Remy Cabella

Yaron

@NUFC_Stats: Cabella: "Every football club has its own signature and its own saying, and 'howay the lads' is Newcastle's!” #nufc

As Rémy Cabella finished posing for photographs in the St. James' Park tunnel, Newcastle United's latest recruit studied his new surroundings.

"Qu'est ce que ca veut dire 'howay the lads'?" he asked, looking above his head to where a black and white scarf had just been held aloft.

The attacking midfielder may have been on Tyneside for a matter of hours, but already he was intent on integrating with the Geordie ways.

A brief explanation later and Cabella was in the local groove, even signing his first couple of shirts with the Magpies' famous phrase.

Fair play

I was just reading through BBC's live coverage update thing for the world cup final, and I see this:

23:18

Bizarrely, Newcastle have just announced the signing of France midfielder Remy Cabella...

:lol:

Still seems a select few 'ironically' suggesting he's made a mistake, that he'll be misused, that we've got him on the basis that he'll improve under Pardew so that we can cash in.

Fuck that. Delighted to have got him, and really looking forward to seeing what he can do for us this season. The only worry for me is who we sell to 'balance the books'... Think we might be ok in this case though.

I fucking hate how conflicted about NUFC this owner and manager have made me. Would love to be excited about a signing like this.

Tossers.

Ditto, thanks to the snake in charge, neither are us will be watching him next year. Horrible cunts.

Guest diddimz

I have heard nothing but good things about Newcastle United from everyone I spoke to.

Obviously didn't speak to Pardew then.

or the fans

Guest bimpy474

I have heard nothing but good things about Newcastle United from everyone I spoke to.

Why would Pardew be less positive than the players (or anyone else)?

I would think Dave means Pardew's constant, we're just a mid table club, can't compete etc etc, not interested in cups or the Europa, that type of thing.

I would think Dave means Pardew's constant, we're just a mid table club, can't compete etc etc, not interested in cups or the Europa, that type of thing.

I reckon Dave is just being uncharacteristically negative for the sake of debate.

We probably weren't competing with top clubs over this lad, but still reckon it shows good intent. For Cabella to make this move after taking advice is nothing but a positive for me. Even if he sees us as a stepping stone, he's been convinced by everyone he's talked to that we are a positive step.

For that to be the case, we'll also hopefully be seeing some good times for him and the club in the coming seasons.

Guest bimpy474

I reckon Dave is just being uncharacteristically negative for the sake of debate.

We probably weren't competing with top clubs over this lad, but still reckon it shows good intent. For Cabella to make this move after taking advice is nothing but a positive for me. Even if he sees us as a stepping stone, he's been convinced by everyone he's talked to that we are a positive step.

For that to be the case, we'll also hopefully be seeing some good times for him and the club in the coming seasons.

While i admire your optimism, the last 3 years have told me all i need to know about good times for the club supposedly coming.

While i admire your optimism, the last 3 years have told me all i need to know about good times for the club supposedly coming.

Fair point, and I'm not oblivious to the fact that Cabaye and (potentially) Debucy didn't need good seasons to get their moves.

But still, I really like the look of this guy and if he can give us something to shout about this season, when it could have been so much worse in terms of signings, I'm going to take the positives. :D

I do wonder where he's going to play.

You'd think Gouffran cemented his place as the false 3 on the left last season. Sissoko down the right and De Jong up front with some f***er.

False 3. :lol: :lol: