Newcastle Utd vs Arsenal - Sunday 29th December @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

They have too much quality for us, mostly in m/f and up front.....Ozil and Podolski will be a particular danger as will Walcott. Our m/f needs to play out of its skin, esp Tiote and Anita, if we are to keep them quiet.

Remy's pace will trouble them on the break but if both teams play to capacity, we will lose.

I never predict results and anything can happen in football but hard to see us getting anything out of this - a narrow loss after a good display would be acceptable but a tonking would be bad for morale, both on and off the field.

We need to control the midfield by having more bodies and the players must overrun the opponents. Sorry to Hatem but same lineup as Man Utd for me. Anita cabaye and tiote in the middle would boss them with sissoko and gouffran covering the wings. We are fucking solid with this setup tbh.

We've beaten Chelsea, Spurs and Man Utd in recent weeks so no reason we can't turn these over as well if our players are on their game.

I expect a big performance from Cabaye in particular - think he's only worth 11 million you cheeky bastards??

They have too much quality for us, mostly in m/f and up front.....Ozil and Podolski will be a particular danger as will Walcott. Our m/f needs to play out of its skin, esp Tiote and Anita, if we are to keep them quiet.

Remy's pace will trouble them on the break but if both teams play to capacity, we will lose.

I never predict results and anything can happen in football but hard to see us getting anything out of this - a narrow loss after a good display would be acceptable but a tonking would be bad for morale, both on and off the field.

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

I'll be satisfied with anything that doesn't break our spirit. No heavy defeats or last minute defeats. Anything where we've made a good account of ourselves and can take something into the WBA match is satisfactory.

I don't think they'll relish coming here given there latest results either. We've got a 1 in 2 striker and two 1 in 3 players currently in form, hopefully we'll be up for it and do them. Seems a while since we've beaten them up here, the Solano 1-0 maybe?

he was from Peru

It's an interesting one. If Pardew elects for his "Benfica" tactic to keep it tight for 60 minutes then nick a goal, the game might be over at half-time. Then again, Arsenal haven't quite regained that rhythm and fluency they had before their recent small lull, so we might be catching them at the right time.

Wouldn't risk it with the return of Podolski and Walcott (not to mention the lost deer in headlights of Santon) personally, and I hope we give them something to worry about from the first whistle and get in their faces as Everton did.

It's an interesting one. If Pardew elects for his "Benfica" tactic to keep it tight for 60 minutes then nick a goal, the game might be over at half-time. Then again, Arsenal haven't quite regained that rhythm and fluency they had before their recent small lull, so we might be catching them at the right time.

Wouldn't risk it with the return of Podolski and Walcott (not to mention the lost deer in headlights of Santon) personally, and I hope we give them something to worry about from the first whistle and get in their faces as Everton did.

I think he only did that in the Benfica game because he felt that approach was needed to overturn a 2 goal deficit. Don't think he'd do that when he can get a draw and that would be a good result.

That made far more sense in my head than it did when I typed it.

I think he only did that in the Benfica game because he felt that approach was needed to overturn a 2 goal deficit. Don't think he'd do that when he can get a draw and that would be a good result.

That made far more sense in my head than it did when I typed it.

Same tactic vs Chelsea this season, wasn't it?

Without seeing today's game, I'd expect Anita to be the one replaced by Tiote. So something like:

Krul

Debuchy Williamson Coloccini Santon

Ben Arfa Sissoko Tiote Cabaye Gouffran

Remy

Might have something about it. Least we'd crowd out the middle.

Would be fantastic if we really went all out and attacked them from the off, would make for an interesting game too.

We'll only get something from this if everybody plays to their maximum potential and we really really go for it.

Here's hoping

I don't think it will work as Walcott will certainly outpaced Willo and Colo during counter.  We have to control the tempo instead of went all out and try to hit them like what we did against Man Utd and Spurs.