obviously was his best by a country mile.

So the once then.

Rooney has never won the golden boot, not that means f*** all. Some of the leagues best ever strikers have never won it.

So he's consistently got 15-20 goals. Very good. Very consistent. But enough to put him in the top 5 or so of strikers in any season? Nope. Maybe at the very top end of his form aye.

Hopefully he'll go into the tournament fit as iirc except for the last Europeans when he was banned for the first games, I don't think he has been since his 2004 tournament,  which obviously was his best by a country mile.

So why do you want him dropped when this is bang on, if he stays fit of course.

It's pretty much the same as Messi and Argentina. Reckon there are some Argentinians calling for Messi not to go to the World Cup? :lol:

Froggy, I like you man but that's a fucking terrible comparison. :lol:

Guest neesy111

what is going on? Why would we drop our best player?

Too much watching Newcastle I assume.

Is that you declaring that you're English?

So why do you want him dropped when this is bang on, if he stays fit of course.

Because he isn't as effective in the 4-3-3 as Sturridge, Welbeck and Sterling.