Newcastle United vs Cardiff City (FA Cup R3) - Sat 4th Jan @ 3pm (not on TV)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Managed to get a free platinum club ticket for this, anyone know what its like? 

I'm in the platinum club tomorrow as well.

The bar area itself is okay but the entrances to the seating area are a bit of a bottleneck with everyone cramming in at the last minute and then for the 1st 20 minutes of the game you usually have loads of people wandering around lost looking for their seats as the seating numbering is very confusing due their being different blocks for different "clubs" with the seat number on one side of a gangway not always following on consecutively on the other side of the gangway!

The seats are comfortable but the leg room isn't, I've got much more leg room in level 7.

Aye, this as well. Loads of space in Level 7 but as the platinum club is older they've just shoved comfy seats into an older stand with not as much space.

Does anyone now if al-Jazeera is showing this?

Don't think so - there isn't any overseas coverage advertised.

Meh. Only hope is now that Viasat pick it up as it's Solskjär's first game in charge. Norwegians, do you have any info?

Guest snoopythewriter

Obviously going to play all the kids in this game. Pre-match interview Pardew will say that this is a chance for them to prove their worth and challenge for more first team appearances.

We then lose 4-0. Post-match interview Pardew blames the kids and negativity starts to creep in. Sunday Sun reports disharmony in the dressing room. French players about to cause a mutiny. PSG come in with a combined £45million offer for Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

Does anyone now if al-Jazeera is showing this?

Don't think so - there isn't any overseas coverage advertised.

Meh. Only hope is now that Viasat pick it up as it's Solskjär's first game in charge. Norwegians, do you have any info?

Norwegian TV2 have contacted FA and asked if it's possible to show the game, but no more news than that yet.

The bar area itself is okay but the entrances to the seating area are a bit of a bottleneck with everyone cramming in at the last minute and then for the 1st 20 minutes of the game you usually have loads of people wandering around lost looking for their seats as the seating numbering is very confusing due their being different blocks for different "clubs" with the seat number on one side of a gangway not always following on consecutively on the other side of the gangway!

ah right, nice one. I like the look of the view on the seating plan, and I'm always good for a more comfy seat. Do you get bollocked if you swear/shout in there like?

No more than anywhere else in the ground really.

Expecting something like this.

Krul

Santon Williamson Taylor Yanga-Mbiwa

Ben Arfa Anita Tiote Gutierrez

Cisse Sammy

Fucking hope Jonas doesn't start like.

Right Back?

Played there for Argentina in the World Cup in 2010.

I really hope you are taking the piss here.

Expecting something like this.

Krul

Santon Williamson Taylor Yanga-Mbiwa

Ben Arfa Anita Tiote Gutierrez

Cisse Sammy

Fucking hope Jonas doesn't start like.

Right Back?

Played there for Argentina in the World Cup in 2010.

I really hope you are taking the piss here.

Little bit, but at the same time with Debuchy suspended he ain't a bad shout as a right back rather than putting MYM or Taylor there.

Santon and Haidara is the logical route with MYM coming in at CB.

Santon looks lost at right back though.

You'd expect him to go down the outside and use his right foot but instead he cuts inside onto his non existant left foot in the same way he does when he plays left back. For all he is right footed he looks far more comfortable at left back.

Anita is also a good shout mind.

Sounds shit.

Obviously going to play all the kids in this game. Pre-match interview Pardew will say that this is a chance for them to prove their worth and challenge for more first team appearances.

We then lose 4-0. Post-match interview Pardew blames the kids and negativity starts to creep in. Sunday Sun reports disharmony in the dressing room. French players about to cause a mutiny. PSG come in with a combined £45million offer for Cabaye and Ben Arfa.

Sounds like a Mike Ashley wet dream..