Newcastle United vs Southampton - Saturday 14th December at 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Be great if we could win this how ever way possible.... would give us a real chance of going on a another 4 win streak before Arsenal which would at that point be a free hit.

I think its a good time to play them as well, they have injuries and recently dropped form.... i know they got a draw against City but City are awful away from home and Southampton are nowhere near as good away from home as well.

Key will be stopping the delivery from wide areas, easier said than done mind.

We've got our home support & an absolutely brilliant win at Old Trafford to buoy them, 3 points is absolutely the minimum and AP needs to be positively encouraging the troops to sharpen their swords and batter them.

MYM should replace Colo for this, he won't but he should!

:dowiespin: Why should he? Colo was one of our star performers at the weekend. Really not getting this Colo hatred at the minute like, still by far and away our best centre half.

:dowiespin: Why should he? Colo was one of our star performers at the weekend. Really not getting this Colo hatred at the minute like, still by far and away our best centre half.

Before the man u game I would have agreed with skirge tbh, couldn't have looked less interested v swansea, he was shocking.  Back to the Colo we love v the Mancs tho, no way he should be dropped for this.

Don't think it's 'hatred' ... think people just thought it was harsh on MYM especially seeing as Colo hasn't looked his best or bothered.

Krul

Debuchy          Williamson          Coloccini      Santon

Sissoko            Anita                    Tiote          Gouffran

HBA

Remy

Thats how i would go.

This, if Cabaye wasn't suspended then he'd be in for Anita and Shola for HBA. But as it is, nobody is really capable of playing the long diagonal ball to Shola, so he wouldn't be as effective.

Before the man u game I would have agreed with skirge tbh, couldn't have looked less interested v swansea, he was shocking.  Back to the Colo we love v the Mancs tho, no way he should be dropped for this.

Don't think it's 'hatred' ... think people just thought it was harsh on MYM especially seeing as Colo hasn't looked his best or bothered.

Tactical for me they have plenty of pace Colo gets turned way more than MYM does, with no Cabaye too for this one I just think MYM is better suited to this game.

We need to treat this like we treated Chelsea, Spuds and Manure. Southampton are a very good team, and if we don't show them enough respect, we'll end up with the result we got at Swansea and home to Hull.

A win would be huge for us, really need a good performance though to get it.

We need to treat this like we treated Chelsea, Spuds and Manure. Southampton are a very good team, and if we don't show them enough respect, we'll end up with the result we got at Swansea and home to Hull.

A win would be huge for us, really need a good performance though to get it.

We showed Swansea far too much respect, let's go for it and give them something to worry about, like we did against Man U.

He's probably the worst of the 4 based on 2013, like. And he wants off. Had a very good game on Saturday, but so the captain should play well once every few months.

They don't have much pace going forward really.... their quickest player is probably Lallana and he's more skillful than quick.

They are organised, move the ball well etc etc but i wouldn't call them quick. Their biggest threat comes from the delivery from wide areas and set pieces.

Ward Prowse is fantastic on dead ball situations as well as crossing from open play and their fullbacks have excellent delivery too.

Williamson and Debuchy are going to have be on their game i imagine.

He's probably the worst of the 4 based on 2013, like. And he wants off. Had a very good game on Saturday, but so the captain should play well once every few months.

Is he fuck. You scrutinise every little thing about his game as you're pissed off that he wants to leave for personal reasons - his family are thousands of miles away! He's gave us great service over the years and has, on the whole, been a good leader.

He's been below his high standards of years gone by I would agree with that but he hasn't been poor by any stretch. To say he only plays well "once every few months" is ludicrous.

I don't even know why I bite at your bait.

Is he fuck. You scrutinise every little thing about his game as you're pissed off that he wants to leave for personal reasons - his family are thousands of miles away! He's gave us great service over the years and has, on the whole, been a good leader.

He's been below his high standards of years gone by I would agree with that but he hasn't been poor by any stretch. To say he only plays well "once every few months" is ludicrous.

It's because I'm right and you don't like it.

Is he f***. You scrutinise every little thing about his game as you're p*ssed off that he wants to leave for personal reasons - his family are thousands of miles away! He's gave us great service over the years and has, on the whole, been a good leader.

It's because I'm right and you don't like it.

:lol: Ok then, almighty one.

Playing 4-4-2 will play into their hands imo. Keep 3 in the middle and keep the ball away from them.

Disagree actually, their high press leaves a lot of their men up the pitch and so keeping pressure on their back line with 2 strikers and a bit more direct will keep them more cautious. Playing 3 men risks leaving a single striker isolated when they press so high. Having said that worry that playing 2 men in mid will cause trouble

I would consider (may get pounced on for this) playing a 4-2-3-1 as such

Shola

Remy    HBA    Sissoko

Tiote    Anita

Santon Colo  Willo  Debs

Krul

Make diagonal balls over their high press to Sissoko and Remy on teh wings while Shola provides a constant presence in their CBs with Ben Arfa exploiting the spaces left from Remy and Sissoko's wide runs. Tiote and Anita making sure we're not dropping too deep and keeping the ball. Gouf as super-sub

Guest bimpy474

Playing 4-4-2 will play into their hands imo. Keep 3 in the middle and keep the ball away from them.

Disagree actually, their high press leaves a lot of their men up the pitch and so keeping pressure on their back line with 2 strikers and a bit more direct will keep them more cautious. Playing 3 men risks leaving a single striker isolated when they press so high. Having said that worry that playing 2 men in mid will cause trouble

Shola

Remy    HBA    Sissoko

Tiote    Anita

Santon Colo  Willo  Debs

Krul

Make diagonal balls over their high press to Sissoko and Remy on teh wings while Shola provides a constant presence in their CBs with Ben Arfa exploiting the spaces left from Remy and Sissoko's wide runs. Tiote and Anita making sure we're not dropping too deep and keeping the ball. Gouf as super-sub

It's more us than them with the 4-4-2/4-2-3-1, i think we keep less possession with those. And if we give up possession like we did against Norwich we'll get punished imo. Also i wouldn't play Shola against any team that keep possession that the likes of Southampton/Swansea/Everton like to do, imo he just becomes a passenger.

I would just do the same as we did at Man Utd, Sissoko into the middle to take Cabaye's place, and Ben Arfa where Sissoko was.

Shola

Remy    HBA    Sissoko

Tiote    Anita

Santon Colo  Willo  Debs

Krul

Would be ridiculously harsh to drop Gouffran like. Just move Remy up front instead of Shola, and Gouffran to the left.