FA Cup 3rd Round Draw - Cardiff City (H) - ties to be played 4th/5th of January

Fenham Mag

Do Carlisle and Newcastle have previous when it comes to bother?  Remember hearing about it kicking off at a friendly few years ago.

Not to mention Cardiff coming up for the weekend.  Be a pleasent weekend for the Bill.

I've seen things kicking off at Carlisle but never over here.

Do Carlisle and Newcastle have previous when it comes to bother?  Remember hearing about it kicking off at a friendly few years ago.

Not to mention Cardiff coming up for the weekend.  Be a pleasent weekend for the Bill.

there was a bit of bother outside the central before and after carlisles last visit to the mackemas in the cup.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20131216/ticket-alert-cardiff-cup-tie-on-sale_2281670_3579793

Ticket Alert - Cardiff Cup Tie On Sale

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Managing Editor

Tickets for Newcastle United's FA Cup third round home tie against Cardiff City are on sale to season ticket holders.

Alan Pardew's side face their Premier League rivals on Saturday, 4th January (3pm kick-off) on Tyneside in the famous competition.

Initially, only the lower tiers of St. James' Park will be opened and season ticket holders can secure their favourite spot in the stadium from Monday, 16th December until the end of Tuesday, 17th December.

From Wednesday, 18th December, to the end of Thursday, 19th December, season ticket holders will be given the opportunity to buy alternative and extra seats, while tickets will also be released to Club Members.

Tickets will then be available for online general sale from tickets.nufc.co.uk on Friday, 20th December, and full general sale from the Box Office - including telephone sales - on Friday, 27th December.

For season ticket holders and Members, prices are £15 for adults, £10 for studens and £5 for concessions, apart from Premium areas where they are £20, £15 and £10 respectively.

For anyone who is not a season ticket holder or Member, adult tickets are £5 more expensive (£20 general stands/£25 Premium areas), but concessions and student prices remain the same.

Supporters buying their seat only will automatically have their season ticket smartcard uploaded with the game, while alternate seats will be issued in the form of paper tickets. Maximum card upload is one ticket.

Platinum Club original bondholders within areas C, D, E and F on Level Two, need take no action. Current 2013/14 season ticket holders in these areas will have their cards uploaded, with non-renewals in the form of paper tickets.

Reading that, as a season ticket holder I should be able to buy "alternative and extra seats" from today. I've logged on and tried to buy tickets but no area of the ground can be selected. The next line says "Tickets will then be available for online general sale from tickets.nufc.co.uk on Friday, 20th December". Does that mean I can't buy tickets on-line until Friday? If so, why not?

Guest Roger Kint

It says from Wednesday, its not even 10am yet. Give them a chance to piss about with the system for an hour or so at least. Not like its ever reliable  :lol:

The whole thing is a mess at the minute anyway.

Was in charge of sorting 6 tickets out for boxing day but it'd only let me have one at member's rate so I went to the box office.  Turns out they're trying to stop people buying a batch at the reduced rate.  I say it's all a mess because it isn't explained anywhere online.

So if you're expecting to get a few with ST discount (fiver off) you're likely to only be allowed one.

Lot of bother with Carlisle passing through from Hartlepool a few years ago with a number from both sides jailed.

The website's crap.

When I went into the box office I was served by a woman, probably around 40ish.  Gave me a full on lecture about people bulk buying reduced tickets as if I'd been the main culprit and was just generally rude and unpleasant.

:lol:

"WE CAN'T EVEN AFFORD TO BUY A PLAYER IN JANUARY NOW AND IT'S ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!"

I finally managed to buy my tickets. I had to buy the child ticket as a separate transaction to the adult tickets. When I tried to buy the child ticket with the Adult tickets it kept trying to charge me £15 for the child ticket.

You'd think it would be in the interests of the club (and therefore Mike Ashley) to have the ticket website fully functional and easy to use. A fully functioning ticket sales website would mean less work for the box office staff (I believe someone said on here that there are only 8 people who work in the box office) and more ticket sales. Not everyone can go to the box office and not everyone wants to ring an 0844 number. I bet a lot of people give up on buying tickets when the website messes them around.

The website's crap.

When I went into the box office I was served by a woman, probably around 40ish.  Gave me a full on lecture about people bulk buying reduced tickets as if I'd been the main culprit and was just generally rude and unpleasant.

I'm guessing she's got gingery hair in a ponytail? I've had an ongoing issue with the box office of late, in which she's had a big hand. I'd rather not go into the details of my case incase a box office staff member reads it. However,  if we're talking about the same woman,  she almost tries to make you feel like you're in the wrong somehow for things that are down to their mistakes/ failings.

The website's crap.

I'm guessing she's got gingery hair in a ponytail? I've had an ongoing issue with the box office of late, in which she's had a big hand. I'd rather not go into the details of my case incase a box office staff member reads it. However,  if we're talking about the same woman,  she almost tries to make you feel like you're in the wrong somehow for things that are down to their mistakes/ failings.

Southern accent? I've had dealings with her before and wanted to punch her in the teeth. She's intolerable.

The website's crap.

Southern accent? I've had dealings with her before and wanted to punch her in the teeth. She's intolerable.

That's the one.  Maybe it's just the way she comes across and she's genuinely trying to help. Maybe the pressure gets to her? She does seem to have an overly bossy manner though.

The website's crap.

That's the one!

The website's crap.

That's the one!

Posts on here as mary. possibly!!!

If it's the lady that I think it is, at least she actually has some sort of grasp on what is going on. I've been in before and been served by some people who are clueless. Not that I think that is necessarily their fault. It's obvious the box office is run on a shoe string budget and it certainly appears as if the majority of the staff in there are trained in how to process simple purchasing transactions, but have no real knowledge of what to do whenever there is a problem.

The online box office can be fairly infuriating like. Any time I need to buy tickets it seems to take several attempts, and just as I'm about to smash up the computer and swear off football for life, it suddenly goes through fine like the massive fucking troll that it is.