Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest bimpy474

Could this be a release clause job, hence them being so angry we know it.

nah they just seem generally insane there.

Aye, they certainly do :lol:

Guest BenArfa10

Ok here is what I think the situation with us, Cabella and Montpellier is. We have declared an interest in Cabella as he is a very good player. We may also be aware, as so often is the case with us of a possible buyout clause or maximum price which he can go for. Montpellier are in a relegation battle right now and are slowly seeing their once proud ship (L1 champions in 11-12) being stripped of its brighest treasures and sinking quicker than the Titanic. I believe that Cabella has expressed an interest to leave the club, and there are quotes alluding to this, and Nicollin and Courbis are unimpressed by the fact, we have unsettled their player yet again. I think it boils down to the fact that Montpellier know they are in a weaker position and are desperately doing all they can to pretend it's not happening, hence the very strange and contradictory quotes. If we are truly in for him then I think they will crumble at some point. 

Fortunately for us Nicollin has a reputation of a big gob and little to back it up. This has been evidenced by his outlandish comments regarding Olivier Giroud's price tag (£50m) before he went to Arsenal for £9.6m. At around this time Nicollin also found room in his day to belittle NUFC by saying ''Newcastle? They are too small for him (Giroud)''.

Moving on to the transfer of our very own Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. He signed at us for £6.7m. Of course we must remember he was being touted for Arsenal and AC Milan and was one of Europe's top young defenders and still is in my opinion. In October of last year Nicollin showed his bitterness and petulance once again by saying that MYM was wrong to quit Montpellier, that he should have stayed and 'don't worry, he will come back to Montpellier'. Really Nicollin? He should have stayed at a team that are losing their top players at a rapid pace and a team who currently sit 16th in Ligue 1, 4 points above relegation? This was on top of what he said when we originally signed him, ''his agent is an ass, Newcastle is not a good choice and he will re-transfer next year, he is only seeking a pay-rise''. I think everybody realises that just wasn't going to happen. At this same time he also hit out at Younes Belhanda (not linked with Newcastle so it's not just a grudge against NUFC), saying 'Apart from Fenerbache I do not know who wants him'. Oh I can imagine a lot of clubs do Louis. Essentially he's just irate that a club from a bigger league, with a much bigger worldwide reputation than Montpellier are taking his players and there is very little he can do about it because despite his delusions and protestations Montpellier are a very small club in France. Winning Ligue 1 does not get you much recognition in world football Louis. We did the same with Cabaye and Debuchy after Lille won the league  and now look at the reputation of them both so maybe moving to Newcastle wouldn't be a bad move for Cabella after all.   

Very good post, but remember JFK can pick up his empty yogurt pot on the end of a piece of string to any manager in the world

Guest BenArfa10

Very good post, but remember JFK can pick up his empty yogurt pot on the end of a piece of string to any manager in the world

I genuinely think he was drunk when he gave that first interview as our DOFA

Ok here is what I think the situation with us, Cabella and Montpellier is. We have declared an interest in Cabella as he is a very good player. We may also be aware, as so often is the case with us of a possible buyout clause or maximum price which he can go for. Montpellier are in a relegation battle right now and are slowly seeing their once proud ship (L1 champions in 11-12) being stripped of its brighest treasures and sinking quicker than the Titanic. I believe that Cabella has expressed an interest to leave the club, and there are quotes alluding to this, and Nicollin and Courbis are unimpressed by the fact, we have unsettled their player yet again. I think it boils down to the fact that Montpellier know they are in a weaker position and are desperately doing all they can to pretend it's not happening, hence the very strange and contradictory quotes. If we are truly in for him then I think they will crumble at some point. 

Fortunately for us Nicollin has a reputation of a big gob and little to back it up. This has been evidenced by his outlandish comments regarding Olivier Giroud's price tag (£50m) before he went to Arsenal for £9.6m. At around this time Nicollin also found room in his day to belittle NUFC by saying ''Newcastle? They are too small for him (Giroud)''.

Moving on to the transfer of our very own Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa. He signed at us for £6.7m. Of course we must remember he was being touted for Arsenal and AC Milan and was one of Europe's top young defenders and still is in my opinion. In October of last year Nicollin showed his bitterness and petulance once again by saying that MYM was wrong to quit Montpellier, that he should have stayed and 'don't worry, he will come back to Montpellier'. Really Nicollin? He should have stayed at a team that are losing their top players at a rapid pace and a team who currently sit 16th in Ligue 1, 4 points above relegation? This was on top of what he said when we originally signed him, ''his agent is an ass, Newcastle is not a good choice and he will re-transfer next year, he is only seeking a pay-rise''. I think everybody realises that just wasn't going to happen. At this same time he also hit out at Younes Belhanda (not linked with Newcastle so it's not just a grudge against NUFC), saying 'Apart from Fenerbache I do not know who wants him'. Oh I can imagine a lot of clubs do Louis. Essentially he's just irate that a club from a bigger league, with a much bigger worldwide reputation than Montpellier are taking his players and there is very little he can do about it because despite his delusions and protestations Montpellier are a very small club in France. Winning Ligue 1 does not get you much recognition in world football Louis. We did the same with Cabaye and Debuchy after Lille won the league  and now look at the reputation of them both so maybe moving to Newcastle wouldn't be a bad move for Cabella after all. 

:thup:  A good read.

Courbis is comparing the potential price tag of Cabella with Cabaye like they line up comparatively.

Difference possibly due to:

- playing experience and consistency in one of the best leagues on the world.. Oh and the French league.

- captaining the sides he has been in.

- extensive international experience with France. Also one of the first names on the team sheet.

- general overall unrivalled sexiness on and off the field.

Don't think so, but they weren't denied either (think Cabella himself was asked and didn't deny it as well?)

Yeah the club have had so much to say on it without any denial so I would suspect the quotes are real.  Cabella was asked after last nights match and he refused to comment saying if he did the manager would not pick him for any games.

In that case he should talk about it, they drop him and seal their relegation fate and we come in and get him for less in the summer when they're a Ligue 2 club :)

Nah would rather just pay the £12m or whatever and get him now obviously.