Remy Cabella

Yaron

Are these the quotes you lot are on about?

Pardew said: "His conduct and professionalism are very, very impressive. That gives you heart that he's going to be a success.

"Obviously he's definitely got technical quality, but he's got to get a grasp. I don't think he really gets referees. He moans (in training) when me and (assistant) John (Carver) ref - and we're better than Premier League refs!

"He goes down and he thinks some of the challenges in this division should be fouls. He genuinely believes that - but they're not.

"I think he's beginning to get the intensity of the division. The cameos he's done have been significant - Spurs, Liverpool, they were significant.

"He's on the cusp of starting again now as he comes to grips with what this division's about.

"It's about physicality and mentality, about where you should be on the pitch at a particular time, about how you can affect the opposition best."

So diving now equals jumping out of tackles? I thought diving meant simulating a fall after a tackle that never took place? Diving and avoiding contact isn't the same no matter how you try  to twist it to suit your argument.

Dive or break your leg. :lol: Makes you wonder how teams in the olden days were able to get enough players to fulfill their fixtures.

Diving IS completely abhorrent. Absolute horseshit I'm reading here, I'm out.

Are these the quotes you lot are on about?

Pardew said: "His conduct and professionalism are very, very impressive. That gives you heart that he's going to be a success.

"Obviously he's definitely got technical quality, but he's got to get a grasp. I don't think he really gets referees. He moans (in training) when me and (assistant) John (Carver) ref - and we're better than Premier League refs!

"He goes down and he thinks some of the challenges in this division should be fouls. He genuinely believes that - but they're not.

"I think he's beginning to get the intensity of the division. The cameos he's done have been significant - Spurs, Liverpool, they were significant.

"He's on the cusp of starting again now as he comes to grips with what this division's about.

"It's about physicality and mentality, about where you should be on the pitch at a particular time, about how you can affect the opposition best."

You mean the quotes some are taking as Cabella already being written off?

Yes, yes they are.

Aside from his usual smugness he's not said much wrong about Cabella there. One would think for £12m he'd be more impressive than he has so far. Was predictable as you like that he'd be too poncy for Pardew though.

Aside from his usual smugness he's not said much wrong about Cabella there.

Agree, his asking for soft as fuck fouls is the worst thing about his game and it's otherwise a fairly positive set of quotes, for a change.

Soon as Jonas is ready to come back to training he needs to have a few hours with Cabella and run a "How to win a free kick" seminar.

The image of The King and John Charva being refs in training has me incensed for some reason, walking over to a fallen French player and telling him to "gerrup Dorothy, you're not in Kansas anymore..."

Anything this man says just pushes me over the edge.

The problem in a lot of other European and south American countries,  is that diving and simulation is just a normal part of the sport. Doing anything you can to beat your opponent is all that matters, I don't know if has always been like that, but it certainly is the case nowadays.

Aside from his usual smugness he's not said much wrong about Cabella there. One would think for £12m he'd be more impressive than he has so far. Was predictable as you like that he'd be too poncy for Pardew though.

You don't get much for £12m in football these days tbf

Easy way to solve diving is to implement two things - one, insert rule that players must at all times try their best to stay on their feet. If the ref believes they don't, they don't get a freekick/pen awarded. Second is to implement a standard post-game review panel that looks at the footage of each match and anyone kicking at players or stuff not spotted by the ref, including diving, gets punished harshly.

You'd see probably a lot less free kicks, a lot less penalties in the short term, but over time once the review panels dish out post-match cards (yellows/reds) enough times, the game will become really free-flowing again. Would probably only take 5-6 matches into a season too.

It's weird it feels like we are just waiting for this guy to explode and become a monster on the pitch with skills, passing, dribbling etc. - so far he still looks shit scared of how rough it is over here, so can't apply his game.